Master Suite Downstairs
Gourmet Kitchen
Formal Living Room
Formal Dining room
Walk In Pantry
Self Cleaning Heated Swimming Pool
Annual HOA is $843.00 annually
Property Tax in 2014 was $2538.00

Recently Remodeled with all new finishes you see in the photos!

They are looking for 4,500 - 5,500 entries, with a portion of the proceeds going to St. Jude's Children's Hospital.

Last edited:

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's very vague in the rules if they actually judge by content.

OP
OP
crisper57

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
This might sound callous, but if you don't have some sort of tragic set of circumstances there is no way you win.

Oh, no doubt. But you also need to convey those circumstances in 250 words or less, agree to disclose your identity, and then talk about it when the media coverage starts. Might scare off a few people who value their privacy.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my buddy lives near that house. I drove out once and it took FOREVER. I now call it south las vegas.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Whoever wins it will probably look to sell right away.

Good luck maintaining such a house. What is the pool going to cost annualy?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whoever wins it will probably look to sell right away.

Good luck maintaining such a house. What is the pool going to cost annualy?

Maintaining a pool isnt a lavish expense, maybe a thousand a year if you do it yourself including the cost of running the pump daily.

considering most of us pay over 1k per month of a mortgage anyway, having NO mortgage would make it rather easy to keep up the home.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any house at 150k or more has a mortgage of 1k or more. (including escrow and etc)

Yikes. Ours has always been between $700-800.

Guess we bought at the right time (1999) and for the right price.

:jedi:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yikes. Ours has always been between $700-800.

Guess we bought at the right time (1999) and for the right price.

:jedi:

Guess so. I am at 4% and bought at $160,000. Right now I pay just over 1140 a month. I do still have PMI though which is $150 per month of my payment.

And its only an 1800 sqft house on baseline and rural, not a rich neighborhood or huge house by any means.

The good news is my house is above $215,000 value now. Doesnt do me any good really except we want to add at least 1k sq foot to the house and the equity should help me do that in a few years.

Right now we have a 3 bed two bath but we have 3 kids and 3 dogs. Looking to add two more bedrooms, one more bathroom to the side of the house (on a .25 acre). If that doesnt break the bank, I am going to add another living room and put those rooms and bathroom on top of it.

OP
OP
crisper57

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Contest cancelled.

http://www.housefor150.com/

Strangely enough, they cite legal issues. But there is now a similar house in Illinois going for $199 and an essay.

Interesting.

It is with a heavy heart that we are announcing this contest is cancelled.
Due to unforeseen circumstances we are unable to go forward. We genuinely wished we could have made this work, and changed a families life for the current and future generations of that family.

If you submitted an entry, you will receive a check back for your entry fee of $150.00. Any amount of money you paid to process the payment through a third party will not be refunded. If you entered via the mail to the PO Box, you will receive your refund back in the same exact form of payment you submitted it in as those were never even deposited. Please give us until the end of September to receive your refund.

We are very thankful for the outpouring of support and we deeply regret that we cannot go forward.

We retained legal counsel before ever launching the contest and as it turns out, the advice and information we were given by legal counsel wasn't exactly accurate. We were left wide open for civil lawsuits as well as possible ramifications from the State. Since we cannot risk our livelihoods and our families, we cannot go forward. As investors, we will sell the home traditionally and move on. Unfortunately, we were deeply looking forward to changing someones life in the interim. We exhausted all avenues and possibilities prior to making this heavy hearted choice. Please be assured, we were left with NO CHOICE.

Please accept our sincerest apologies.

Questions can be emailed to [email protected].

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guess so. I am at 4% and bought at $160,000. Right now I pay just over 1140 a month. I do still have PMI though which is $150 per month of my payment.

And its only an 1800 sqft house on baseline and rural, not a rich neighborhood or huge house by any means.

The good news is my house is above $215,000 value now. Doesnt do me any good really except we want to add at least 1k sq foot to the house and the equity should help me do that in a few years.

Right now we have a 3 bed two bath but we have 3 kids and 3 dogs. Looking to add two more bedrooms, one more bathroom to the side of the house (on a .25 acre). If that doesnt break the bank, I am going to add another living room and put those rooms and bathroom on top of it.

With the increase in value don't you have enough equity to squash the PMI?