20 thoughts - 2022 season - part 1

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
1 – J.J. Watt brought back memories of Calais Campbell- and Darnell Dockett dominance from the defensive line. He proved every skeptic wrong. I bow to you, J.J.

2 – Kyler Murray’s biggest problem is his decision making. That’s not so impressive for a fourth-year player.

3 – Not a good season by Vance Joseph, but what is the guy supposed to do with that roster? He can’t do magic.

4 – Byron Murphy has taken steps. He is obviously injury prone, but he can be a difference maker when healthy. They should sign him to an incentive laden deal.

5 –Will Hernandez have been a fine pickup. Not that he has been great, but he has been an upgrade to an average offensive line. Hope they re-sign him.

6– Zach Allen has really emerged. From above level starter to potential cornerstone.

7 – It would be great to have Jalen Carter, but Will Anderson just fit so well; exhibit A, B, C, D, E and F: did you see the Cards’ edge rush? No, me neither.

8 – Great rebound year by D.J. Humphries. He was a big liability last season, but now he is back as a very good franchise tackle (you know, when he actually plays.)

9 – I had high thoughts about Brentson Buckner as d-line coach, but maybe Matt Burke has been an upgrade? I am leaning to it.

10 – I give you “The Season in Review” by Mr. @CardsFan88:

You must be registered for see images attach

Bravo, @CardsFan88. Bravo.

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Really high hopes for a Wilson/Murphy combo to emerge as formidable. Very happy for the steps #20 has taken.
I don't know about Wilson, PC. Do you think he has taken the expected steps?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with Just about everything. I truly wish this organization can find a way to retain their above average players.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't know about Wilson, PC. Do you think he has taken the expected steps?
Gandhi, I'll say this. I have less worry about him than I did at the end of last year. I would definitely say he's improved. That being said, if the new regime sees him as replaceable, I wouldn't raise hell about it.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Gandhi, I'll say this. I have less worry about him than I did at the end of last year. I would definitely say he's improved. That being said, if the new regime sees him as replaceable, I wouldn't raise hell about it.
Wilson was actually pretty good down the stretch.

For the year he gave up a 77.1 QB Rating. That's pretty damn good. In 2021 he gave up a 120 QB Rating which is disastrous.

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Wilson was actually pretty good down the stretch.

For the year he gave up a 77.1 QB Rating. That's pretty damn good. In 2021 he gave up a 120 QB Rating which is disastrous.
I was not aware of those numbers, Krang. Thanks!

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I was not aware of those numbers, Krang. Thanks!
For comparison, Murphy gave up a 103 QB Rating, worse than the 87 QB rating from the year prior.

Hamilton gave up an 82 QB Rating.

Christian Matthew gave up an 89 QB Rating.

Overall CB play was decent, but many more knowledgeable fans and analysts have stated that Vance's system is easier on CBs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose