2018 1st round pick is Josh Rosen

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
From a clean pocket. Rosen was an 80.9 passer rating. O-Line issues don't seem to be his only problem.

Less than Jackson.
On par with Allen.

No wonder it got horribly worse when he was under pressure.

Can anyone find the version of that graphic above for Goff in his first year? Did he at least show signs of something?

Goff was awful, especially his last game against us. He was benched

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
To say he was measurably worse than Jackson with clean pocket is not reassuring.
Downright turrible especially since Jackson is not a pocket passer. Rosens 40 time was measured on a calendar.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
So the Rosen bashers rant on because they see the shiny new toy(Murray) and got to have it now.Doesn`t matter that there hasn`t been a successful 5`10 QB in the NFl in forever...they still want that new toy because it blips,buzzes and dazzle them with PT Barnum theatrics.:doi:

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

To be fair, if he throws to Fitz, its a TD. Only guy near Fitz is 5 yards behind him. If they connect, its almost a walk in TD.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
To be fair, if he throws to Fitz, its a TD. Only guy near Fitz is 5 yards behind him. If they connect, its almost a walk in TD.
no, the defender that had to cover Fitz already saw that Rosen sidesteped and was to throw to Kirk, if Rosen than would have thrown to Fitz, against his set feets or fast reseted his feets ... that would have really be impressive, but on that play, Fitz was open, when Rosen already had done everything and was set up to throw to Kirk. You can't expect him to see the stoping defender and than reset again and throw to Fitz (another at least half second, that he mabe didn't even have).

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
no, the defender that had to cover Fitz already saw that Rosen sidesteped and was to throw to Kirk, if Rosen than would have thrown to Fitz, against his set feets or fast reseted his feets ... that would have really be impressive, but on that play, Fitz was open, when Rosen already had done everything and was set up to throw to Kirk. You can't expect him to see the stoping defender and than reset again and throw to Fitz (another at least half second, that he mabe didn't even have).

The play was designed to get Fitz open, and he was as four guys were drawn by Kirk. Kirk was the decoy. Rosen threw to the decoy, because Kirk was good enough to get open. That shows the value of Kirk.

But Rosen didn't let the play develop.

There was many times this year stuff like this happened, even when he got decent/good blocking on the play.

Sure there were many times he had no time to let things develop, but so many times I was like, oh this guy was just about to come wide open. Or he didn't see someone wide on the opposite side. He did it a lot.

It turned out to be a good play, but again it was the wrong read as Fitz would have had a TD.

This is where good QB's eat defenses alive. It was there.

If he's our QB going forward, I hope Rosen progresses in this area, and I hope we get him some blocking so he has more chances to.

Last edited:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
The play was designed to get Fitz open, and he was as four guys were drawn by Kirk. Kirk was the decoy. Rosen threw to the decoy, because Kirk was good enough to get open. That shows the value of Kirk.

But Rosen didn't let the play develop.

There was many times this year stuff like this happened, even when he got decent/good blocking on the play.

Sure there were many times he had no time to let things develop, but so many times I was like, oh this guy was just about to come wide open. Or he didn't see someone wide on the opposite side. He did it a lot.

It turned out to be a good play, but again it was the wrong read as Fitz would have had a TD.

This is where good QB's eat defenses alive. It was there.

If he's our QB going forward, I hope Rosen progresses in this area, and I hope we get him some blocking so he has more chances to.

yeah...first he has to be able to trust that he actually has the time to wait for the play to develop.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah...first he has to be able to trust that he actually has the time to wait for the play to develop.

Exactly. His line didn't give him that trust.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

True and false.

It's true he had a crap line and couldn't trust it much of the time, but it's false to say he shouldn't once in a while make those plays even with an utter crap line.

We can't make excuses for him. We can understand the situation and still say he should make that play some of the time.

Again, even with time, I saw way too many times he didn't. Hopefully with better blocking and more experience he will, but that's not a sure thing, and that's the reality. We still need to question why he had a much worse rookie year than say, Matt Leinart.

Hopefully last year was the abberration, but we should note it to see if this sort of behavior continues under better circumstances.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
True and false.

It's true he had a crap line and couldn't trust it much of the time, but it's false to say he shouldn't once in a while make those plays even with an utter crap line.

We can't make excuses for him. We can understand the situation and still say he should make that play some of the time.

Again, even with time, I saw way too many times he didn't. Hopefully with better blocking and more experience he will, but that's not a sure thing, and that's the reality. We still need to question why he had a much worse rookie year than say, Matt Leinart.

Hopefully last year was the abberration, but we should note it to see if this sort of behavior continues under better circumstances.

The situation definitely deserves more observation under better circumstances

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
True and false.

I get this line of thinking, and then I see a bunch of QBs have a solid set of games as rookies, then start to suck as time progresses. The next two years are critical for him.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I don't see Rosen on any rosters this year.

I guess he is done showing teams that they made a mistake by not drafting him?

“There were nine mistakes made ahead of me, and I’m going to make sure, over the next decade or so, that they know they made a mistake,” Rosen said

You must be registered for see images attach

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't see Rosen on any rosters this year.

I guess he is done showing teams that they made a mistake by not drafting him?

“There were nine mistakes made ahead of me, and I’m going to make sure, over the next decade or so, that they know they made a mistake,” Rosen said

You must be registered for see images attach
Man, you had to be extremely bored.