1948 - Year I was Conceived & Cardinals best Season Ever

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
What a year it must have been too, when the defending champion Cards went 11-1. In '48 they averaged 30 pts per game, winning 11 out of 12 games by an average 11 points each. They even scored 63, 56, and 49 points in 3 of those 11 wins.

On December 28 they played the Eagles once again in the NFL championship game, just as they had done the year previously. In the repeat game for the championship held in Philly, there was a blizzard/snow storm, and to the dismay of Cards fans, their offensive juggernaut team was held scoreless by an Eagles team they had beaten in the first game of the regular season, just 9 months after beating them in the '47 championship game. I would assume that the Eagles and their fans felt the only chance they had to stop the Cards offense was for it to snow or the field to freeze. They got their wish. The following day's newspapers should have all read: Blizzard 7 - Cards 0

I didn't see that game, for I was too busy planning how to escape from my mother's womb, which I was successful at a few weeks later when some stranger in a white coat, suddenly sliced her stomach open so I could crawl out, never again to return to that dark wretched place.

I suppose the only way for the Cards to ever top their 1948 season is to win a Super Bowl while having a perfect undefeated season. Might this be the year - 2021? If so, I suppose it will be my time, after 73 years, to return to the darkness. Might I go out as I came in, each time, with the Cards having their best season ever?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Sissy..... I think I speak for the board.
You don’t have to die in this scenario.... it would be much better if you stuck around to celebrate with us and see if they can do it again.

Now the polls..... the polls can die

OP
OP
SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Sissy..... I think I speak for the board.
You don’t have to die in this scenario.... it would be much better if you stuck around to celebrate with us and see if they can do it again.

Now the polls..... the polls can die

I don't know about that. Better do a poll to see.