2011 San Fransisco 49er Thread - Loooong season ahead.....

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
well he's played against 2 tough defenses the last 2 sundays. the bengals strenght of their team is their defense, their d-line in particular.
yeah...and now he faces the eagles defense.:(with Frank Gore off to a slow to start...Alex has been the bright spot of the offense.imo

yes the 49ers have a solid front 7 too...very stout. but they folded too easily to the cowboys last week in the 4th. I would be concerned when they face an elite passing team.
Im always concerned about the pass defense..because the 49ers have a habit of letting QBs have really good games through the air.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Out of the 4 divisional teams.....the only team i honestly dont have a pulse on (thru the first 3 weeks) is your 49ers Ronin....

is your defense really THAT GOOD? Or is it a mirage?

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Out of the 4 divisional teams.....the only team i honestly dont have a pulse on (thru the first 3 weeks) is your 49ers Ronin....

First off before I get started let me say Franklin... who? Clements... who? Lawson..who?:D

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Other than that this offensive line can't run or pass block...I honestly don't know what to think of this team either.
is your defense really THAT GOOD? Or is it a mirage?[/quote]
Really hard to tell...49ers D stopped the Cowboys offense for most of the first half...then the cowboys made adjustments and blew up the 49ers D in the second half.

*I used the cowboys offense as an example because that is the only good offense that the 49ers D has played so far.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Other than that this offensive line can't run or pass block...I honestly don't know what to think of this team either.
Realit is hard to tell as well. the defensive front impressed me vs dallas throughout the entire game. they stopped the run and constantly pressure the qb. the cowboys on the other hand are playing with a new offensive line that will take time to gel. so the true test for the 49ers will come when they play a good offensive line.

the secondary did not. the cowboys made adjustments at halftime/3rd quarter...it was called a painkiller lol. otherwise I think the cowboys would have won by more points had tony not been injured.

the 49ers offense is limited and likely always will be with smith at qb. unless he makes strides with harbaugh. we will see.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Punch-out in Philly: Writer fight!

Posted on September 29, 2011 by Grant Cohn
Here’s one you don’t read every day. Apparently one Eagles beat writer, Les Bowen, punched another Eagles beat writer, Jeff McClane, in the head on Wednesday. You can read the full story here.
:grabs:
Almost as seriously as I take the Niners beat. I take no flack from the Eric Branches of the world, and if Matt Maiocco gives me that look one more time, it’s on.
:biglaugh:
http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2011/09/inside-the-49ers/punch-out-in-philly-writer-fight/

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think its funny that you have your own thread on the niners that virtually only you post in. I should make one of these about jeeping.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
i think its funny that you have your own thread on the niners that virtually only you post in. I should make one of these about jeeping.

you sure do complain alot....for whatever reason...but by all means make your jeeping thread.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thats a complaint? saying your little thread is funny? moreso just making fun of your little thread. Obviously I get bored at work and read everything and end up here because there is nothing else to read.

Go big red!

Niners suck!

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thats a complaint? saying your little thread is funny? moreso just making fun of your little thread. Obviously I get bored at work and read everything and end up here because there is nothing else to read.

Go big red!

Niners suck!

Does Badass in your tag mean you are an internet Badass?

I don't think Ronin deserves the hate just because he's a 9er fan. He keeps a pretty low profile and doesn't gloat or cause trouble.

Isn't this Smack Forum for him to post in? But, I guess 'Niners suck' is smack in some circles.

He doesn't need me to come to his defense, but I just thought your attack of his thread was mean spirited...jmho

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does Badass in your tag mean you are an internet Badass?

I don't think Ronin deserves the hate just because he's a 9er fan. He keeps a pretty low profile and doesn't gloat or cause trouble.

Isn't this Smack Forum for him to post in? But, I guess 'Niners suck' is smack in some circles.

He doesn't need me to come to his defense, but I just thought your attack of his thread was mean spirited...jmho

Actually it was a simple light spirited comment that got turned into a trash talking debacle.

Smack shack says to me its where to go to talk smack, but thats not why I came. Just thought it was funny and made a half hearted, light, color comment. Sorry you guys take it as vehement bigotry.

I was actually serious about making a thread for only me, thought it was a funny comment.

NVM.

gay bay.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually it was a simple light spirited comment that got turned into a trash talking debacle.

Smack shack says to me its where to go to talk smack, but thats not why I came. Just thought it was funny and made a half hearted, light, color comment. Sorry you guys take it as vehement bigotry.

I was actually serious about making a thread for only me, thought it was a funny comment.

NVM.

gay bay.

Sweet, you came up with a title for your personal thread

btw... sorry to hijack your thread Ronin. I'll leave it alone.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so a light hearted good nature jab at san francisco and its team turns into you saying I am gay essentially. Very mature. This reminds me of my 9 yr old telling me something is not fair or that im not being nice because she has to do a chore.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
How in the hell are your SF 49ers 4-1?

Ronin?.........enlighten me please. I've been subjected to watching every Rams snap.....probably about 80% of the Cardinals plays here in the valley and a good portion of Seattle's fortune's via Sunday Ticket........but i haven't witnessed a single snap of whats going on in the Bay area.....4-1? !
Really?

How?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
How in the hell are your SF 49ers 4-1?

Ronin?.........enlighten me please. I've been subjected to watching every Rams snap.....probably about 80% of the Cardinals plays here in the valley and a good portion of Seattle's fortune's via Sunday Ticket........but i haven't witnessed a single snap of whats going on in the Bay area.....4-1? !
Really?

How?
A: Harbaugh
We have a coach that is actually coaching...in the past we had "coaches" more worried about wearing suits, and yelling slogans (win the west, i want winners!),dropping pants during halftime..:-/

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Harbaugh doesn't trust Alex is looking more and more like a myth
1) Alex has been allowed to call audibles all season. (something that wasn't allowed under Singletary/Nolan, because they didn't trust alex).
2) 4th and 5...Gore ypc was pretty dang high (9ypg) yet he put the ball in Smith's hands for the final play.
3) with 1 legit receiver on field Sunday...Alex threw the ball alot.

I hope Alex good play continues...:)

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
FPS: Yes, I'm misunderstood! What insight! I like to hang around top-tier athletes and help them enjoy their success. They've earned it! I want them to enjoy the view the top. These guys have been on the field and working out all their lives. They don't know any differently. I just like to open their eyes to new experiences. I help them have fun. Is that so wrong?
Sometimes they listen to me. I spent September with the Red Sox pitching staff. Jamarcus Russell - great guy.
Q: I heard you also spent some time in Miami this year. True?
FPS: Yes, in early summer I spent ten days with the Miami Heat. From there I spent a few weeks at the Eagles training camp... Let's just say the 'Dream Team' didn't name itself, ok? LOLZ

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
6. Alex Smith, 49ers: Don't tell me about his past struggles. Few QBs are playing as efficiently as Smith, who has helped his team to a 6-1 record in large part because he's completing 63.2 percent of his passes with nine touchdowns and only two interceptions. He ranks second against the blitz with a 128.9 rating and is third among regulars with a 104.9 fourth-quarter rating. And please drop the game-manager moniker. His touchdown strike to Delanie Walker on fourth-and-goal in the final two minutes of a win at Detroit was a thing of beauty.
oh.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
And once coach Jim Harbaugh finished addressing the media in humble fashion about going 1-for-1 in NFC West title races, the locker room doors opened and unleashed a telling scene: There was no champagne or beer being sprayed like a baseball clubhouse, but rather several players had their eyes fixed to the television screens above the lockers. On those TVs: The New York Giants’ comeback against the NFC-leading Green Bay Packers, who still pulled out a 38-35 win for their 12th victory in 12 games.
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/..._campaign=Feed:+49ersHotRead+(49ers+Hot+Read)
Love the fact that the 49ers weren't celebrating like crazy after the win...still work to do. #2 Seed still up for grabs.