2015 Arizona High School Football

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A great write up about this years Az high school DI-III football outlook. Can Chandler take down the famous Bishop Gorman this weekend?

With the high school football schedule ramping up this week, I thought is would interesting to take a quick look or a snapshot at the top 10 high school football teams regardless of the division. It will probably change from week to week, but that is the fun of high school football. The state of Arizona has some great teams, some of them are getting national attention. With that in mind here are the top 10 and why.

No. 1 - Chandler - Division I

Chandler is the reigning state champion. Lots of talent here. They have a game on Saturday, which is on ESPN at Las Vegas Bishop Gorman High School, the number 1 team in the nation last year. For Chandler with Chase Lucas running the ball and QB Mason Moran showing why he maybe the best QB in the state, Chandler is ready to show the high school world just why they are the number 1 team in the state.

No. 2 - Chandler Hamilton - Division I

The Huskies defense is better than it was last year. The Huskies have reached the Division I final under coach Steve Belles eight times in nine years. The offense will only get better as RB Jawhar Jordan gets a few games under his belt. Look of the Huskies to put the heat on Chandler again this year.

No 3 - Scottsdale Saguaro - Division II

The Sabercats put a 28 game winning streak on the line with a big showdown against Peoria Centennial on Thursday. Byron Murphy is more than ready for the task at hand. Look for this team to win a lot of games in the trenches.

No. 4 - Centennial - Division I

A 13-12 loss to Long Beach Poly last week may have prepared them for the road ahead. The Long Beach Poly team was a very physical team and Chandler fast. The question now is, can they recover in time to take on a talent-loaded Saguaro team.

No. 5 - Phoenix Brophy Prep - Division I

Brophy had a good defense last year, but seem to be much better this year. The defense this year shut out Sandra Day O' Conner. With QB Cade Knox at the controls, the offense is in good hands. Look for Brophy to make some noise.

No. 6 - Phoenix Mountain Pointe - Division I

The Pride play a big time smash-mouth football. The big line beat up Marcos de Niza 24-12. With a talented offense and the big time line, look for the Pride to put some heat on the Chandler teams. This shows you how good it will be in Division I.

No. 7 - Goodyear Desert Edge - Division III

This is one team that is on a totally different level than the others in Division III. There is a huge gap between Desert Edge and the others after an impressive win over Tucson Catalina Foothills. With a big play QB Thomas Tehran, the offense is off and rolling.

No. 8 - Chandler Basha - Division I

Basha QB Ryan Kelley is an outstanding QB. He make the offense run like a fine tuned machine. He is determined to make Basha a major player in Division I. To compliment him is the way the defense has made an early statement on just how good they are. This has taken a lot of pressure off the QB.

No. 9 - Marana Mountain View - Division II

There are a few unknowns with this team, but with a much improved Justice Summerset, the team is poised and ready to start the season Friday against Avondale La Joya Community. It will be interesting to see if there are any serious contenders to take down Marana Mountain View in Division II.

No. 10 - Paradise Valley - Division III

With an impressive 75-0 win against Tucson Ricon, we will see in two weeks just how good they are against Desert Edge in a very important Division III match up. It should be a very interesting game. Will Paradise Valley be able to contain Desert Edge QB Thomas Tehran. Will the defense rise to the occasion. We will see.

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/arizona-high-school-football-top-10/

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson