1993 Fight

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find a video of the fight between the Suns and Knicks in 1993. I've never actually seen this fight, although I did listen to Al McCoy's description on the radio.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man I loved that team. KJ was sure a competitor. That was the toughest team we ever had with guys like Barkley, KJ, Majerle, Ainge. They didn't take crap from anyone. It reminds me of what this team has been missing over the D'Antoni era.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Yep, that team was fantastic. What a season that was.

shazaam6

Censor this
Reaction score
#### Greg Anthony. How does he have any kind of NBA job. Worst cheap shot of all time. His name goes in the Hall of Shame for sports.

HooverDam

Reaction score
Geez, what an unlikable team that was for the Knicks, John Starks, Greg Anthony, Charles Oakley, Anthony Mason, Patrick Ewing, and Pat Riley, bleck.

Last edited:

Forrestham

Freebird62
Reaction score
I was at this game and have never been to a game with such emotions. I remember Rileys Knicks were cheap shot artists. KJ finally laid out Doc Rivers and all hell broke loose. I was afraid it was going to be like the Artest game. The 2 biggest thugs were Rivers and Anthony. I have gone to games for over 35 years and never was afraid of something bad happening like I was for this game

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
In his only appearance off the bench, Mustaf laid out a few Knicks during the fight. That was his finest hour. I think it was right after he ordered the hit on his baby's mama...alledgedly.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bufalay

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
In his only appearance off the bench, Mustaf laid out a few Knicks during the fight. That was his finest hour. I think it was right after he ordered the hit on his baby's mama...alledgedly.

That is what a 12th man is good for. If Mustaf were on the team last year instead of Burke/Marks/Pike, Horry would've been dead.

da_suns_fan

Registered
Reaction score
I forgot what a stud Majerle was. You see him hustle for that offensive rebound and bang in there to force it back up.

If only Stoudemire had half the heart.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ahhh memories. George Allen play-by-play and Jude LaCava on color.
That brawl was a FANtastic sight to behold. The KNICKS were definately the thugs of the league following in the footsteps of the PISTONS. I thought(and hoped) that the SUNS would meet up with them again in the Finals that year but it didn't happen. BTW, that Eastrn Final between Chicago & the KNICKS later that season was still to this day probably the most intense NBA playoff series i've ever seen.
It was awesome to see the SUNS shed that soft label at least for a game.
Starks & Anthony were class A punk's. Oakley was a bit of a thug but i'd have taken him on my team anyday.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
The question of 'how does Greg Anthony have a job?' is asked by me every time I see his commentary on ESPN... has nothing to do with his brawl involvement.

HooverDam

Reaction score
The question of 'how does Greg Anthony have a job?' is asked by me every time I see his commentary on ESPN... has nothing to do with his brawl involvement.

Greg Anthony may be the stupidest person on television. Thats saying a lot considering all the idiotic 'journalists' out there. But when Anthony talks I'm literally shocked that he hasn't accidentally killed himself by licking an electrical outlet or falling into an open manhole.

Irish

Registered
Reaction score
Greg Anthony may be the stupidest person on television. Thats saying a lot considering all the idiotic 'journalists' out there. But when Anthony talks I'm literally shocked that he hasn't accidentally killed himself by licking an electrical outlet or falling into an open manhole.

How do you REALLY feel? :biglaugh:

Let's face it, sports are a form of entertainment and the media treats sports reporting as just another form of entertainment. If stupidity gets people to watch, then that's what they'll give. Seriously, do you think TNT takes Barkely seriously or just what he is - a joke. The same with Steven A Smith an many many others.

Before anyone dumps on the participants of this board, compre what you read here with ESPN.

HooverDam

Reaction score
How do you REALLY feel? :biglaugh:

Let's face it, sports are a form of entertainment and the media treats sports reporting as just another form of entertainment. If stupidity gets people to watch, then that's what they'll give. Seriously, do you think TNT takes Barkely seriously or just what he is - a joke. The same with Steven A Smith an many many others.

Before anyone dumps on the participants of this board, compre what you read here with ESPN.

But Barkley knows everyone is laughing at him (and sometimes with him), Anthony really seems to think he knows what he's talking about, thats the disturbing part.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
I don't tend to watch the half time shows with Stephen A Smith, Kenny Smith and Barkley. Sure, Jet and Barkley can be funny but their blunt one-sided cure-all statements just piss me off. I won't even start on Stephen A Smith. He should not be on television.

:bang:

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score
Why I am not shocked that all blame was on the Knicks, and that it was perfectly fine for the Suns to start the brawl?

What does this make the Suns "tough" vs. dirty?

OP
OP
Bufalay

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Why I am not shocked that all blame was on the Knicks, and that it was perfectly fine for the Suns to start the brawl?

What does this make the Suns "tough" vs. dirty?

KJ started the fight, but it was just a cool fight. I don't mind the knicks, but Anthony's move was cheap.