2012 St Louis Rams thread

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Whooosh
anybody else hear that sound? Thats the sound of the Rams speeding by the Seahawks for second place in the division. Now hurry up and go get a QB so this rivalry can come back to life!
Once again nice signings.
You must be registered for see images attach

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
As a Rams fan, we're still third place in the division. Cook is good but who else is Bradford going to throw to?

OP
OP
mojorizen7

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
As a Rams fan, we're still third place in the division. Cook is good but who else is Bradford going to throw to?
Chris Givens. I think he has a breakout season after a solid rookie year. Kendricks all of a sudden becomes a nice option as a #2 TE/H back with the signing of Cook.

Also,FA not over yet,and they're in an enviable position on draft day with 4 picks among the first 78 slots.WR will be addressed.

I'm more concerned with the protection up front. Signing Jake Long to a fat deal scares me. He's been pretty average the last couple seasons. I'd rather have seen them go after Phil Loadholt in Minnesota. Fisher has never drafted an OLineman in the first rd,and i dont think that'll change,especially if Long is brought in.

The Rams NEED to find a way to get Tavon Austin in horns bro,that would solve a few problems. Mr All Word slot magician guy Amendola is gone so there's a hole there,he adds more speed to a relatively slow offense, and he immediately would significantly upgrade our crappy return game on ST's.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
yeah not buying it.
Seahawks are becoming the Washington Redskins of the West, and racing everybody to Salary Cap Hell.
I'll be worried when Seattle brings in a real coach.
Fisher >>>>>>>> Carroll

OP
OP
mojorizen7

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Rams fan here, too. Excited about the Rams for 2013. Tavon is our future.

Lomax to Green, Wow that's old school. Busch stadium. Nice. I was still watching the football Rams in L.A. at that time to be honest ;)

I'm pretty pumped up for 2013 too. The offense will be closer to legit and the D is already strong. I still think we're a year away from truly owning the division,but we won't finish last in the West again for awhile.

Ownership,mgmt,head coach,talent on the field...its fully functional again. :)

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Lomax to Green, Wow that's old school. Busch stadium. Nice. I was still watching the football Rams in L.A. at that time to be honest ;)

I'm pretty pumped up for 2013 too. The offense will be closer to legit and the D is already strong. I still think we're a year away from truly owning the division,but we won't finish last in the West again for awhile.

Sounds like my impressions of the Cards. Problem is; Seattle and SF don't look ready for a downward trend anytime soon, which makes rebuilding for STL and AZ a bit difficult. The only glimmer of hope I see is I'm still not sold on Pete Carrol as a quality head coach. If one of SF or SEA were to somehow not make the playoffs this season, mass hysteria would ensue in the media.

Competition amongst the four teams ought to be interesting for the next few years.

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Ok, I honestly did not have high expectations for this season and have believed all along that expecting the team to make huge progress this year is silly and unrealistic. That said, I did expect more than what we're seeing to date. They are looking awful in every way.

The positive is they will have some nice drafting position next year and with Washington also looking bad, the Rams should get some very good talent in the 1st round next draft.

I like most of the draft picks over the past few years, but I'm soured on Pead. I like all the receivers other than the constant drops, but I do think they have a nice group that will grow. Tavon will be a great weapon once the others become a threat. The running back situation is awful. I was never high on Jackson. I liked him, but I've always felt he was over rated. I'm hoping they can find someone in this next draft to fill that role. I've supported Bradford all along and the kid can throw, but his ability to see the field is not very good. He seems to constantly pick one or two routes to focus on and seems to miss seeing open receivers on a regular basis.

Even though I didn't expect the team to finish much better than .500, I am disappointed so far as they seem to have taken a step back. Last in the division isn't unrealistic.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sooo, needing the whole game to beat Jax, is a bit worse than needing the whole game for the Cards to beat TB with Mike Glennon?