2014 Suns Free Agency

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by sunsfan88, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

Let's see how all this plays out without the Suns using sleight of hand. I'm not holding by breath. I still think the Suns are playing against a stacked deck in Miami.

2. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

nice way to completely duck the question. so, I'll simply ask again. If this LeBron and Melo or LeBron and Bosh decided to come to Phoenix together, would you be for it or against it?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
  3. Mainstreet

I believe in playing by the rules. The Suns plan to pay Lebron, Wade or Melo their fair market value without trying to manipulate the system. So I say yes, the Suns are doing it the right way.

4. KloD

KloD Registered

Jesus, get over yourself. We get it. I don't see a GM offering max contracts to two top players as the same thing. They are not trying to stack the deck in the same way. You see it that way, I disagree. I don't have issue with Houston making trades and recruiting. I don't have issue with S.A. players taking less as they are past their prime and were all drafted by the team. The Suns have been built by making trades and drafting. If they are able to recruit a top player or two to add to that, great. You can say it's the same, I think many of us will disagree. It's not a bunch of top players taking far less than their value in order to stack the deck against league. But go on and criticize others because they don't like that method and don't want the league to turn into 1 team of all the top players taking much lower salaries in order to stack the deck and kill any chance of competition.

5. JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan Registered User

Please forgive me if this has been posted already

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/233992/Suns-Plan-Aggressive-Pursuit-For-LeBron-James

The Phoenix Suns are planning an aggressive pursuit of LeBron James when free agency begins on Tuesday.

The Suns have the ability to offer two full max contract slots, plus a roster with talented young players.

James has privately expressed a desire to play with Carmelo Anthony, which the Suns can offer without gutting a roster or asking the players to accept a reduction in pay.

This was a leak on purpose press release from the Suns. It was a shot over the bow for Miami and others. If you are going to go for this, you might as well go big. Make all the press ask LeBron and Melo. Make them think about it. Let Bledsoe make his case. I am not all that much for Melo, but I want LeBron.

Oh, and by the way. If the Suns can get LeBron and Melo, do ya think that Kevin Love might rethink the Suns?

It probably won't happen, but they are going for it, and it will be fun to watch.

6. 95pro

95pro Registered

The guy is the opposite of our team play. He's a known ball stopper and offensive flow killer. Sure he gets points and boards but he's not conducive to team play. How many touches does he need to get 'his'? I'm sure I don't want him here.

7. cheesebeef

you're a total hypcorite. There's nothing in the rules that says guys can take a little less money so they can play on a better team. Literally NOTHING. in fact, guys who take a little less money to win a title are universally LAUDED to do so.

8. cheesebeef

sorry, but there's no difference between LeBron/Melo or LeBron/Bosh deciding to stack the deck with a much better Phoenix team now, then there is Lebron/Bosh trying to stack the deck with Wade on a much worse Miami team then. Twist yourself in knots trying to justify your hypocrisy, but that's all your doing.

9. Mainstreet

I think you have crossed the line. I don't appreciate name calling.

10. cheesebeef

okay...then answer me this question that you didn't answer in the other thread. Were you up in arms when the Suns paid AC Green and Danny Manning WAYYYYY below their market value (with secret promises to give them a bigger contract the next season) back in the day when we were one of the Haves in the league to specfifically manipulate the system? Did you call for the rules to be changed back then?

11. KloD

KloD Registered

Jody Genessy: The Phoenix Suns are expected to make Gordon Hayward a significant offer, possibly a max deal, but Utah Jazz will match, per sources. Twitter @DJJazzyJody

12. cheesebeef

okay. I apologize, but i do think what you said in the other thread completely goes against what you're saying here.

13. cheesebeef

I will vomit.

14. Mainstreet

Interesting. I wonder how this fits with the Suns going after Lebron and another player of his choice?

15. KloD

KloD Registered

Well, several of us disagree. I'm not trying to justify anything, to myself, others, or you. I see a difference. According to you signing any 2 top free agents to a team at their market value is the same as what many suspect is going on in Miami. Great! You win, feel better now?