2011 Diamondbacks Thread

Tyler

Registered
Reaction score
Yea wow, I almost turned the game off and went to bed. F YOU LA!!!

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Are you freaking kidding me?!?!?! At this point, bring on the Phillies if need be -- this team is SPECIAL!!!!

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Just got home from the game. All I can say is WOOOOOHOOOO GO DBACKS!!!!!! :)

Oh and to all the trash talking Dodger fan losers who were at the game... -----> :biglaugh:

Never seen fans of a team that is NOT going to the playoffs talk so much trash. Was beautiful to see it crammed down their trash talking mouths.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got back. Sweet ending. So many people left early and then more left at the start of the 10th...and as the Dodgers kept adding runs. Those of us that stayed got to see an awesome finish.

:dbacks:

:neverleaveearly:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I gave away two extra tickets I had to the game tonight. Got them just before game time...no time to post on here or anything. Sure hope those guys stayed for the entire game.

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Just got home from the game. All I can say is WOOOOOHOOOO GO DBACKS!!!!!! :)

Oh and to all the trash talking Dodger fan losers who were at the game... -----> :biglaugh:

Never seen fans of a team that is NOT going to the playoffs talk so much trash. Was beautiful to see it crammed down their trash talking mouths.

goes to show that baseball is a TEAM game, because there is a very real chance the Dodgers will have the Cy Young AND the MVP, and still finish 10+ games out of first place... has this ever happend?

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Just got back. Sweet ending. So many people left early and then more left at the start of the 10th...and as the Dodgers kept adding runs. Those of us that stayed got to see an awesome finish.

:dbacks:

:neverleaveearly:

I'll admit. I was so disgusted by the top of the tenth, I turned off the TV and went to bed. In my defense, I have been sleep deprived this week, but I am sure kicking myself today.

Time to fess up folks. Who else turned the game off or left early?

Lesson learned. Never again. :bang:

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think Sportscenter is so predictable... The Dbacks get 6 runs in the top 0f the 10th, including a grand slam down three to win, something that has only happend 4 times in baseball history, and that is the 6th best play of the day on September 27th, 2011...

If the Yanks had done that we wouldn't have heard the end for at least 3 days, and instead they are not even on the morning Sportscenter, at all... lol

Keep it coming, let them keep flying under the media radar.. love it

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'll admit. I was so disgusted by the top of the tenth, I turned off the TV and went to bed. In my defense, I have been sleep deprived this week, but I am sure kicking myself today.

Time to fess up folks. Who else turned the game off or left early?

Lesson learned. Never again. :bang:

Yeah I left and went to the store, and came back and saw ryan roberts trending on twitter and know I screwed up.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
As I always do, I had the TV sound muted while listening to Greg Schulte do the radio play-by-play.

Because of the TV sound delay (for cursing from wherever the camera is pointed), I heard the normally reserved Guv'nor shout about five times, "Are you kidding me?" before I saw Tatman's walkoff, two strike, two out line drive grand slam to win by a run.

Just once, I wanted to her Greg shout, "Are you freaking kidding me?", but he left out the F-word. I made up for it!

I don't like it when sportscasters use the term "unbelievable" for things slightly out of the ordinary. Roberts grand slam, and the D'backs scoring six in the bottom of the 10th, after the Dodgers had scored five in the top of the inning -- climaxing a 1-1 pitchers duel was . . . . . . unbelievable!

No, it was freaking unbelievable!

Regardless of what they do in the final regular season game, our team would have been depressed going into the post-season had they lost that game (especially after Parker's first Major League performance).

Ryan Roberts had four horrible at-bats in his first four plate appearances but, as usual, plays like an All Star from the seventh inning on. What a way to add an exclamation point to that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson