2018 Draft Grades

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by Hoop Head, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Chaplin

Chaplin Better off silent

2. GatorAZ

GatorAZ Formerly known as GatorHater

3. itlnsunsfan

itlnsunsfan Registered

4. SirStefan32

SirStefan32 Krycek, Alex Krycek

Let them say stupid stuff. Suns did not draft Ayton for what he was in his rookie season. As for Bridges, they must not have watched him play a whole lot.

Krangthebrain likes this.
  5. Hoop Head

Hoop Head Señor Caca Cabeza Contributor

I didn't have a problem with their write up on Bridges. He is a great role player and if you look at the draft from top to bottom there are some potential contributors that may become more than Bridges that deserve to be taken in the top 10. Bridges on the right squad is extremely valuable but since the Suns only won 19 games it's hard to give him much credit for his contributions. I think we'll see him continually move up in redrafts as the years go on because he will have a really nice career in the league. He may never be a star but he should be a good starter for the next decade and that won't earn him praise right now but it will in years to come.

BC867 and SirStefan32 like this.
  6. 1Sun

1Sun Registered

Actually, the write-up on both reflects what we already knew: Under Igor Kokoskov, what were originally very promising rookies did not progress enough, especially compared with other rookies.

7. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

I don’t disagree with you, but they aren’t doing the redraft based solely on rookie season. They even stayed so when they slotted JJJ at #2.

8. slinslin

slinslin Welcome to Amareca

it is bleacherreport... they have no credibility

Chris_Sanders likes this.
  9. taz02

taz02 Registered

Besides Booker, what player(s) have the Suns drafted in the last five seasons that would be projected higher in a draft re-do?

10. itlnsunsfan

itlnsunsfan Registered

TJ Warren? That's depressing.

11. 1Sun

1Sun Registered

Could it have anything to do with the fact that they're not being developed properly here?...

12. JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan Registered User

Man. This is not worth getting depressed over.

This is just what some random guy thinks. Ayton is a solid, solid, player and will be a star in this league. When you have the #1 pick you take the best bet. We did that. No regrets.

13. Yuma

Yuma Back in AZ!

Plus almost EVERY draft expert prior to the season said take Doncic if you need a guy to play at his peak immediately They said take Ayton if you were picking for long term. We have always been Center deficient in the Suns history. I would have taken Ayton, too. THen I would have traded my Milwaukee pick, and the following years number one, and whatever else to pick at two and take Doncic. Besides, with Doncic AND Ayton, I would have bet our following year's number one would not have been that high. However, if I was GM, we would not be in the Zion sweepstakes now.

14. Finito

Finito Registered

Honestly I just don’t see it in JJJ he’s nice and all but what’s his ceiling? I think a really good role player I don’t see a star in him nothing about him or his game makes me go wow.

15. Phrazbit

Phrazbit Registered

The only thing about that article I agree with is Bamba's tumble. The hype around him required people not actually watching him play.

The stupidest thing about that article (and there is a lot of stupid) is Porter somehow moving UP... based on what? More debilitating injury news?

I would not be surprised if in 5 years Michael Porter Jr and myself have the exact same amount of NBA seasons with more than say... 30 games played, I would be less surprised if he never even plays a minute in an NBA game.

I don't blame the Nuggets for the pick, they had a good core and swinging for the fences on a mid round pick could put them over the top but back problems don't tend to improve over time, at least in the sense of vertical leap.

Good lord, I didn't even see that they had Kevin Huerter at #10... that website sucks out loud, almost as much as Kevin Huerter. They praise his "team defense"... few lineups in the league were worse on D than lineups featuring him.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019 at 4:07 AM
    Krangthebrain likes this.