17th Game Added - Cards at Browns

jf-08

Administrator; Rules Creator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t get this odd game schedule.
So half of the teams will have more home games than the other half?
I imagine the following year the teams that travelled will get a home game. Or all the games will be held at neutral sites?

BritCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I really don't like the 17th game.

Makes everything asymmetric. Some teams will have more home games and some more away games.

Same applies to strength of schedule. Up to now we play the same opponents as our division rivals. That's now out the window.

For the 17th game the Niners play the Bungals. The other 3 face playoff caliber teams (Steelers, Brown's, Ravens).

Also it screws up all records and direct stat comparisons.

Really, really not a fan.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I don’t get this odd game schedule.
So half of the teams will have more home games than the other half?
Yes and it will rotate. Each conference plays another conference for the extra game each year.. so entire NFCW plays at an AFC North team this year. So next year we will get the extra home game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cardsfan77

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Is it set up such that all teams in a single division have either an extra home or away game? Not even sure if the math works on that, but if not that’s just silly and gives an unfair advantage to those teams with the extra home game IMO.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Is it set up such that all teams in a single division have either an extra home or away game? Not even sure if the math works on that, but if not that’s just silly and gives an unfair advantage to those teams with the extra home game IMO.
Yes - they are in division blocks. So the entire division will either be home or away against another division.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think sets up more international games. At some point there will be 16 of them. You could do 2 to 3 a week in the heart of the season and provide that extra bye week right after travel.

Plus, it's 1 less useless preseason game now too!

Last edited:

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I think sets up more international games. At some point there will be 16 of them. You could do 2 to 3 a week in the heart of the season and provide that extra bye week right after travel.

Plus, it's 1 less useless preseason game now too!
Eventually the NFL intends to dramatically increase international games. It wouldn’t be shocking to see them alternated like the 17th game. BTW there will be an 18th game at some point.

mjb21aztd

Reaction score
Weed legal more cards football!! Awesome well maybe lol

Only bad thing is injury

Anyone know how many fans allow at gm next yr me my bro want to try go to a few if possible