2012 UEFA Euro Cup Thread

OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
For the sakes of enjoyable football, I'm hoping Italy wins on Sunday.

Spain has been a major snoozefest this year.

Pirlo has probably been the best player this tournament, Spain has yet to put anything great offensively (outside of the Ireland game) and they will struggle with Italy's Top D.

FORZA AZZURRI!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Italy ousts Germany. WOW

I'll go out on a limb and say Spain will easily win the tournament.

Wow is right. And I don't see why you'd then turn around and underestimate Italy yet again. They're on fire right now, and Spain has been advancing by the skin of their teeth. I'm not sure who will win, but it should be entertaining.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Wow is right. And I don't see why you'd then turn around and underestimate Italy yet again. They're on fire right now, and Spain has been advancing by the skin of their teeth. I'm not sure who will win, but it should be entertaining.

Regardless of how much of a yawnfest Spain has been, they always seem to play just a tiny bit better than their opponents, whether it's a bottom-of-the-rung team or a top of the heap team. This will be no different.

Will be interesting to see which way they go with Fabregas or Torres up front.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Regardless of how much of a yawnfest Spain has been, they always seem to play just a tiny bit better than their opponents, whether it's a bottom-of-the-rung team or a top of the heap team. This will be no different.

I hope that it is Llorente.

Stout

Reaction score

Winning on penalties is not playing better than their opponents; it's riding a tie into penalties. I didn't see the game, but it doesn't matter how much passing they did and how much possession they had. If they can't finish, they stand a good chance of losing.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Winning on penalties is not playing better than their opponents; it's riding a tie into penalties. I didn't see the game, but it doesn't matter how much passing they did and how much possession they had. If they can't finish, they stand a good chance of losing.

We disagree. We can just leave it at that.

Reaction score
Tomorrow is the Euro 2012 final and Upper Deck is THE spot in old town to watch the game. $3 bud light drafts, $4 corona bottles" $5 meatball subs, $5 nachos, shot specials all game long. Doors open at 10am. Get here early to get a good seat.

4224 N Craftsman Court in Old Town Scottsdale

CardEd

Registered
Reaction score
Tomorrow is the Euro 2012 final and Upper Deck is THE spot in old town to watch the game. $3 bud light drafts, $4 corona bottles" $5 meatball subs, $5 nachos, shot specials all game long. Doors open at 10am. Get here early to get a good seat.

4224 N Craftsman Court in Old Town Scottsdale

Upperdeck SG is not known as a soccer bar in the phx area. Must be since it's on ESPN.

Stout

Reaction score
Then again, Spain could just walk all over Italy :)

Man, that was gut-wrenching to watch. I don't think they'd have won anyway, but having to make an injury sub early and having their third sub go down almost immediately, Italy didn't have a shot..

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then again, Spain could just walk all over Italy :)

Man, that was gut-wrenching to watch. I don't think they'd have won anyway, but having to make an injury sub early and having their third sub go down almost immediately, Italy didn't have a shot..

Sure was. I felt sorry for Italy after the 3rd goal. Glad to see Spain win, because I love the way that they play.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
crazy that Torres won the golden boot.

OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Xavi and Javi are insane. Pirlo was still best in tourney but Iniesta ain't exactly an upset pick.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose