2018-19 Season | Point Guard Discussion

JCSunsfan

Reaction score
Hate to break it to you but I believe the Tyler Johnson trade is the closest we'll come to trading for a PG this deadline.

I know one of the talking heads said they were surprised this deal took so long to materialize because it had been something that both Miami and Phoenix had worked on since December but I don't know if I buy that. I know Tyler Johnson isn't a big name but it seems like every move the Suns make or don't make now has one "insider" saying they knew about it months ago yet they have zero proof they did. If they were truly an insider of some sort then they would have floated the rumor out there, like other deals get talked about, even if they don't happen.
I think lots of discussions go on. Most don't happen.

Hoop Head

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think lots of discussions go on. Most don't happen.

I agree with that but I follow the NBA as a whole and not just the Suns. It seems to be a pattern ever since McD was let go that every Suns move that has happened causes someone to claim they had knowledge of it but they never discussed it previously, despite their job is discussing potential trades they hear about. The Suns seem to have that happen more than most other teams and I'm not sure why. I know we suck but the Bulls, Magic, and Cleveland do also and they get talked about a lot in regards to potential moves that are just adding a bench player.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Earl Watson said yesterday that he is a typical AAU dad, its just that people pay attention to him for some reason.
Ironic since people are paying attention to Earl Watson saying that people are paying attention to Lavar Ball.

Thanks Obama.

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hate to break it to you but I believe the Tyler Johnson trade is the closest we'll come to trading for a PG this deadline.

I know one of the talking heads said they were surprised this deal took so long to materialize because it had been something that both Miami and Phoenix had worked on since December but I don't know if I buy that. I know Tyler Johnson isn't a big name but it seems like every move the Suns make or don't make now has one "insider" saying they knew about it months ago yet they have zero proof they did. If they were truly an insider of some sort then they would have floated the rumor out there, like other deals get talked about, even if they don't happen.

This was the Suns lone trade. I'm good with it. Maybe the Suns will pick up a point guard off waivers.

The huge thing is the Suns did not give up anything valuable on a gamble such as Fultz or Ball.

Phrazbit

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Who cares what Lavar thinks or calls for? Lonzo does not listen to him. No one else should either.

Lonzo hasn't bothered to contradict any of this. He's also already let his dad deprive him of a multi-million dollar shoe deal and his agent is a handpicked Lavar stooge who only represents the Balls.

I think Lavar's cancerous routine is a serious problem in the Laker organization.

1Sun

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Shelvin Mack is being waived by the Hawks. Worth a flyer, in my opinion. Not really NBA starter material, but significantly better than anyone we have at the position.

JCSunsfan

Reaction score
Lonzo hasn't bothered to contradict any of this. He's also already let his dad deprive him of a multi-million dollar shoe deal and his agent is a handpicked Lavar stooge who only represents the Balls.

I think Lavar's cancerous routine is a serious problem in the Laker organization.
The Lakers have bigger problems. Rich Paul, LeBron James, and Magic Johnson.

LaVar is peanuts.

AzStevenCal

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Earl Watson said yesterday that he is a typical AAU dad, its just that people pay attention to him for some reason.

I can't decide whether Watson is really this clueless or if he's spinning it due perhaps to the UCLA connection?

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The addition of Shelvin Mack last summer was one of those small moves that I thought could have helped the Suns.