2011 MLS Season

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The first goal vs Indonesia was just bleh. The pass was better than the shot IMO.

Even if we disagree about Keane, a frontline of Keane and Drogba would be awesome.
Is such a frontline necessary in the MLS? Seems like one of them would make them a favorite?

:shrug:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is such a frontline necessary in the MLS? Seems like one of them would make them a favorite?

:shrug:

Necessary no? It took Keane, Donovan, and Beckham to win the MLS cup this time. I want to see more top talent from Europe come to MLS, no matter the team.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Necessary no? It took Keane, Donovan, and Beckham to win the MLS cup this time. I want to see more top talent from Europe come to MLS, no matter the team.
Ya, I think Drogba would make me more likely to watch. Maybe.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya, I think Drogba would make me more likely to watch. Maybe.

I'd definitely follow the Galaxy much more with Drogba. They are already my team kinda....

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ha, makes sense

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The first goal vs Indonesia was just bleh. The pass was better than the shot IMO.

Even if we disagree about Keane, a frontline of Keane and Drogba would be awesome.

In MLS 95% of the time that shot goes sailing over the goal. The spin he put on the ball was class and the ability to actually finish it what sets him apart. Either way you are right, Drogba and Keane would be nasty as long as they still have the right pieces to feed them the ball.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'd definitely follow the Galaxy much more with Drogba. They are already my team kinda....

They became my team by default in 2003 due to proximity. A stop at the HDC makes a nice addition to any Cali trip plus they usually book pretty high profile friendlies. When I saw them at the Rose Bowl vs FC Barcelona= heaven.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They became my team by default in 2003 due to proximity. A stop at the HDC makes a nice addition to any Cali trip plus they usually book pretty high profile friendlies. When I saw them at the Rose Bowl vs FC Barcelona= heaven.

Very true. With all the expansion going on, kinda sad we haven't gotten a team yet.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Very true. With all the expansion going on, kinda sad we haven't gotten a team yet.

Expansion has slowed but I think one thing that would scare away a potential owner is that we probably need a facility with a retractable roof, maybe U of P could work but its not ideal unless pulling Sounders type crowds, and that the sports fans here are just not that great. This town barely supports what we have. I think MLS could work here but I am not holding my breath to see it happen.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Expansion has slowed but I think one thing that would scare away a potential owner is that we probably need a facility with a retractable roof, maybe U of P could work but its not ideal unless pulling Sounders type crowds, and that the sports fans here are just not that great. This town barely supports what we have. I think MLS could work here but I am not holding my breath to see it happen.

I agree in that this town isn't ready for a team.