2012-2013 Champions League Draw

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Yes he is, name someone better. Though no surprise coming from you.

I'll emphasize, easily best LW in the world.

Gareth Bale, off the top of my head.

I don't know what anybody debates with you about Bayern Munich--you're the ultimate fanboy for that team.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Gareth Bale is not better than Ribery and most importantly has had his success this season playing in the centre and not on the wing but go on.
I don't know why I still debate with you because you obviously have not much idea bout soccer, especially outside of what you see on ESPN or whatever.

And most importantly you said "Ribery is nowhere near ", you are a fool. Other than Messi there is no player in the world that is is far better than Ribery.

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Gareth Bale is not better than Ribery and most importantly has had his success this season playing in the centre and not on the wing but go on.
I don't know why I still debate with you because you obviously have not much idea bout soccer, especially outside of what you see on ESPN or whatever.

And most importantly you said "Ribery is nowhere near ", you are a fool. Other than Messi there is no player in the world that is is far better than Ribery.

Cristiano Ronaldo? Are you seriously saying that Ribery is better than Ronaldo? Or Neymar? Or Van Persie?

But ok, since I don't know anything about soccer, I guess I'm an idiot. At least I don't slobber over one team regardless of any refuting evidence to support a differing opinion.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Cristiano Ronaldo? Are you seriously saying that Ribery is better than Ronaldo? Or Neymar? Or Van Persie?

But ok, since I don't know anything about soccer, I guess I'm an idiot. At least I don't slobber over one team regardless of any refuting evidence to support a differing opinion.

Bringing up Neymar shows how ignorant you truly are, Neymar has no business being mentioned among the top players at any position yet.

As is bringing up Van Persie, who is a very good player but absolutely not clearly better than Ribery. Bayern Munich could have sold Ribery for 80M Euros to Real Madrid that is fact. Tell me when Bale, Neymar or Van Persie command such fees.

And Ronaldo is more of a media fascination. Overrated beyond believe because he is Messi's rival. Truth is Ronaldo disappears more often than not in big games. He is a great goal scorer but other than that Ribery is at least as good as Ronaldo in fact Ribery is a much better teamplayer, dribbler, creator, passer and other than Ronaldo also works on defense. I was expecting you to say Ronaldo right away but Ronaldo is not clearly better than Ribery. They are more or less the same level and clearly behind Messi both.

http://www.whoscored.com/Statistics

not a big fan of the site and the computer rating but just to prove my point, guess who is the 2nd highest rated player in the world according to their metrics after Messi and ahead of Ronaldo? Oh right it is Ribery but yes obviously he is not even nowhere near the best left wing in the world.

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ribery isn't half the player that Ronaldo is. Geez man, you've lost it.

Ronaldo is the best LW in the world, because that is the position he chooses to play. Call him a ST/CF all you want, but LW is where he plays for club and country.

That same stat website shows Stefan Kießling as the 4th best player in the world. Take it with a grain of salt.

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

Ronaldo is the best LW in the world, because that is the position he chooses to play. Call him a ST/CF all you want, but LW is where he plays for club and country.

That same stat website shows Stefan Kießling as the 4th best player in the world. Take it with a grain of salt.

And Diego as 6th. This is a guy that couldn't keep a place at Juventus and is on a German team that is sitting in 11th place in the Bundesliga.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

This.

Also,
I love me some Hulk.

Bale & Ronaldo are the only two I have above Frank.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
What a day for German football. What a breathtaking final game.

And for Robben to get the clincher. What a nice moment for him. He was so fit... so fast.... and so determined today.

That German football team is gonna be legit for a while.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
And Diego as 6th. This is a guy that couldn't keep a place at Juventus and is on a German team that is sitting in 11th place in the Bundesliga.

And Diego had a brilliant season regardless as did Kießling being top scorer in the currently best league in the world.

But you and dreamcastrocks having no clue is no surprise. Ronaldo being twice as good as Ribery is a joke. Call me back when Ronadlo does not disappear in a big game against Bayern or Germany because Lahm had him in his pocket everytime.
And try to teach Ronaldo to work defensively like Ribery and Robben learned to.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And Diego had a brilliant season regardless as did Kießling being top scorer in the currently best league in the world.

But you and dreamcastrocks having no clue is no surprise. Ronaldo being twice as good as Ribery is a joke. Call me back when Ronadlo does not disappear in a big game against Bayern or Germany because Lahm had him in his pocket everytime.
And try to teach Ronaldo to work defensively like Ribery and Robben learned to.

Yawn.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Barcelona
Man United
Athletico
PSG
Chelsea
Real Madrid
Dortmund
Bayern

Some good matchups!

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Wanna know how good Barcelona is?

They were down 2-0 after 15 minutes in a league game this morning. Then in the final 9 minutes of the half, Pedro scores a hat trick. In 9 minutes. 3-2 Barca at halftime.

Unbelievable. And with no Messi. Man City should be paying attention. Of course, Getafe is no Man City, but still.

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wanna know how good Barcelona is?

They were down 2-0 after 15 minutes in a league game this morning. Then in the final 9 minutes of the half, Pedro scores a hat trick. In 9 minutes. 3-2 Barca at halftime.

Unbelievable. And with no Messi. Man City should be paying attention. Of course, Getafe is no Man City, but still.

Speaks more about how poor La Liga is outside of the the top 3 this year. Which i suppose its better than the usual top 2.

City have been the best (since they have beaten more tougher teams) in the prem this year. I hope they can pull off the upset.

Poor Gooners, it seems like they always get Bayern. Hoping for the upset there as well.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaks more about how poor La Liga is outside of the the top 3 this year. Which i suppose its better than the usual top 2.

City have been the best (since they have beaten more tougher teams) in the prem this year. I hope they can pull off the upset.

Poor Gooners, it seems like they always get Bayern. Hoping for the upset there as well.

La Liga is bad parity wise, but the Bundesliga has been just as bad for the past 10-15 years. The German teams had a great year last year, but Dortmund almost didn't make the semi finals.

La Liga would be much, much better if the teams were more financially stable and didn't have to sell their best players time and time again to keep float. It would help if they (everyone besides RM and Barca) could get a better share of the TV deals like they do in the NFL and England as well.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
La Liga is bad parity wise, but the Bundesliga has been just as bad for the past 10-15 years. The German teams had a great year last year, but Dortmund almost didn't make the semi finals.

La Liga would be much, much better if the teams were more financially stable and didn't have to sell their best players time and time again to keep float. It would help if they (everyone besides RM and Barca) could get a better share of the TV deals like they do in the NFL and England as well.

bwahahaha

The Bundesliga had more different champions than any other top league maybe you should verify what you are talking about before talking non-sense.

Bundesliga since 98
Number of different champions: 6
since 2005: 4

Spanish League since 98
Number of different champions: 4
since 2005: 2

Premier Leauge since 98
Number of different champions: 4 (thanks to City otherwise it would have been just 3 still)
since 2005: 3

Serie A since 98
Number of different champions: 5
since 2005: 3

Last edited:

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Primera Division top 6 in the last10 years : 18 different clubs
Bundesliga top 6 in the last 10 years : 16 different clubs
Premier League top 6 in the last 10 years : 11 different clubs

The Premier league is the anti-thesis of parity. Of all top leagues it has among the least fluctuation at the top and the least fluctuation in the 2nd tier too.
The Spanish league has no fluctuation at the top but as much parity as any other league in the next tier.

The Bundesliga has parity in all tiers.

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The Bundesliga has parity in all tiers.

You don't actually still believe that do you? Starting from last year, there is even less parity in the Bundesliga now than in La Liga. At least La Liga is a 3-team race. The Bundesliga isn't even competitive at the top anymore.

I used to like Bayern Munich, but it surprisingly isn't much fun when your team is completely blah to watch because they just wipe the field with everyone.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
How do you know that the Bundesliga has no parity? The Mario Goetze transfer.

Bayern taking Goetze would be like Real Madrid taking Inesta or Xavi from Barca. Or Man U taking Yaya Toure from Man City.

Dortmund just placed 2nd in the Champions league, finished 2012 at the top of the table and just finished 2nd in 2013, yet they STILL can't compete with Bayern. AND DORTMUND IS STILL THE SECOND BEST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE!

Slin....You are an unabashed German soccer homer. You make me laugh every time you try and justify/defend yourself to us.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Götze had a release clause.

Van Persie went from Arsenal to ManUtd despite no clause.

Love arguing with you soccer pro's. The numbers I presented you above speak for itself.
The Bundesliga has way more parity, numbers prove it.

Bayern won only 2 championships in the last 5 years and 3 in the last 7 so much for no parity at the top. Please get your facts straight and stop crying because Bayern is clearly the best team in the world right now. They would run the table in England as well.

Manchester United won 5 of the last 7 premier league championships and you want to talk about parity at the top that is why nobody can take you people serious. You are obviously not in touch with European football.

Last edited:

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Van Persie went from Arsenal to ManUtd despite no clause.
I specifically went with #2 losing a top player to the #1 club.

P.S. I love watching Bayern..... But laugh at the blinders you are wearing.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose