2019 2nd round pick for Rosen is Andy Isabella WR

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I don't give up just fear kliff is going to give up
He was his first supporter, now is behind everyone, and we don't have a great receiving corp
I think your wrong I think we’ve got the WR Corp. I still say we shouldn’t have signed Crabs & let Izzy develop as he does. He’s not gonna learn being deactivated every week. Crabs isn’t a threat at this point of his career anyway imo.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can't how quickly some want to give up on Isabella. Tons of WR's need a year or two to develop and he has elite speed which can't be taught. Sure I wish he was playing like Byrd is now, after two years developing in the NFL.

I don't care if he was "over drafted" as long as he develops to utilize his athletic talent.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Can't how quickly some want to give up on Isabella. Tons of WR's need a year or two to develop and he has elite speed which can't be taught. Sure I wish he was playing like Byrd is now, after two years developing in the NFL.

I don't care if he was "over drafted" as long as he develops to utilize his athletic talent.
Some of us were never onboard in the first place. You can’t give up on something you never believed in.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
If her were drafted where he should’ve been (4th to 5th rd) he would've been either released or placed on the practice squad.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think the problem is that for a team that needs players to help their rookie QB it hurts to not see a 2nd round pick on the field.

Could have possibly traded up for AJ Brown. DK was right there. Hardman should have had 2 TDs today.

Its great to see Fitz be the best downfield threat, but its concerning that the Cards have no one else who is really that kind of threat.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Disappointing but small college rookie not a total shock.

If he's still not active 2nd half of the season it'll be a concern.

Byrd had one nice play but man is he lacking field awareness, twice came up short of the first down and the play where fields the punt and then steps out.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Disappointing but small college rookie not a total shock.

If he's still not active 2nd half of the season it'll be a concern.

Byrd had one nice play but man is he lacking field awareness, twice came up short of the first down and the play where fields the punt and then steps out.
As much as I've been down on Andy I think you've gotta find a way to keep him active on gamedays.

Ok he's not ready to contribute. However, he does have 4.3 speed. Use him for reverses, throw him a screen pass, use him as a decoy, take the top off a defense so other wrs can find something underneath.

Cards have 2 games of film out there. Only wr that really gets deep is Fitz and Kyler's not running much. Expect heavy pressures until there is legit speed on the field.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think Keim might have made a mistake, but when I think about it do you really think a guy like Andy Reid wouldn't find a role for Andy?

Andy's development hurts the flexibility if you're stuck on system. However, thinking outside the box/system and he could probably find a role.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think Keim might have made a mistake, but when I think about it do you really think a guy like Andy Reid wouldn't find a role for Andy?

I can't blame them for trading up for Rosen last year. The mistake was not trading Rosen in February/March when he probably had significantly more value. Had Drew Lock not been taken by the Broncos in round 2, I bet he would have fallen to Miami, and they never would have traded for Rosen. We'd be stuck with Rosen for a 3rd/4th rounder, or we'd have had to keep him as the backup this year, which would've been a horrible locker room with 2 FRQBs on the team from back-to-back drafts.

The trade was the best we could probably get at the time. Now the drafting of a 5'9" WR that is all speed and hasn't learned to run routes correctly, that's arguable for sure. I do think that this year they turned-over the WR room with a bunch of new guys, and considering how much of a crapshoot the draft can be, it's amazing what #19 Johnson has done for where he was picked.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
May have been over drafted but give it a chance. Still say he will be good. Right now I like our receivers.
agree..He could turn out to be a stud slot receiver. Gotta give it some time. Imo

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can't blame them for trading up for Rosen last year. The mistake was not trading Rosen in February/March when he probably had significantly more value. Had Drew Lock not been taken by the Broncos in round 2, I bet he would have fallen to Miami, and they never would have traded for Rosen. We'd be stuck with Rosen for a 3rd/4th rounder, or we'd have had to keep him as the backup this year, which would've been a horrible locker room with 2 FRQBs on the team from back-to-back drafts.

The trade was the best we could probably get at the time. Now the drafting of a 5'9" WR that is all speed and hasn't learned to run routes correctly, that's arguable for sure. I do think that this year they turned-over the WR room with a bunch of new guys, and considering how much of a crapshoot the draft can be, it's amazing what #19 Johnson has done for where he was picked.
I think if Rosen did slide to that point he would have been cut. Imo. Or would have been sold for pennies on the dollar... Ie future late round pick or picks. They would have gone with the same two QBs they have now...no doubt. But that's my thoughts on it.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
As much as I've been down on Andy I think you've gotta find a way to keep him active on gamedays.

Ok he's not ready to contribute. However, he does have 4.3 speed. Use him for reverses, throw him a screen pass, use him as a decoy, take the top off a defense so other wrs can find something underneath.

Cards have 2 games of film out there. Only wr that really gets deep is Fitz and Kyler's not running much. Expect heavy pressures until there is legit speed on the field.
Byrd has taken his role and we are carrying Crabtree now. You can't inactivate Sherfield because of Teams. Can't have 7 WRs active on gameday.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

The worst part about Isabella is that he struggled at the Senior Bowl with the same things. What should be noted is that he is a hard worker which means he will probably develop into a better version of Byrd down the road.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
He's an inside WR. Playing behind Kirk and Fitz. Not hard to see why his reps are being limited. Byrd & Sherfield are outside with KJ & Crabtree. Not hard to see why KJ is playing.

Give it time. I'm not totally sold on the kid yet but he should improve.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Tough watching Hardman, Metcalf, and McLaurin all flourish...

I'm hoping with the Crabtree release he now gets some run.

It just hurts not having another playmaker out there to help Kyler. Three weeks in hopefully Andy is up to speed. We need his speed on the field to open things up.

Last edited:

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Tough watching Hardman, Metcalfe, and McLaurin all flourish...

It just hurts not having another playmaker out there to help Kyler. Three weeks in hopefully Andy is up to speed. We need his speed on the field to open things up.
But, Invisibella is fast!!!!

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Tough watching Hardman, Metcalf, and McLaurin all flourish...

That account has some seriously bad takes.

Receivers who do not produce in college rarely have good NFL careers. They can have good games, even good seasons, but rarely good careers. Some of these rookies with sub par profiles who are being force fed volume will be replaced by better players down the road. Isabella has all of the traits of a good NFL player, waiting on a rookie WR is common, especially when his route to snaps is blocked by a hall of famer and last year's 2nd round pick. Look at JJ Arcega Whiteside. He will also have a better career than those named in that tweet but he's blocked by veterans and still developing. Way too early to pass judgement on rookie WRs.

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/andy-isabella/

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

Receivers who do not produce in college rarely have good NFL careers. They can have good games, even good seasons, but rarely good careers. Some of these rookies with sub par profiles who are being force fed volume will be replaced by better players down the road. Isabella has all of the traits of a good NFL player, waiting on a rookie WR is common, especially when his route to snaps is blocked by a hall of famer and last year's 2nd round pick. Look at JJ Arcega Whiteside. He will also have a better career than those named in that tweet but he's blocked by veterans and still developing. Way too early to pass judgement on rookie WRs.

His route to snaps was blocked by a WR at the end of his career we couldn't keep for a month, a 6th round pick, and two players who went undrafted, one on his second team. He's a second round pick who was a healthy scratch this year and hasn't caught a pass. Come on.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Optimistic take, I dunno man..