2014 Suns Free Agency

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Well, sure, except for me. And I'm not telling you guys nothing.
If you're not telling us nothing . . . then you must be telling us something. :)

BTW, I know you're using double negatives for emphasis. Good shot!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I believe this, PHX has long had an interest in Hayward. Plan A is Lebron & Anthony but reality will be lower tier FA's like Hayward, Hill, Hawes, Deng, Monroe, etc.

I think the Suns came out with a mission statement that they are going to set their sights high. However, the real game changer is Lebron and I think he stays in Miami. I will be happy if the Suns can land a couple of good players in free agency so long as they don't overspend money or assets. I think what happens with Bledsoe will be a more than interesting.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you're not telling us nothing . . . then you must be telling us something. :)

BTW, I know you're using double negatives for emphasis. Good shot!

Yep, All I Know (Garfunkel).

Steve

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If I was LeBron, I wouldn't leave the East where I am guaranteed a Finals appearance every season to come to the West when I have to compete with teams like SAS, OKC, LAC, HOU, GS and the up and coming Pelicans on a daily basis and the playoffs.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
P.S.: If LeBron decided this year to get Carmelo to join him as they join his buddy Bledsoe in Phoenix (as much as I would like to see a Championship for my team and my city), I'd say tell all three of them to go F themselves.

Does that answer your question?

And what would you do if that team won the title?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, sure, except for me. And I'm not telling you guys nothing.

You're right though, we start calling these things reports but twenty years ago they wouldn't even have qualified as rumors. Yet in today's world, one journalist after the other will start passing these tidbits on as if they actually had merit. Throw enough rumors against the wall and one of them will stick but most of these are just flights of fancy.

Steve

I can't wait for the games to begin tomorrow night at 9 PM, Phoenix time. It will be interesting to see what the Suns backup options are.

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
John Gambadoro @Gambo987 · 4h

Suns won't be romancing Lebron no need for a parade. Here's roster it's young and deep and offers you excellent chance to win.

Lebron can pick Carmelo or Bosh and Suns will also have above cap mid level so they can add another good player of Lebrons choosing.

Suns will make contact July 1st but if they don't hear back in 24-48 hour window will move on to other free agents.

Suns roster could include Lebron, Carmelo or Bosh plus possibly Ray Allen and Mike Miller and holdovers Plumlee, Tucker, Bledsoe, Dragic

https://twitter.com/Gambo987

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I was LeBron, I wouldn't leave the East where I am guaranteed a Finals appearance every season to come to the West when I have to compete with teams like SAS, OKC, LAC, HOU, GS and the up and coming Pelicans on a daily basis and the playoffs.

If I were Lebron, I wouldn't leave Miami where I have just made 4 straight trips to the Finals. But I wouldn't worry about playing in the West, it didn't keep San Antonio from winning a championship.

Steve

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Suns will make contact July 1st but if they don't hear back in 24-48 hour window will move on to other free agents.

This is so Steve Keim and Bruce Arians of the Arizona Cardinals.

I like.

https://twitter.com/Gambo987

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If I were Lebron, I wouldn't leave Miami where I have just made 4 straight trips to the Finals. But I wouldn't worry about playing in the West, it didn't keep San Antonio from winning a championship.

Steve

Yea but you can't deny its much easier in the West. And even the Spurs needed a team with incredible depth and brilliant coaching to keep them from exhaustion deep in the playoffs. Same with Dallas back when they won.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jody Genessy: The Phoenix Suns are expected to make Gordon Hayward a significant offer, possibly a max deal, but Utah Jazz will match, per sources. Twitter @DJJazzyJody

wtf McD!!!

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score

Well since the scenario described doesn't include a "traditional" bulky center laying waste in the paint, he'd refuse to recognize the title. We already know that.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't get adding another wing with Hayward. Is he that much of an upgrade over Green? He only averaged 16.2 ppg last season on a horrible Utah team.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I don't get adding another wing with Hayward. Is he that much of an upgrade over Green? He only averaged 16.2 ppg last season on a horrible Utah team.

I don't get it either, but nobody knows Hayward better than Hornacek. Perhaps he sees something we don't? :shrug:

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He is only 24. Maybe Hornacek sees unrealized potential.

That and it's only one tweet by some random person in the media. It may be completely speculation. I wouldn't worry about it. I personally like him, but not at a max or huge salary.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score

yeah, this is what I was saying in my first post in this thread. It's going to take something really, really special to get any of these big stars with championship aspirations to come to the Western Conference. Every team that made the playoffs this year & the Phoenix Suns would have challenged for one of the top two seeds last year on an Eastern Conference schedule. This is really the most lopsided I can remember the conferences being.

I doubt we even get a meeting with LeBron James. I don't think that has anything to do with Sarver. It's the Western Conference and that our roster would not be a perfect fit for James/Anthony. James/Bosh makes a whole lot more sense given the roster they would be joining here.

I was just looking at the salary situation for the Phoenix Suns this upcoming season and it just sucks to see Michael Beasley on there for $6.25 million. I'm just embarrassed by that. The $6.25 million in space under the cap sure would be nice also.

Jody Genessy: The Phoenix Suns are expected to make Gordon Hayward a significant offer, possibly a max deal, but Utah Jazz will match, per sources. Twitter @DJJazzyJody

I'd be sick if they offered Hayward anything that the Utah Jazz wouldn't match right away.

Joe

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Like Jerry Colangelo (who is a year-and-a-quarter older than I and with whom I go back almost all the way as a Suns fan), I'd be lightly clapping on the outside and crying on the inside. :D :D

If you expect a serious answer, I can't give you one. Just like Yankee fans who rooted for Roger Maris to break Ruth's record (because the manager batted him in front of Mantle rather than behind him), but hated him for doing it.

Mixed emotions! Like if your next door neighbor took you for a ride in his new Lamborghini and you knew he swindled his company for the money to do it.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not sure we as fans are thinking this Lebron James thing through because netting James means...

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
yeah, this is what I was saying in my first post in this thread. It's going to take something really, really special to get any of these big stars with championship aspirations to come to the Western Conference. Every team that made the playoffs this year & the Phoenix Suns would have challenged for one of the top two seeds last year on an Eastern Conference schedule. This is really the most lopsided I can remember the conferences being.

I doubt we even get a meeting with LeBron James. I don't think that has anything to do with Sarver. It's the Western Conference and that our roster would not be a perfect fit for James/Anthony. James/Bosh makes a whole lot more sense given the roster they would be joining here.

I was just looking at the salary situation for the Phoenix Suns this upcoming season and it just sucks to see Michael Beasley on there for $6.25 million. I'm just embarrassed by that. The $6.25 million in space under the cap sure would be nice also.

I'd be sick if they offered Hayward anything that the Utah Jazz wouldn't match right away.

Joe

They were able to reduce Beasley's salary some when they agreed to the buyout, but still even around $4m is just awful.

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not sure we as fans are thinking this Lebron James thing through because netting James means...

That's what I said at the beginning of the thread. We would see 1000 of him here and we'd all have to leave.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's what I said at the beginning of the thread. We would see 1000 of him here and we'd all have to leave.

Remember when Penny came here and all of the delusional fans he brought with him. Lebron would be 10 times worse, but I would learn to cope.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Not sure where you were looking but that number is way off. With the buyout and the way the Suns structured stretching his salary Beasley is only on the books for $770k for each of the next 3 years.

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Remember when Penny came here and all of the delusional fans he brought with him. Lebron would be 10 times worse, but I would learn to cope.

I don't know if I could cope. I think I would have to leave, but getting Lebron would be worth it. I'd be like that guy who lived down the street, went into the military or off to college and then came back years later. :) I couldn't deal with him. I could never deal with a bunch of him.