2017-2018 Draft Prospects watch.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
By the time teams workout/measure Bamba and see his shooting potential he’ll be a top-3 pick.
I have been thinking this might happen. Bamba has been working like crazy since th season ended. He is a saavy young man. He has added significant muscle from the pics. His agility could improve and his stamina.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I have been thinking this might happen. Bamba has been working like crazy since th season ended. He is a saavy young man. He has added significant muscle from the pics. His agility could improve and his stamina.
If all the hard work pays off in game time he could end up being the best player from this draft. I’m impressed with everything he’s doing leading up to he draft, but it makes me wonder where all of this was during the season? Was this a case of a coach inadvertently holding him back?

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If all the hard work pays off in game time he could end up being the best player from this draft. I’m impressed with everything he’s doing leading up to he draft, but it makes me wonder where all of this was during the season? Was this a case of a coach inadvertently holding him back?
He doesn't have to worry about college eligibility now. So he can borrow money from his agent and hire professional trainers to work with him 24/7. Before that, he was at the mercy of the vaunted UT Basketball training and cheerleading squad.

If this is true. He is changing his body and developing his skills, it is really good for the Suns because it gives them another option in the top 4.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
People also forget that Doncic has nearly played an entire year of ball straight through. The Euroleague Final Four into June, Euro Basket at the end of August and into September, and then back into the season. Thats a lot for an 18 year old. He was running on fumes in March/April and got shut down.

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
He’s at least an inch taller and much quicker and has better handles.

Yeah, Curry looks better athletically (laterally and vertically), but Young has some tight handles. I wouldnt say as good as Curry, but not a stretch to think he can get pretty close.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reading some press clippings but there are some very strong hints the Suns want a dominant big man. McDonough is very descriptive how the Suns would use him.

Now the question are the Suns looking to the draft, trade or free agency to find him.

“That ability to adjust really stood out for us,” McDonough said. “Some of the coaches that we met with had a very specific system and style and seemed a bit rigid in our opinion, like they weren’t willing to change their approach. I think if we get a dominant big man Igor will change his approach to fit that. He’s not so set in his ways that’s unwilling to adjust to the talent on the roster.”

“When you start talking about how to use Devin Booker, Josh Jackson and T.J. Warren in those kinds of actions, it got us a little excited,” McDonough added. “They’re three different players with three different skill sets but you can close your eyes and start imagining them in that system with a hard-screening big who can roll to the rim or pop and create more space.”

by Scott Bordow

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...koskov-phoenix-suns-nba-head-coach/607526002/

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting matchup tonight in the Kansas-Texas game. Mo Bamba vs. Udoka Azubuike.

Azubuike has surprisingly little buzz (I think because most of his appeal is just being huge and moving well) but he's shooting 78% on the season!! That's for nearly 16 points per game for Kansas. Will be interesting to see how he handles Bamba and vice versa.

I was going back in time doing some research. Kudos to you for spotting Udoka Azubuike back in 2017.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
They are SUPPOSEDLY supposed to be studying and being students!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose