2016-17 Around the NBA

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Magic probably thought he was calling George Michael. "Hey George, come on over."

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I think Noel blinks first because of his history with injuries. Playing a season for the qualifying offer would be risky business.

chickenhead

Reaction score
I know almost every fan base bashes the Cleveland fans for burning Lebron jersey's but has any other team ever had to deal with watching the best player in the league leave them high and dry?

He'll be doing it a 2nd time also. I can only think of Durant leaving OKC as a comparison.

I don't bash them for it. Especially for a local, he handled his departure there with as little class as is possible short of actually insulting the city. Honestly, were I a Cavs fan I'd still much rather have won a championship without him.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anyone know what the penalty tampering is? Loss of picks I would assume.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what the penalty tampering is? Loss of picks I would assume.

Tampering would probably draw a fine and possibly the loss of a first round pick if the offense is serious.

For the Lakers, the penalty should be doubled. :cool:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Penalty for tampering should block them from signing the player they tried tampering to get. That would change things if George couldn't sign in LA. I think the last tampering case was Joe Smith in Minnesota and they lost picks, can't recall if they also lost the ability to sign him or not though.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More on the alleged tampering.

Adrian Wojnarowski and Ramona Shelburne
of ESPN reported the investigation centers on potential improper contact between George and Lakers president Magic Johnson. Johnson's appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live in April was pretty blatant wink-wink tampering.

"No, we gonna say hi because we know each other, you just can't say, 'Hey, I want you to come to the Lakers,' even though I'll be wink-winking like you know what that means, right?" Johnson said of winking several times.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...eorge-tampering-and-nerlens-noel-agent-change

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not sure why Noel would hire Rich Paul at this point. He's not getting the max from the Mavs, or anyone this offseason for that matter. I'd be surprised if the Mavs offered him a deal worth 2/3 of the max because with his health history and inconsistency he's not worth the gamble for a team that only had him for 2 months.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Morrii go to trial August 28th. If they're convicted each will get suspended for at least 10 games a piece, possibly more. They also face a suspension for that long if they plead guilty, which I don't see happening since their case has drawn out 2-3 years now. It started back when they were both with Phoenix. Boston isn't hurting to get Marcus on the court but that could hurt Washington a good bit if they lose Markieff for an extended period.

http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/markieff-and-marcus-morris-court-date-set-august-28

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Morrii go to trial August 28th. If they're convicted each will get suspended for at least 10 games a piece, possibly more. They also face a suspension for that long if they plead guilty, which I don't see happening since their case has drawn out 2-3 years now. It started back when they were both with Phoenix. Boston isn't hurting to get Marcus on the court but that could hurt Washington a good bit if they lose Markieff for an extended period.

http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/markieff-and-marcus-morris-court-date-set-august-28

I can't believe this mess still hasn't been resolved.

All along I thought this matter would have been resolved outside the court with a financial settlement with the victim. Sure the case could have still been prosecuted but it would be a harder to get a conviction without the cooperation of the victim.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The AZ judicial system is very slow moving especially with domestic violence cases. Hell, look how long Arpaio's case took and the dude is going to be pardoned by the POTUS because Arpaio was one of his first public supporters.