2019-20 Northern AZ Suns G-League Thread

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by Hoop Head, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

To some extent but I view Harper as a much more talented player much in the mode of Isaiah Thomas. He can flat out score the basketball. If Monty could reign his offense in a bit, have him focus more on being a playmaker, I think he could play on the NBA level. He knows on to run a team.

2. JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan Registered User

I don't know. When I watch him, I get this horrible sense that I am watching Isaiah Canaan or Mike James all over again.

Hoop Head likes this.
  3. CardsSunsDbacks

CardsSunsDbacks ASFN Contributor Contributor

Those guys wouldn't have been seen as so bad if they weren't relied upon to play a huge role for the team. If Harper can simply come off the bench and occasionally get some extended minutes when he gets it going on offense than it could be a good move.

4. Hoop Head

Hoop Head Señor Caca Cabeza Contributor

He reminds me of a score first Tyler Ulis. Ulis wasn't a bad playmaker, it's when he was looking to get himself going that he showed he wasn't an NBA player. Harper's a better shooter but at his size it's too easy to shut him down if he's only looking for his own shot.

5. Mainstreet

I tend to look at what a player can do instead of what he can't so I tend to be optimistic. Maybe this is the case here but the Suns seen enough in Harper to sign him to a two way contract.

What I see is a young floor general who needs to rein in his offense and concentrate more on his passing skills. I think he is more like IT than anyone I can think of at the moment.

IMO, he will always be able to get his shot off but it's the rest of his game I worry about. He has the skills but they need to be cultivated. The big question is if they can.

6. Hoop Head

I hadn't seen much of Lecque, definitely not enough to be as hyped as others in regards to the Suns signing him but he's got some insane hops. Check out this block. I know the camera angle could be deceptive but look where he touches the backboard on his way down, that should tell you it's not just the camera angle that makes it appear that he's so high up.

CardsSunsDbacks and AzStevenCal like this.
  7. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

Yup if that kid harnesses his talent he could be scary good.

8. Carolinacacti

Carolinacacti Registered

Suns need a point guard like Ja, Trey or all the other top 5 pg's taken the last four years. Harper is not one of them, Now Lecque has me wondering.

9. Proximo

Proximo Registered

leque’s jump shot is all that is holding him back. In the first couple g league games he has shot surprisingly well from 3.

I have hopes he will get some minutes with the suns by the end of the year.

10. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

Well, that and the fact that I don’t think he knows how to run a team yet. He’s got a lot of maturing in his game yet to be done. That said, he’s got outta this world physical talent. And seemingly a good attitude.

11. CardsSunsDbacks

That's holding him back from being the lead guard, but he could be a solid team contributor well before he ever gets that part down. If he simply refines some of the team play aspects on both ends and can make a healthy amount of his outside shots he could be at least a good bench player for us. Time will tell though as I suspect he still isn't even there yet.

12. Hoop Head

Not sure how many people pulled up Twitter or just watched that block in the post but his highlights from the entire game were the next tweet down, here they if you didn't see them already. His vertical is just insane. There are a few plays here that are nothing that special other than how high he jumps. He has a putback at 1:40 where you can see that his waist is above other players shoulders, easily. He doesn't seem to try very hard to get hops like that either. He makes it look effortless.

13. JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan Registered User

Harper is an undersized shooting guard. That is becoming clear. After 2 games. 30.5 pts, 4.5 ast. 6 TOV, 52% fg, 50% 3pt.

Lecque. 14 pts, 3 rbs, 4 ast, 2.5 TOV, 46% fg, 40% 3pt.

Lecque's numbers are more encouraging to me than Harper's. Harper's numbers would be encouraging if he wssn't a midget.

14. Mainstreet

The average height for American men 20 years old and up is about 5'9."

https://www.healthline.com/health/average-height-for-men#u.s.-height

15. CardsSunsDbacks