2016 Crossfit Games

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Nice. I'll have to DVR this. I love watching bits and pieces of these competitions. These folks are intense. No weaknesses.

OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
24 HOURS AWAY! So excited!

There is a 2 hour Documentary from last years games in case anyone is curious about it. It is on Netflix and Amazon.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice. I'll have to DVR this. I love watching bits and pieces of these competitions. These folks are intense. No weaknesses.

I love how much is it mental as it is physical. One mistake, like last year for Fraser and it can cost you.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
The CrossFit Games are trading gold medals for Glock metal.

The founder of the hugely popular competition, for which Reebok is the title sponsor, recently announced he would give away the pistols to the winners, referring to the plan as "glock for the podium.”

"The top male athlete, the top female athlete, and every member of the winning team will receive a GLOCK pistol," Dave Castro, Director of the CrossFit Games and a former Navy SEAL, wrote in a posting on the Facebook page for the CrossFit Games, along with a flashy video highlighting the popular pistol.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/19/crossfit-games-to-award-glock-pistols-to-winning-athletes.html

OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The CrossFit Games are trading gold medals for Glock metal.

The founder of the hugely popular competition, for which Reebok is the title sponsor, recently announced he would give away the pistols to the winners, referring to the plan as "glock for the podium.”

"The top male athlete, the top female athlete, and every member of the winning team will receive a GLOCK pistol," Dave Castro, Director of the CrossFit Games and a former Navy SEAL, wrote in a posting on the Facebook page for the CrossFit Games, along with a flashy video highlighting the popular pistol.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/19/crossfit-games-to-award-glock-pistols-to-winning-athletes.html

And to put your post in context, Crossfit is very military centric and a lot of the competitors are former military. Today's first workout, the Murph, is named after Michael Murphy. His unit was in the movie Lone Survivor. There are many "Hero WODs" that are names after fallen hero's as well. This is really no surprise and the winners do not have to accept the prize. Now, if they were giving away AR15's that would be a whole other story.

OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today was the real first day of the main individuals events and it was awesome! Mat Frazer appears to be running away with it so far and could actually lock things up before Sunday, while Sara Sigmundsdottir is in second by just 4 points. Since they are both Nike athletes, I am pulling for both since it would be epic to see them win the Reebok Crossfit games.

OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are two events left and there are 5 woman battling to win it all. In the men's side, Mat Fraser has locked it up already, but the battle for 2nd is still on. Also, Fraser is on pace to win by the widest margin ever! Last year running killed him and in running events this year, he has finished 1st, 2nd and 2nd. He really is the fittest man on Earth and it's not even close.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
The games have been fun to watch. I think I'm about 90 minutes in. I had no idea they had to swim. I wish they would have show more footage of it. It's crazy how they crank out rep after rep with such heavy weights.