2014 Suns Free Agency

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He has range on that sky hook but yeah, he might not be able to take it all the way to the arc. But you only really need to pull one of the big men out of the key to make our system work.

Steve

Simple fix. We should just rehire D'Antoni who I am sure could teach him a 3 point sky hook.

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why not Magic Johnson? He played BOTH point guard AND center.

Uhmm, Magic didn't play point guard. I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere. If Dawkins ever comes out of retirement, Magic is our guy but otherwise I'd rather take Jabbar out of mothballs. He could join our long list of Lakers castoffs.

Steve

HooverDam

Reaction score
Its sounding like Wiggins is now on the table in the Love to Cleveland trade talks.

I've also seen it said that Cleveland might need to rope a 3rd team in to take Varejao's contract.

Would anyone be interested in him in Phx? He's not terrible durable, he's on the wrong side of 30, but he's a good defender and would give the Suns much needed front court beef.

Most importantly, this is the last year of his deal so he wouldn't hurt the Suns going forward.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Its sounding like Wiggins is now on the table in the Love to Cleveland trade talks.

I've also seen it said that Cleveland might need to rope a 3rd team in to take Varejao's contract.

Would anyone be interested in him in Phx? He's not terrible durable, he's on the wrong side of 30, but he's a good defender and would give the Suns much needed front court beef.

Most importantly, this is the last year of his deal so he wouldn't hurt the Suns going forward.

IMO Verichow would be a nice addition. He'd be able to defend bullies like Randolph and give the Suns a spine.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Like the player.
He doesn't fit the system.

What he does, he does well.
If the Suns felt they needed Varejao's skills we'd grab a guy with his skill-set and keep him on the team for years to compliment the other guys. The Suns like to settle for lower skilled, bargain basement versions of Varejao as an afterthought.

Like Chiunit said though, LBJ and Vareajo are close friends. I think they'd like to keep him in Cleveland this season.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I never called anyone out.

I'll repeat your phrase to which I reacted. The one I highlighted on my response.

It must really suck to be a Suns fan for you. I fail to see why you and some others here bother? Is this really entertaining for you? I'm not trying to be an ass, I probably am, but it isn't my intent. I honestly don't understand what fans such as yourself get out of it?
Imagine if I posted that kind of comment from Phoenix about the Blazers on an Oregon Sports Fans Network. Telling a fan in Portland to shut up about his hometown team from over 1,300 miles away.

You must have known it was going to elicit a defensive response. You throw the bomb, you can't pretend to be surprised it exploded.

"...suck to be a Suns fan for you." "...why you and some others here bother." "...what fans such as yourself get out of it." Ouch! :)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Philly is the only other team out there that could even offer the max. All the other teams have less than 12M$ caproom.

I was listening sports radio and I believe Chris Broussard said only the Rockets could offer Bledsoe a max contract, not that they they would. The Bucks could offer him something less.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I was listening sports radio and I believe Chris Broussard said only the Rockets could offer Bledsoe a max contract, not that they they would. The Bucks could offer him something less.

Did he say "only" as in the only team that CAN offer him a max contract? Because that is not only stupid, but not even true.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did he say "only" as in the only team that CAN offer him a max contract? Because that is not only stupid, but not even true.

I believed he only mentioned two teams, Houston and the Bucks. However, I hate to put anything in concrete because I was partially occupied at the time.

FutureSuperstar

Veteran
Reaction score
On Varejao coming here - It looks good "on paper" and compared to how the Suns centers played last season (Len), he would help - But that was last season ... Going after Varejao would be similar to keeping Gortat last year because of how Plumlee played the previous year - It is a move that will probably be pointless, besides being "safe" by having the "proven" center

The Suns moved Gortat last year because Plumlee impressed during the summer ... I think the Suns have great faith in Len to break-out like Plumlee did last year. They see him working every day during the offseason - If he's making progress, going after a proven center wouldn't help - if he's not improving and still doesn't look ready in scrimmages, then maybe they'll go after another rotation big guy.

Whatever move they make in the coming weeks to go after a "proven" center or stick w/ Len as the backup will be the right move probably because they know more about Len's improvement than everybody else. From everything I've read and given Len's apparent improvement in his 1 summer league, I think the Suns like what they see and want to stick w/ him though.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently we offered Bledsoe 4/48, but he is asking for 5/80!!!!

If the Suns could get a reasonable sign and trade for Bledsoe I would be more than pleased to let him go. I'm not sure he will be ever a happy camper with the Suns. I hope I do not earn a label for being negative for voicing my opinion.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Are you saying Suns fans should cheer making no big moves or overpaying for talent? I could understand your examples if they were things they shouldn't complain about. Seems like those are legit reasons?!?

I agree with you though. Willing to give the FO the benefit of the doubt for now. I still think some of these recent moves possibly point to another move they are trying to make.

No. I'm saying that some people aren't happy, no matter what. Some people just complain because they like complaining.

Suns don't overpay for mediocre talent? Complain that the Suns aren't making moves to try to win.

Suns overpay for mediocre talent? Complain that the Suns are throwing their money away.

There is the other extreme to that as well. These people are known as sunshine pumpers. Myself? I'm pretty much in the middle I Guess.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
This part agrees with what Chris Broussard said.

It's not a surprise that he wants a maximum contract -- if the likes of Gordon Hayward can get one, he has to feel that he is at least as deserving. What's surprising is that the Suns went into this, apparently, thinking that $48M/4yrs would be taken at all seriously. I wonder what their backup plan is.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
If Bledsoe is looking for 5/80 he is insane.

Also:

You must be registered for see images

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson