2003 Arizona Cardinals Defense

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
@juza76 suggested that when (if???) Watt goes down we'd have the worst defense in the past 20 years.

Look at the 2003 Arizona Cardinals defense:

You must be registered for see images attach

There are FIVE NFL-quality starters in that lineup. Calvin Pace, Ronald McKinnon, Renaldo Hill (UNDERRATED PLAYER!), Adrian Wilson, and Dexter Jackson. YIKES! 5 Sacks from the defensive line! WTF!

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
@juza76 suggested that when (if???) Watt goes down we'd have the worst defense in the past 20 years.

Look at the 2003 Arizona Cardinals defense:

There are FIVE NFL-quality starters in that lineup. Calvin Pace, Ronald McKinnon, Renaldo Hill (UNDERRATED PLAYER!), Adrian Wilson, and Dexter Jackson. YIKES! 5 Sacks from the defensive line! WTF!
Yes this one was the last bad defense i remember despite some guys u mentioned
Front seven horrible
Dexter Jackson was paid like a nfl all pro cause his great superbowl, but he underperformed in Arizona
McKinnon solid but as u said many times, ton of '' just'' stats and too slow
Calvin pace in the rookie year was far from being ready
Stil im not sure if it is worse than a 2022 defense without Watt

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Have people blocked out the 2018 defense?

Our 10 man D line room for most of the year contained Dora the explorer, Malveaux, Benson Mayowa, some guy called Zach moore, Pasoni Tasini and Vincent Valentine.

Our whole LB group was Bynes, Buc, Gardeck, Hodges, Reddick, Walker and Turner.

Our CB's outside P2 were David Amerson, Chris Jones, Brandon Williams and Beni Benwikeri.

It was dreadful. Wilks deserves some credit for not losing by 30 points a game.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score

Our 10 man D line room for most of the year contained Dora the explorer, Malveaux, Benson Mayowa, some guy called Zach moore, Pasoni Tasini and Vincent Valentine.

Our CB's outside P2 were David Amerson, Chris Jones, Brandon Williams and Beni Benwikeri.

i have blocked out that awful season altogether.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

It's funny, because that 2018 defense (26th in points, 20th in yards, 12th in DVOA) was actually much better the Vance's 2019 defense (28th in points, 32nd in yards, 20th in DVOA).

Like, bruh. Jonathan Bullard and Zach Kerr combined for nearly 650 defensive snaps. I can't believe we kept Rodney Gunter for another year after that and started him for 13 games(!!!).

Reaction score
It's funny, because that 2018 defense (26th in points, 20th in yards, 12th in DVOA) was actually much better the Vance's 2019 defense (28th in points, 32nd in yards, 20th in DVOA).

Like, bruh. Jonathan Bullard and Zach Kerr combined for nearly 650 defensive snaps. I can't believe we kept Rodney Gunter for another year after that and started him for 13 games(!!!).

Makes sense because in 2019 nobody knew Vance's defense & from what we've been told by some is Vance's defense is very complicated. So for all of them to pick it up in one off season with, more than likely, most of the players not fits in his system. Btw, I'm not sure if DVOA is overrated or not. It doesn't really matter because you have me blocked & won't see this post anyway lol.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
Makes sense because in 2019 nobody knew Vance's defense & from what we've been told by some is Vance's defense is very complicated. So for all of them to pick it up in one off season with, more than likely, most of the players not fits in his system. Btw, I'm not sure if DVOA is overrated or not. It doesn't really matter because you have me blocked & won't see this post anyway lol.

Maybe Vance's super complex defense is overrated?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

It’s a good thing the guy that put this roster together isn’t still employed.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose