15 thoughts - Seahawks game

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
1 – Two touchdown drives that started in the Cards’ own red zone, and all three touchdown drives lasting at least 11 plays (13 and 17). My kind of touchdowns.

2 – I really liked how Colt McCoy did not try to be a hero, but instead focused on being a very good game manager…

3 – … of the very good gameplan by Kingsbury, who also called a very good game.

4 – I feel like Byron Murphy is being underrated – maybe even on this board. He is playing really, really well.

5 – Chandler Jones have played better since I criticized him here some weeks ago, but I will still argue that he is not what he was. Probably a little above average, but not a great pass rusher anymore.

6 – A.J. Green showing he can still be very effective.

7 – Hands down, Kelvin Beachum has the biggest butt in the NFL. Just saying.

8 – Matt Prater was singlehandedly responsibility for minus seven points. I guess he was overdue for a bad game, but my nerves did not have to be that tortured during this game.

9 – Seattle: 2-10 on 3rd downs.

Arizona: second best 3rd down defense in the NFL.

Credit: Vance Joseph and Brentson Buckner.

10 – Just a little perspective: Before you freak out about Zaven Collins’ hide-and-seek game, it is not exactly like the rest of the first-round rookies from #16 and down have been All Pro’s. Yes, in this day and age, there are no “give them three year”-freebie’s for early picked rookies, and they should produce from day one, but it is not like Keim have completely bombed this.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
9. Brenton Buckner has done an incredible job with the D-line. Remember when it used to be a dumpster fire of jumping offside and/or lining up offside. Maybe J.J. brought something, but considering the lack of elite talent now these guys are playing their butts off IMO.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
4. Him and Wilson eases the selection of a corner at the first round, who many of us wanted.

7. Beachum cost us a touchdown…what was he thinking??

10. Speaking of Farley, he’s out for the year with a torn ACL. I thought he would be Richard Sherman.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. Nice beat down of a division rival but let’s face it, the Seahawks stink.
3. Perfect game plan perfectly executed.
7. Of course Beecham has the biggest butt… that’s where his brain was on that penalty.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I only saw 10. Lol. Chandler Jones is playing very well. He has 3 games with sacks but 2 with 5 and 3.5. I mean. Honestly that is a lot and it means teams will have to really scheme for him. Of JK Watt comes back he will Be dominant. He is a great leader too. I say if we make the nfc championship or super bowl we sign him back. But his leadership is really impressive.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Loved the whole thing, top to bottom... minus Prater. Loved to see the Hags get their long overdue comeuppance from the Redbirds.

btw, your title says 15 things, you only listed 10. You owe us 5 more... hahaha

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
7. I'll take your word on Beachum having a big ass lol. That penalty was stupid, dude was on the ground & he nailed him. He's gotta be smarter than that, he cost us a TD.

8. Dave Pasch said the wind was swirling bad on that end during the missed kicks by Prater so Idk? I do know this much, his 2nd missed kick would've never happened had Beachum not got that dumb penalty. I hope he has now had his only bad kicking game?

Last edited:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched highlights of the Browns and Rams game again today. Prater made some big FGs in both games. We forget stuff like that real easy when a player has a bad game or play. So, I say write this one off. All his missed kicks were on the end Pasch and Calvisi said was really windy. I believe all made FGs in the game were on the other end of the field.

Now, if it continues in December? Then maybe even Matt Prater cannot overcome the Cardinals Kicker Curse.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
1 – Two touchdown drives that started in the Cards’ own red zone, and all three touchdown drives lasting at least 11 plays (13 and 17). My kind of touchdowns.
Those were gut check drives. Good teams do that in close games. We've seen the Cardinals in the other end of games like this, games that were closer than they appeared.

And most of the Seahawks drives were from multiple chunk plays, not methodical drives.
2 – I really liked how Colt McCoy did not try to be a hero, but instead focused on being a very good game manager…
I think Kliff gave Colt a manageable game plan. And its not like the Cardinals didn't make a ton of mistakes either. As crazy as this sounds...even with the Cardinals missing probably two top 20 NFL players, they were the better team.
3 – … of the very good gameplan by Kingsbury, who also called a very good game.
I think Kliff is a much better coach than people on this forum give him credit. I even though so before this season. His wins with McCoy at QB demonstrates that.
4 – I feel like Byron Murphy is being underrated – maybe even on this board. He is playing really, really well.
I'm a Byron Murphy fan. He's a really good #2 corner. Not knocking him, but I still don't want him one-on-one against true #1 receivers, but he can still hold his own with good safety help.
5 – Chandler Jones have played better since I criticized him here some weeks ago, but I will still argue that he is not what he was. Probably a little above average, but not a great pass rusher anymore.
Hes not but he can still be a good pass rusher. I think this is his last year as a Cardinal, but I think he'll still be productive enough down the stretch.
6 – A.J. Green showing he can still be very effective.
What a good signing he was. Even with the GB snafu, he has still been a big positive for the Cardinals.
7 – Hands down, Kelvin Beachum has the biggest butt in the NFL. Just saying.
I'll take your word for it. Beachum is a good Cardinal.
8 – Matt Prater was singlehandedly responsibility for minus seven points. I guess he was overdue for a bad game, but my nerves did not have to be that tortured during this game.
This happens with kickers. Hopefully its not the beginning of the end ala Phil Dawson.
9 – Seattle: 2-10 on 3rd downs.

Arizona: second best 3rd down defense in the NFL.

Credit: Vance Joseph and Brentson Buckner.
Its partly good defense, partly horrific offensive playcalling, partly horrific execution.

Vances defense plays better with a lead.
10 – Just a little perspective: Before you freak out about Zaven Collins’ hide-and-seek game, it is not exactly like the rest of the first-round rookies from #16 and down have been All Pro’s. Yes, in this day and age, there are no “give them three year”-freebie’s for early picked rookies, and they should produce from day one, but it is not like Keim have completely bombed this.
I'm not worried even a little bit. Zaven has flashed at times when he has played. I'd guess that he is making too many mental errors that fans don't see.

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm a Byron Murphy fan. He's a really good #2 corner. Not knocking him, but I still don't want him one-on-one against true #1 receivers, but he can still hold his own with good safety help.

I agree, Krang. Murphy and Wilson are playing really well, but I still think they need a third guy. Robert Alford is fine, but he can easily be upgraded. If this was the offseason, I would still call cornerback one of their biggest needs.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This morning Florio has the Cards back at #1 in his crummy power rankings, but the comment is "must avoid going to Green Bay for a playoff game at all costs". Apparently he hasn't noticed that the Cards are undefeated on the road with all wins by double-digits. The way this year has gone, I'd rather see that game wind up there than at home if in fact they do have to face them.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This morning Florio has the Cards back at #1 in his crummy power rankings, but the comment is "must avoid going to Green Bay for a playoff game at all costs". Apparently he hasn't noticed that the Cards are undefeated on the road with all wins by double-digits. The way this year has gone, I'd rather see that game wind up there than at home if in fact they do have to face them.
Out of all places I'd want to play a playoff game, Lambeau would be last.

Here's hoping L.A. is our only road game.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Yup. In the playoffs. No sarcasm.
I'd rather have a bye and play less games. Failing that, I'd rather have home field advantage, because as it has been noted many times, we actually DO have a home field advantage in the playoffs. I'd rather our warm-weather team with our QB that has no real history of winning in cold-weather games, not play in Lambeau in the winter.

Why in the world would you WANT us to do that?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd rather have a bye and play less games. Failing that, I'd rather have home field advantage, because as it has been noted many times, we actually DO have a home field advantage in the playoffs. I'd rather our warm-weather team with our QB that has no real history of winning in cold-weather games, not play in Lambeau in the winter.

Why in the world would you WANT us to do that?
I think having home/road field advantage in previous years is irrelevant. Those teams are not this team. Until this team shows they can dominate at home consistently like they have on the road, I’d rather go on the road. If that means going on the road to big-bad Lambeau in January, so be it.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I think having home/road field advantage in previous years is irrelevant. Those teams are not this team. Until this team shows they can dominate at home consistently like they have on the road, I’d rather go on the road. If that means going on the road to big-bad Lambeau in January, so be it.
I think you're nuts--or, I should say, I think your opinion is--but I've had too many left-field takes to go nuts naysaying you. Fair enough.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would much rather play the packers here since I get to go. I would like our chances at either venue. But slightly better here.

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The home and away difference of this team is very strange. Their best games have been on the road and their worst games, including the 2 and almost 3rd loss, have been at home. I'm getting to the point where I'm much more confident with them on the road than I am when they're at home.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose