2016-17 Around the NBA

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
These type of post are just a joke. Some people are so black and white, dude he played amazing in the playoffs the last two years he was flat out breathtaking in the finals this year, but to make him sound like he's just some bum is a joke

Whatever, the stats backup what I'm saying. The Cavs are lousy without LeBron and with Irving on the court. Irving is an awful defender, Irving does not make the players around him better, he is, by his own admission, unwilling to play 2nd fiddle (even to a really unselfish player like LeBron).

Even if my assessment of his contributions is selling him short, my claim of him insisting on being "the man" on a team is accurate. And if Irving is "the man" I don't see how that team is a contender.

And no one has even brought up his habit of missing ~a quarter of the season via injuries.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
For the love of God, no Kevin Love!!!

I'm agnostic on Kyrie.

Him and Booker would be an insanely good offensive backcourt, but an insanely bad defensive one.

Imagine the Suns who were ranked 28th in defense trading Bledsoe for Kyrie. We wouldn't have a chance.

Kyrie is a top-10 pure scorer with the best handles in the league but a poor fit here and probably not good for Booker's development.

Minnesota should trade Wiggins and Teague for Kyrie.

Errntknght

Reaction score
Minnie might be tempted do it, but I think they're better off with Wiggins and Teague. With Kyrie Jimmie Butler is going to very busy on D. He won't have to be so much of scorer and who knows he might like the arrangement.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
For the love of Zeus. The Suns played some competitive ball last year early with OT games. And this With Knight and Len playing bad and no Power forward. I want to see Bled, Warren and Booker play one more year together.

chickenhead

Reaction score
I'd rather see a facilitator at PG, and one who plays a little defense, but I also understand that this doesn't mean Kyrie sucks because he's not that. He made the most important shot in a finals win against a historically great opponent.

It's reported that LeBron is 'devastated' by the trade request. If that's true he probably hasn't told Kyrie he's leaving in 2018. But maybe that's part of the problem. Kyrie was drafted #1 overall in 2011 when LeBron was in Miami. He was probably assured that he would be the cornerstone in Cleveland.

Then LeBron with much fanfare comes back and takes complete control of the organization, the coaching staff, the roster - and now is rumored to leave for the next phase of his empire. Yes it brought a championship, but honestly how fun has it really seemed in Cleveland?

Maybe Kyrie does want to be the man somewhere else, but maybe part of him also wants to be part of a team and not a dictatorship...

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Minnie might be tempted do it, but I think they're better off with Wiggins and Teague. With Kyrie Jimmie Butler is going to very busy on D. He won't have to be so much of scorer and who knows he might like the arrangement.

No way Tom Thibodeau trades for Kyrie.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Every report says it's about wanting to be the focal point and to get out from under lebrons shadow.

I don't know how to take that other than he won't be happy unless he is THE star on a team. And I don't think a team with Irving as its best player contends... hell, I don't think it would even be good.
100 to 1 he's looking at the Portland model. There's no question Dame Lillard is the top dog on that team.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
OKC is predicted to be better with George, but there's no question the #1 guy in OKC is still Westbrook. Throw in a 3rd star with Westbrook STILL #1, and you don't think they could contend?

I think all this speculation about how no team could contend with Irving as the #1 isn't paying attention to some of the rest of the league.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nooooow it comes out why Kyrie wants out.

Well turns out Cleveland tried to trade him to Phoenix, to Indiana and to Chicago lol. just a slap in the face to this guy. You think Lebron didn't know about any of this? Come on now everyone knows he's pulling the strings.

The whole Kyrie wants his own team story was clearly floated by Lebrons people to make him out to be the bad guy.

Good for you Kyrie

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Nooooow it comes out why Kyrie wants out.

Well turns out Cleveland tried to trade him to Phoenix, to Indiana and to Chicago lol. just a slap in the face to this guy. You think Lebron didn't know about any of this? Come on now everyone knows he's pulling the strings.

The whole Kyrie wants his own team story was clearly floated by Lebrons people to make him out to be the bad guy.

Good for you Kyrie

So he wants out because he was in a rumored trade? Man some of these guys are sensitive. Kyrie just had the best year of his career with Lebron.

It'd be more respectable if he wanted his own team rather than being butt hurt about a trade that might've never been real.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It would be pretty funny if Wiggins ended up back in Cleveland. If I'm the Cavs I do that trade in a heartbeat.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So he wants out because he was in a rumored trade? Man some of these guys are sensitive. Kyrie just had the best year of his career with Lebron.

It'd be more respectable if he wanted his own team rather than being butt hurt about a trade that might've never been real.

He's been in multiple rumored trades the team clearly views him as expendable to cater to Lebron. So here is a guy who's done nothing but be a team player and produce for this franchise and they don't value him so why should he want to stay, hell Lebron don't even want to stay

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
He's been in multiple rumored trades the team clearly views him as expendable to cater to Lebron. So here is a guy who's done nothing but be a team player and produce for this franchise and they don't value him so why should he want to stay, hell Lebron don't even want to stay
It's not personal. When you have to call multiple timeouts in the last two minutes of close games to sub in a player who can play defense there is a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's not personal. When you have to call multiple timeouts in the last two minutes of close games to sub in a player who can play defense there is a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank God your not a GM cause you'd probably trade away Steph Curry and a prime Steve Nash looking for this perfect player that doesn't exist

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
LeBron is in charge there. Notice that Kyrie wants to go to teams with established in-charge coaches. He wants a team where one of the players is NOT ruling the roost.

I don't blame him.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
LeBron is in charge there. Notice that Kyrie wants to go to teams with established in-charge coaches. He wants a team where one of the players is NOT ruling the roost.

I don't blame him.

Umm... the Knicks are on his list, they're unquestionably one of the most dysfunctional franchises in the league.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It means he wants to start winning. Fans love tanking, but I am sure players despise it.

Yeah, I'm sure any player who spent more than a season playing for a tanking franchise would say the same thing if they're being honest. He missed the last month and a half or something of the season... not because he was hurt but because the team was trying to lose games for draft position. I get that as a fan, 100%, but I'm sure as a player and a player in the prime of their career... that would freaking suck.

I like Bledsoe, but if next season turns into another tank year then they should trade him, no question.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That was a decent article linked in the tweet that @GatorAZ posted. Bledsoe gives some insight into how he felt about being shutdown, tanking, and the moves the Suns made this last offseason. I think we should try and trade him around the deadline this year, especially if we're at the bottom of the standings again. Bledsoe has grown on me since he's been here and I don't want to see him go but if it doesn't look like we can compete for a playoff spot in the 2018-19 season then we should trade him and get something in return.

Here is a piece of the article/interview with Bledsoe....

At 27, Bledsoe doesn’t fit into the Suns’ youth movement, or #timeline, as it’s been coined on social media. He said he “definitely feels” like an old man among his teammates. Then there was this response when asked what he thought of the Suns’ offseason:

“We got Josh Jackson. James Jones (in the front office). But for the most part, I don’t care,” he said. “Whatever team we have at training I’m going to play my heart out for. I just control what I can control. Getting better every time I step onto the floor.”

Bledsoe reiterated that he was upset when the Suns shut him down for the final 14 games last season. He was playing arguably the best basketball of his career, averaging 21.1 points, 6.3 assists and 4.8 rebounds per game.

“The front office made a decision and I had to live with it,” Bledsoe said. “I wasn’t OK with it, and I don’t know what basketball player would be. I want to compete. We weren’t winning but I still wanted to play with my teammates. But I couldn’t do anything about it.”

Bledsoe said being stuck on the bench “made me even hungrier. It made me even more competitive. That’s the thing in my mind: Try never to get shut down again.”

Like most fans, Bledsoe has been amazed by the player movement in the NBA offseason. He said it’s been “more fun than the Finals.”

He also said this:

“It’s not over.”

http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor.../?hootPostID=38b5c11d41459a1a71b26d43e67acf07

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kyrie for Bledsoe and pieces makes so much sense as long as Kyrie really buys in to be being here. If not, no deal.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson