2016 AZ Rattlers hosting Arenabowl 29 Aug 26th

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
After two dominating playoff victories the Rattlers are hosting the Arenabowl for the first time since 2011 and will be appearing in for the 5th time in the past 6 seasons.

The game will be at Gila River, so c'mon out and enjoy the show.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went last night

Had a football bounce off the hands and into the next row behind me

The arena league is down to eight teams only three have any type of talent

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You would think that some medium sized cities that don't have NFL teams would be more supportive. Teams that aren't huge college towns.
I'd get one into St. Louis, Albuquerque, San Antonio, Little Rock, and anywhere in the east except for Florida. Three of the four eastern teams are in FLA, and all of them are in the NFL towns. Memphis? Louisville? Salt Lake City?

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's crazy too is the Rattlers are the most winningest franchise in Az and not a lot of people even care. Granted, it is a different type of football, but it is very entertaining. I'll be watching the Arena Bowl in hopes of another championship!

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We were at the last Arena Bowl held here. Heartbreaking loss on the final possession. Lost 73-70. :(

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
What's crazy too is the Rattlers are the most winningest franchise in Az and not a lot of people even care. Granted, it is a different type of football, but it is very entertaining. I'll be watching the Arena Bowl in hopes of another championship!

That's also bizarre to me.

Here we are in Phx. One of the most championship starved major cities in the country....and the Rattlers are a dynasty in Arena football.

and no one cares

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's also bizarre to me.

Here we are in Phx. One of the most championship starved major cities in the country....and the Rattlers are a dynasty in Arena football.

and no one cares

Agree! I guess it's because of how different it is to what we are used to with our College FB and NFL. I follow them, but not remotely close as any other Az team. I did watch last weeks game and I will not miss the game in 2 hours!

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Game day!! Wooooooo

i'll be there, anyone else going?

I would if it was at Talking Stick Arena. I am going to a local HS football game at 7, so now I get to see both because of the game time start!:clapping:

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'll be watching. The Rattles are a great team, but they don't get any coverage so I miss their games all the time.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll be watching. The Rattles are a great team, but they don't get any coverage so I miss their games all the time.

True. Dbacks always take over the Fox Sports Az during the season

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Rattles have screwed themselves early... although that fumble return for a TD was extremely questionable.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rattles have screwed themselves early... although that fumble return for a TD was extremely questionable.

Yep! Gamechanger with that call. Should have been a fumble, but placed at the 1 instead of the TD

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
even the fumble was questionable... his shin was down before the ball was out & I couldn't see his other knee/leg.

They're gonna need to play perfect to overcome this & get some turnovers on D

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It didn't help that their Olineman dove at the knees of our best DLine guy & knocked him out on the 2nd play of the game.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The game will be at Gila River, so c'mon out and enjoy the show.

Personally, I feel that the game should have been held where the Rattlers play all year long. Postpone the Mercury game or play that game somewhere else. A championship game should take precedence, IMHO. The 4:00 start time is horrible also. Meh. Still...Go Rattlers !!!

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Rough 1st half, but it could've been worse. We get the ball to start the 2nd half so we can get it within 7 if we score a TD.

I agree on the arena, day & start time... Play the game in prime time on Saturday if Friday isn't available... or even a 7pm start would've been better tonight. The lower bowl of the arena is half empty.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You would think that some medium sized cities that don't have NFL teams would be more supportive. Teams that aren't huge college towns.
I'd get one into St. Louis, Albuquerque, San Antonio, Little Rock, and anywhere in the east except for Florida. Three of the four eastern teams are in FLA, and all of them are in the NFL towns. Memphis? Louisville? Salt Lake City?
AFL has been in a lot of cities but it just won't take hold. They had a team in SLC as recently as 2013. Memphis had the Pharaohs, Nashville had the Kats on 2 different occasions. San Antonio had the Force(only team to ever get shut out). There have been AFL teams in Albany, Las Vegas, Sacramento, San Jose, Iowa, North Jersey, Raleigh-Durham, OKC, Austin, Spokane, Portland, etc. Even Toronto. It isn't that the AFL isn't putting teams in these cities. It's that these places just can't support these teams.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was at the first Soul championship game in 2008 covering it for the now defunct Sportsphan.com. This is the last TD by the Soul in that game a pass to now assistant coach Phil Bogel:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rattlers in the IFL championship game against Sioux Falls. The game will be at 3:00PM today.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Playing well so far except for that 1 kickoff coverage that gave up a TD.

20-7 Rattlers right now at the start of the 2nd qtr.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Btw, the game is live streaming on Youtube on the IFL channel.