2007 Cardinals Pre-Draft Roster Analysis and Questions

Doc Cardinal

Old Fart
Reaction score
If Peterson is the man...Arrington, and rightly so...goes. A major league disappointment even cutting him slack for running behind a second rate line. He can't take a hit and without that abiity it is game over.

Well said.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where did you hear he's going to be a 3-4 LB? Why won't he play RDE in that scheme?

Whiz said that both he and Okeafor will be playing OLB in 3-4 packages this year.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A coaching change was probably the best thing for Elton -- he gets a fresh start

that being said -- his fresh start lasts until maybe the third week of training camp. If he isnt showing by then, he will be cut
Yes and yes.

The problem with relying solely on last season's production (or lack of it) to evaluate problem players is that they were playing for a coaching staff said to be weak on teaching fundamentals and big on putting guys inside dog houses.

We don't know whether or not some of these guys (& they know who they are) will respond to a different coaching style (and hopefully better coaching). We need more time to evaluate them (but not too much).

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Yes and yes.

The problem with relying solely on last season's production (or lack of it) to evaluate problem players is that they were playing for a coaching staff said to be weak on teaching fundamentals and big on putting guys inside dog houses.

We don't know whether or not some of these guys (& they know who they are) will respond to a different coaching style (and hopefully better coaching). We need more time to evaluate them (but not too much).

The reality for Elton is he plays on an offensive line that added two free agents in the offseason, will add a day one pick this year, and added a day one pick last year --

unlike prior years -- there will be only so many roster spots on the line up for grabs --

He better show something by training camp or he is gone -- its a numbers game

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
unlike prior years -- there will be only so many roster spots on the line up for grabs --

Isn't that great. It also applies to most roster spots. Something we haven't seen in Arizona for a long time. Guys with backup talent are actually backups instead of starters.

However, I'm still more pessimistic about this season than any season before. Last year was just too awful to think that they'll ever be anything than the same old Cardinals.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
However, I'm still more pessimistic about this season than any season before. Last year was just too awful to think that they'll ever be anything than the same old Cardinals.

its understandable

I on the other hand, am quite optimistic. I have put all my faith in the QB theory.

This will be the first year the Cardinals have had a better than average, experienced QB under center since Lomax.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
its understandable

I on the other hand, am quite optimistic. I have put all my faith in the QB theory.

This will be the first year the Cardinals have had a better than average, experienced QB under center since Lomax.

You forgot young. We had Warner, a former SuperBowl MVP, and that didn't change anything.

If this were any team other than the Cards I'd be excited. Veteran players at every position, guys who could actually start for other NFL teams. A young, NFL prototype, QB plus a potential impact player with the #5 spot in the draft, and some of the leagues best skill position players on offense.

But they had a lot of that last year plus the impact of a new stadium and real home field advantage and they still lost to the worst team in the NFL.

:sad:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson