1883 (Paramount+)

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Sounds fun, but I'm not watching the regular show on one streaming service and paying for ANOTHER streaming service just to watch the prequel series. They can shove their greed up their butt mouths sideways.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Watched Episode 1 last night, pretty good stuff.

Anyone else see this?

We watched it. My wife loves it but I’m not a fan

I hate when characters narrate the story and she’s gonna piss me off I can tell already

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really like the show so far. I have not watched an episode of Yellowstone though. For some reason just never watched it but started this.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea this is fantastic…. Happy for this news too and another spinoff which I will def watch.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yea this is fantastic…. Happy for this news too and another spinoff which I will def watch.

More episodes on the way, that's great. I am curious to see how they all survived, they seem pretty much doomed all the time. I am so glad I wasn't born in the 1800's! That's probably a whole other thread there.

Stout

Reaction score
This show ranges from good to great, with some real annoyances sprinkled in there. The have grossly Mary Sue-ed the narrator, and it detracts quite a lot from the show at times. If they dialed that back just a bit, this show would be incredible. As is, it's still a damn good show. Although...

Although, by now, I think they should be down to something like negative ten wagons lol

Reaction score
This show ranges from good to great, with some real annoyances sprinkled in there. The have grossly Mary Sue-ed the narrator, and it detracts quite a lot from the show at times. If they dialed that back just a bit, this show would be incredible. As is, it's still a damn good show. Although...

Although, by now, I think they should be down to something like negative ten wagons lol
I actually love the narrator/narration. It's part of what makes the show awesome.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
For the most part, I agree. But there are parts where she's just plain a moron and then there are the "what is this, a freaking Hallmark movie?" moments. But, mostly, it's well done.
Hey, Hallmark Movies are pretty damn popular, Ebeneezer.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That last episode was brutal.

All these people running around with their bodies housing an arrow sticking out both sides. I can't imagine.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For the most part, I agree. But there are parts where she's just plain a moron and then there are the "what is this, a freaking Hallmark movie?" moments. But, mostly, it's well done.

Her character shows a lot of the reckless stupidity of youth. But I am not getting a Hallmark vibe though. More of a Walking Dead meets the Donner Party, without the cannibalism, vibe. She has had her love interests, but things never seem to work out like a Hallmark movie to say the least.

Stout

Reaction score
Her character shows a lot of the reckless stupidity of youth. But I am not getting a Hallmark vibe though. More of a Walking Dead meets the Donner Party, without the cannibalism, vibe. She has had her love interests, but things never seem to work out like a Hallmark movie to say the least.
I'm talking the whole "Ohmygosh, I'm in love one minute, stuff happens, I'm in love the next minute, ohmygosh it's all REAL love I swear." Then the whole really bad soap opera scene in a disaster--you should know which one I'm referencing. Eh, yeah, no.

Overall, though, I love this one. The above, and how absolutely Mary Sue the character is, is just a minor background annoyance at times.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The wife and I both really like the series, but audibly cringed when Elsa went full Comanche upon departure.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose