2016 Rio Olympics

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lochte looks like a major asshat here it was apparently his idea to lie about it and he literally threw the other 3 guys under the bus and fled leaving them to take the fall. Brazil wants Lochte to return and cooperate in the investigation and he apparently is not cooperating.

It's always the coverup

Never trusted Lochte. I've always got a bad vibe from that dude. Doesn't shock me one bit that he would do something like this.

He should be banned from the US team. He is a total embarrassment!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never trusted Lochte. I've always got a bad vibe from that dude. Doesn't shock me one bit that he would do something like this.

He should be banned from the US team. He is a total embarrassment!

He is literally like Bob Knight now when he had to leave Puerto Rico in a hurry before authorities could detain him on possible assault charges at the Pan Am games.

From the sound of it one of the swimmers tried to use the bathroom, late night early morning, it was locked, and rather than go ask for someone to unlock it they started kicking the door and eventually they all pushed hard enough the door broke. Security saw it on the cameras, came over and detained them, but never pointed the gun at them.

Authorities got suspicious when none of their stories matched up and they couldn't find the mysterious taxi cab driver who allegedly would corroborate the story. Then they found out about the bathroom door and that it was all on tape. When they questioned the other 3 they admitted the story was made up to prevent them from getting in trouble.

it's also interesting that Lochte left the country throwing them under the bus, and they in turn have now all apparently said Lochte was the one who had the idea to claim they got robbed, so they're throwing HIM under the bus now.

Total embarassment. I have no idea what the US can and will do, in theory the IOC can strip Lochte of his medals if they want to, some have suggested they could strip teammates of medals too(relays presumably) but I hope they don't.

The Daily Mail apparently has the video the bit I saw you can't really see much but apparently they not only broke the door, they trashed the bathroom and urinated "on the gas station."

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FWIW Lochte's lawyer is still suggesting it was a robbery he's just now saying the security guards robbed them by forcing them to pay extortion money so they wouldn't hold them until the police arrived. And there are conflicting reports that say 2 of the 3 other swimmers admitted making it up but other reports said they were all still somewhat sticking to their stories but had agreed to pay essentially bail to be released so they could leave the country.

In better news Usain Bolt is amazing.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think this is an apology by Lochte, sort of hard to say since he doesn't actually say he made it up.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Carmelo needs to start passing and stop jacking up the ball every time he touches it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I want to get ahead of this:

Twitter is showing the damage caused by the swimmers. Its a plastic sandwich sign that they cracked. $40 value, wound up paying $400 to the owner. People are claiming this is what Lochte meant by "robbery" because they overpaid for the damage.

2 things:

1. This is similar to his 'apology'. Its just him trying to backup and reword his lie by making it seem like a miscommunication.

2. The value of the sign is irrelevant. The damage is all that matters. Why are you going into any place of business and breaking stuff, regardless of value?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm so happy that Klay Thompson showed up today.[emoji2]

Yeah he was bad the last game but from the box very good today.

I have to admit I won't be at all surprised if we lose the gold medal game. I hope we win of course but outside of the Argentina game we have not played very well.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah he was bad the last game but from the box very good today.

I have to admit I won't be at all surprised if we lose the gold medal game. I hope we win of course but outside of the Argentina game we have not played very well.
The men's basketball team better not relax against Serbia. Australia not making it to the gold medal game is shocking.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The men's basketball team better not relax against Serbia. Australia not making it to the gold medal game is shocking.

they picked a perfect time to peak. Huge game from Durant and cousins and Jordan dominated inside.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
they picked a perfect time to peak. Huge game from Durant and cousins and Jordan dominated inside.
With a performance like that, I think Doug Collins hit the nail on the head when he asked "how in the world did Serbia score 90 points on USA."

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With a performance like that, I think Doug Collins hit the nail on the head when he asked "how in the world did Serbia score 90 points on USA."

Yeah I didn't see the first game but sure was much closer.

Interesting minutes distribution, the bottom 2 in minutes played were Harrison Barnes and Draymond Green. Barnes and Derozan were the only 2 guys to not play in every game they each missed one.

I thought Klay played quite well later in the tournament after some struggles early on. Melo looked really old, Derozan was hit or miss but I think Coach K figured out he doesn't play hard on defense and that's why his minutes were limited. With Barnes he's just not that good. With Draymond it was almost no time at the 5, and at the 4 Durant played a lot of minutes, he didn't sit at all in the first half.