2010 Major League Soccer

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Toronto is simply a horrible place to put the championship game. No offense to the city, but the odds of it being an all-Canadian game are minimal at best.

Early November, it shouldn't be too hard to find a neutral place to play where the weather is decent and the accessibility for fan travel is easy.

OP
OP
Zeno

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
The MLS Re-Entry draft was today and the Galaxy picked up Juan Pablo Angel. WOW! :thumbup:

And then traded for Hejduk. I read Buddle is training with Birmingham City--and it may be a trial--so maybe Angel is his replacement? Angel couldn't score last season with decent service in NY, not sure how much he has left.

Of course it is better than my stinking DC United who selected Josh Wolff :bang:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
And then traded for Hejduk. I read Buddle is training with Birmingham City--and it may be a trial--so maybe Angel is his replacement? Angel couldn't score last season with decent service in NY, not sure how much he has left.

Of course it is better than my stinking DC United who selected Josh Wolff :bang:

They also traded Tristan Bowen to Chivas (I HATE that move), so I'm guessing they can't afford to lose Buddle now. If Buddle leaves and assuming Angel signs, that leaves only Angel, Jovan Kirovski and Mike McGee as strikers. Yuck.

Now, there are still a lot of rumors about Ronaldhino, so a lineup like this would look pretty good:

--------------------Ricketts-----------------------------
Franklin---Gonzalez---DeLaGarza(Hejduk?)---Dunivant
----------------------Juninho----------------------------
Beckham--------------Landon--------------Ronaldhino
-----------Buddle-----------------Angel-----------------

That's a pretty strong team.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It is not my reasoning it is MLS reasoning, one of many. I was just pointing out it is NOT solely because they want to be like the NFL.

NE doesn't remove the lines for MLS games once the Patriots start playing, never done it before. They've done it for US Soccer but never for MLS.

I have feeling it will stay that way for awhile. There will always be a playoff system, in fact they are going to have more playoff teams starting next season. Supporters Shield holders will never get a free pass.

The TV audience was terrible for MLS Cup--I think I read worst ever.

Just to revisit, New England removed the lines last weekend as they have in the past. I knew I wasn't crazy.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/matchcente...d-revolution-vs-new-york-red-bulls/highlights

OP
OP
Zeno

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Just to revisit, New England removed the lines last weekend as they have in the past. I knew I wasn't crazy.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/matchcente...d-revolution-vs-new-york-red-bulls/highlights

The next time they do it duiring the NFL regular season it will be the first time.

On another note, Robert Kraft is a terrible owner and treats the Revs like nothing more than a forgotten toy...it is unfortunate as they have a good fan base (who staged a "walk out" earlier this season in protest).

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The next time they do it duiring the NFL regular season it will be the first time.

On another note, Robert Kraft is a terrible owner and treats the Revs like nothing more than a forgotten toy...it is unfortunate as they have a good fan base (who staged a "walk out" earlier this season in protest).

True about Kraft, except to his credit he did put money into and "believed" in the league when many people did not. He just treats it like an old car, he doesn't want to get rid of it because of sentimental value, lets his teenagers drive it, but he really doesn't want to ever put money into it. It is kind of a shame because the Boston market should be a much bigger plus for MLS. There is a shift in the league and it will be interesting to see how teams like the Revs continue to operate in the 1998 mindset when surrounded by Red Bull Arena, Montreal, Philly, ect. A stadium closer to Boston would be so big.

About removing the lines, you will never believe me, but as someone who has had MLS Direct Kick since 2003 and has seen many Revs games they have done it multiple times during the Pats regular season in recent years. I don't know what the criteria is but they can do it, just like Houston and Seattle if they want to. Why they don't do it every time, probably because of the reasons you mention above. Its a shame.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson