2 Of Top 12 NFL Trash Talkers Cardinals

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Lynn Haven Florida(Panama City)1 mile away.
http://www.comcast.net/slideshow/sports-trash-talkers/1/

Will this effect our team this year?If so do you think its a positive or a negative?

Please look and read what it says about Darnell & Joey after punching up their pictures.

My opinion over the years is if you can back up your mouth then everything will be okay.Joey is getting up in years and I think Whiz will have a short leash on him.Just like DD is suddenly absent on twitter.

I just want any attention brought to the Cardinals to continue to be Positive.The more attention the better.Not the T.O. kind of attention.We don't want to become a joke anymore.2 of top 12 is a lot to handle on one team.One more outspoken positive leader could really help our lockeroom.

Don't want to see Calais' Campbell to end up any other way as he progresses to a yearly Pro Bowl canidate and future team leader.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I have no problem with it. I would rather have a defense with an attitude than one that is consistently soft.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that Ray Lewis and Ed Reed do a lot of talking, as well. As long as Dockett and Porter (continue to) back up their chatter, I don't really mind.

I think that if this defense can keep talking for four quarters instead of run out of fresh material before the half, it'll be just fine.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
meh

I've always been preferential to the Jeff Saturday approach; play hard, and save an extra punch in the mouth for the trash talkers.

Reaction score
Re: 10. Jay Cutler, Bears QB

Imo, a quarterback should never engage in trash talking.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My opinion over the years is if you can back up your mouth then everything will be okay.

I just want any attention brought to the Cardinals to continue to be Positive.The more attention the better.Not the T.O. kind of attention.We don't want to become a joke anymore.2 of top 12 is a lot to handle on one team.One more outspoken positive leader could really help our lockeroom.

Totally agree with the first sentence, Doug.

After the whole shower-thing I checked out a few message boards. Most particularly the 9ers where the fans were already talking about having signs of Dockett in the shower made to hold up during the games between us. Which made me a little queasy because I, too, want the attention on this team to be positive. But if Dockett produces...:D

And as far as more publicity goes I'm waiting to see what Kurt has decided on his broadcasting career. He Tweeted that he'd just been in meetings about it. If he's up there in the booth or on the set at half-time we are going to get all kinds of good stuff coming our way!

OP
OP
Doug

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Totally agree with the first sentence, Doug.

After the whole shower-thing I checked out a few message boards. Most particularly the 9ers where the fans were already talking about having signs of Dockett in the shower made to hold up during the games between us. Which made me a little queasy because I, too, want the attention on this team to be positive. But if Dockett produces...:D

And as far as more publicity goes I'm waiting to see what Kurt has decided on his broadcasting career. He Tweeted that he'd just been in meetings about it. If he's up there in the booth or on the set at half-time we are going to get all kinds of good stuff coming our way!

Give it close to 2 years before the Warner Movie comes out also.Hope I live to see it.They better go first class all the way in making it.They have more than enough material to make the movie a real memerable one.Lots more to work with than the Blindside did.I want them to get the NFL's blessing to make it a classic.I believe Goodell will be totally behind such a positive story.:)

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Give it close to 2 years before the Warner Movie comes out also.Hope I live to see it.

Plan on it Doug! 'Cause a lot of us are "holding you up". Besides, you already know I'm saving the seats next to me for you and your fam at Kurt's induction in Canton!

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
meh

I've always been preferential to the Jeff Saturday approach; play hard, and save an extra punch in the mouth for the trash talkers.

Saturday talks, he's just not that good at it, search NFL.com for when he was miked up

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Give it close to 2 years before the Warner Movie comes out also.Hope I live to see it.They better go first class all the way in making it.They have more than enough material to make the movie a real memerable one.Lots more to work with than the Blindside did.I want them to get the NFL's blessing to make it a classic.I believe Goodell will be totally behind such a positive story.:)

Ha, given our luck it will start with Warner the stock boy, and fade out with the Rams SB win.

Their will of course be footnotes right before the credits start to roll:

"Kurt finished out his career with a short stint in NY with the Giants, and even took the downtrodden Arizona Cardinals to a Super Bowl before retiring"

OP
OP
Doug

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Ha, given our luck it will start with Warner the stock boy, and fade out with the Rams SB win.

Their will of course be footnotes right before the credits start to roll:

"Kurt finished out his career with a short stint in NY with the Giants, and even took the downtrodden Arizona Cardinals to a Super Bowl before retiring"

The major rebound in the movie will focus on the CARDINALS and struggling early on under chilidog and then the Whizenhunt hire and his focus on working with an over the hill Veteran till they both produce and begin to work together and the head Coach even changes his style or approach to focus on Kurts skills that prove with the gloves he's even better than before.

Movie ends with "Shock the World" statements in the lockeroom as The CARDINALS win the NFC CHAMPIONSHIP.Maybe Bradshaw gets a cameo and then we get the footnotes on how we came within 2:00 of winning a World Title.Then breaking the SB loser jinx and making and winning the highest scoring Playoff game in history.

I'll be watching kurt call the arena Football League game on NFL Network this friday night to see if he seems comfortable in the booth.I'm just not sure why he did'nt get a job locked up calling games this upcoming year.

Maybe its not as easy as it looks or Kurt refuses to act like a jerk like Esiason.Maybe too square for the market.Not negative and judgemental enough.We'll see.Hope he gets a deal done soon.

Reaction score
I'll be watching kurt call the arena Football League game on NFL Network this friday night to see if he seems comfortable in the booth.I'm just not sure why he did'nt get a job locked up calling games this upcoming year.

Maybe its not as easy as it looks or Kurt refuses to act like a jerk like Esiason.Maybe too square for the market.Not negative and judgemental enough.We'll see.Hope he gets a deal done soon.
He is probably enjoying the time off with his family. If Warner wants a talking head job, it will still be there for him next year. Though personally, I don't see him in that role, it doesn't fit him.

There was a clip on last night's local (i.e.- Phoenix) news regarding Warner and his foundation once again assisting a single mother in the St. Louis area into a home.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA