15 thoughts - Seahawks game

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
1 – How ‘bout that Brett Hundley?

2 – If Chandler Jones played on a team with more exposure he would be very high in the discussion for Defensive Player of the Year. Leads the NFL in both sacks and forced fumbles. That’s wild.

He has got to do something about that sack dance, though. Horrible.

3 – Most rushing yards given up by Seattle since 2010. Legion of Doom.

4 – It sure looks like they have founded a dangerous return man in Pharoh Cooper.

5 – Is Kyler Murray actually a better scrambling quarterback than Russell Wilson? I don’t know, but neither do I think you would be hospitalized if you claimed that he is.

6 – Good game by Chris Jones.

7 – Obviously they are hit very hard by injuries on the defensive line, and thus are playing second- and third stringers, but still, Caraun Reid should not be on a NFL field.

8 – Caption this:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I am going “12´s? More like 54’s. Bye bye. Drive home safely. Merry Christmas”.

9 – I don’t know if I have ever seen a better play caller at scripting plays than Kingsbury.

10 – Very good game by the offensive line.

11 – Last week I was described as a Keim protagonist, but I don’t think I am. I see all the mistakes just like you. I think I just view it in another perspective. I don’t think he will be released, so I don’t understand why you would keep trying to find the negatives. I mean, we will all support the team no matter what, so why not try to find the positives and enjoy and have fun with the team instead of being annoyed and grumpy with them all the time? Of course, if you believe he will get fired it is a completely different situation.

Anyway, I guess Keim is relevant in this column every week, and I wanted to get this in here before Black Monday where I suppose many will ask for his release. Forget about all his mistakes for a moment. What about Murray and Kingsbury if Keim is fired? Combining those two are a project, and probably not one that everyone would try to make. I am pretty sure Mr. Bidwill would not allow for another total rebuild, but do you want a new general manager that are working under restrictions like that?

I am pretty surprised of how many are willing to completely reboot again.

12 – Great game by Patrick Peterson again. People still wants to get rid of him?

13 – Zero receptions on five targets for Kirk. Ugh.

14 – When the starting quarterback goes down, you always see him put on a headset to be in the backup’s ears. Kyler Murray knows the offense better than everyone not named Kingsbury – and he knew the actual field play in this particular game better than anyone – so why didn’t he get a headset when he went out? There can be several good reasons, but just an observation.

15 – Don’t worry, the Niners can still miss out on winning the division.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have a couple of thoughts as well.

Reddick is showing he has some pass rush skills or at least speed and quickness. He may earn a spot on the team yet.

Budda Baker is a hitting machine, he is winning me over.

Good observation on KM not staying involved, that is a concern.

I got on PP about several things but I am impressed with his play the last two weeks. Heard that he talked to his teammates about the 58 to 0 game in Seattle a couple of years ago and the team did seem very fired up.

When the Seahawks blocked the FG I admit I lost my mind. Here we go again, how can the Cards always find a way to lose. Then they hold them to a FG and win with their back up QB.

When KM was hurt I thought the silver lining would be seeing Hundley play and it was a pleasant surprise.

I know the win hurts our draft slotting but beating the Seahawks makes it more than worth it to me.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My observations.

jalen Thompson is going to be a fixture in our secondary.

kudos to VJ. Whether by design or accident the defense had a wonderful controlled rush on Wilson. Kept him in the “ box” almost to perfection.

kudos to KK improvising his offensive philosophy as this season has worn on. Surprised not a lot has been said of the red zone offense. It has improved dramatically. Keep utilizing the Te Coach!

Love the Drake. Yards after contact are outstanding. So much more effective than the DJ bend over and fall straight down method. We have to find a way to keep him.

pharoah Cooper is that pesky kind of guy you want on your team.

Larry is the legend. Nothing more needs to be said.

Can this o-line actually be getting better to the point of respectable?

Chandler, you are special!

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

2 – If Chandler Jones played on a team with more exposure he would be very high in the discussion for Defensive Player of the Year. Leads the NFL in both sacks and forced fumbles. That’s wild.

4 – It sure looks like they have founded a dangerous return man in Pharoh Cooper.

5 – Is Kyler Murray actually a better scrambling quarterback than Russell Wilson? I don’t know, but neither do I think you would be hospitalized if you claimed that he is.

7 – Obviously they are hit very hard by injuries on the defensive line, and thus are playing second- and third stringers, but still, Caraun Reid should not be on a NFL field.

8 – Caption this:

9 – I don’t know if I have ever seen a better play caller at scripting plays than Kingsbury.

11 – Last week I was described as a Keim protagonist, but I don’t think I am. I see all the mistakes just like you. I think I just view it in another perspective. I don’t think he will be released, so I don’t understand why you would keep trying to find the negatives. I mean, we will all support the team no matter what, so why not try to find the positives and enjoy and have fun with the team instead of being annoyed and grumpy with them all the time? Of course, if you believe he will get fired it is a completely different situation.

Anyway, I guess Keim is relevant in this column every week, and I wanted to get this in here before Black Monday where I suppose many will ask for his release. Forget about all his mistakes for a moment. What about Murray and Kingsbury if Keim is fired? Combining those two are a project, and probably not one that everyone would try to make. I am pretty sure Mr. Bidwill would not allow for another total rebuild, but do you want a new general manager that are working under restrictions like that?

12 – Great game by Patrick Peterson again. People still wants to get rid of him?

14 – When the starting quarterback goes down, you always see him put on a headset to be in the backup’s ears. Kyler Murray knows the offense better than everyone not named Kingsbury – and he knew the actual field play in this particular game better than anyone – so why didn’t he get a headset when he went out? There can be several good reasons, but just an observation.

5. Kyler Murray is younger, probably faster than Wilson was in his younger yrs. Shorter (pun not intended lol) quicker steps.

6. I agree. Damn good game by Chris Jones. If he plays well against the Rams, he will more than likely be kept?

9. KK is excellent but Bill Walsh was the master at it. Not only at scripting them, just seeing what the defense was doing, then telling his offense to do this this & this & you will be wide open. I heard Dwight Clark say that about Bill Walsh, he said he was right every time, we would be wide open. Didn't hurt that he had Jerry Rice, John Taylor, Roger Craig, Joe Montana & many others lol.

10. All because of Sean Kuglers tutelage, he is one of the best, hope we can keep him?

11. I've given SK props for many things he got right. KK, KM & Sean Kugler. Although it was a need at the time, signing Drake was a big get for him. He has said since, Drake was on the FA radar, thought he fit in this offense? Easy to say after the Halloween game though lol.

13. Imo, Cooper & Byrd are as sure handed as Kirk. Not to say Kirk is hot garbage. I know they don't get targeted as often as Kirk but if he has multiple games like that (0 receptions) next season, then he could possibly get benched for drops? It kills me that some people think Larry isn't worth the money. He's the most sure handed WR we have. Perfect examples. Both TD's Sunday. I say both because the one that got overturned was indeed a TD. The other one, he jabbed at it, stopped it, caught it, then was hell bent on taking it in. What other 36 yr old would do that? None.

Last edited:

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

8 – Caption this:

14... because we only have one green cap :)

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
5. Kyler Murray is younger, probably faster than Wilson was in his younger yrs. Shorter (pun not intended lol) quicker steps.

6. I agree. Damn good game by Chris Jones. If he plays well against the Rams, he will more than likely be kept?

9. KK is excellent but Bill Walsh was the master at it. Not only at scripting them, just seeing what the defense was doing, then telling his offense to do this this & this & you will be wide open. I heard Dwight Clark say that about Bill Walsh, he said he was right every time, we would be wide open. Didn't hurt that he had Jerry Rice, John Taylor, Roger Craig, Joe Montana & many others lol.

10. All because of Sean Kuglers tutelage, he is one of the best, hope we can keep him?

11. I've given SK props for many things he got right. KK, KM & Sean Kugler. Although it was a need at the time, signing Drake was a big get for him. He has said since, Drake was on the FA radar, thought he fit in this offense? Easy to say after the Halloween game though lol.

13. Imo, Cooper & Byrd are as sure handed as Kirk. Not to say Kirk is hot garbage. I know they don't get targeted as often as Kirk but if he has multiple games like that (0 receptions) next season, then he could possibly get benched for drops? It kills me that some people think Larry isn't worth the money. He's the most sure handed WR we have. Perfect examples. Both TD's Sunday. I say both because the one that got overturned was indeed a TD. The other one, he jabbed at it, stopped it, caught it, then was hell bent on taking it in. What other 36 yr old would do that? None.

Steve Smith Sr. is one of the older WRs who would have done that

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
#7-Reid played a lot more than Kerr and was part of a defense that shut down Seattle. Have no idea of his game (Sea) rating, but I wouldn't kick him to the curb, until I see some numbers.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It kills me that some people think Larry isn't worth the money. He's the most sure handed WR we have.

I couldn't agree more. Until the FO finds some players that can take his place, just what the heck is the immediate plan in letting him go?? Larry has never had a game in his entire career that was as bad as Kirk's in Seattle. But, yeah we should kick him to the curb because he's lost a step, can't get separation and gets paid too much and even though the current situation is a WR wasteland and leaves the team with squat, it's time for him to go. I tell you, I'm just not feelin' it.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

8 – Caption this:

Normally the QB tells the Backup how to read the D. Now, a Rookie like Murray isn't probably any help to Hundley at the moment. So basically there was no need for him. Since even the O change some nuances with Hundley in play and Murray out. It was more QB Runs less passing and so. So probalby KK didn't need any help by Murray on this one. In 2-3 Years with another young QB maybe. But with Hundley that has already started in the NFL and has as much knowledge on the O as any other player on the field, I don't think Murray could have helped him.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a couple of thoughts as well.

Reddick is showing he has some pass rush skills or at least speed and quickness. He may earn a spot on the team yet.

Budda Baker is a hitting machine, he is winning me over.

Good observation on KM not staying involved, that is a concern.

I got on PP about several things but I am impressed with his play the last two weeks. Heard that he talked to his teammates about the 58 to 0 game in Seattle a couple of years ago and the team did seem very fired up.

When the Seahawks blocked the FG I admit I lost my mind. Here we go again, how can the Cards always find a way to lose. Then they hold them to a FG and win with their back up QB.

When KM was hurt I thought the silver lining would be seeing Hundley play and it was a pleasant surprise.

I know the win hurts our draft slotting but beating the Seahawks makes it more than worth it to me.
Between those reports on pp21, some mic'd up clips and other things I've seen... I get the impression that he is 100% in and building for the future of the D, at least for next year. He seems fully committed to his leadership role.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
IReddick is showing he has some pass rush skills or at least speed and quickness. He may earn a spot on the team yet.

Great point, Cardiac! I always has more than 15 points to these posts, and one of the last I deleted this time was actually about Reddick and how he played a fine game.

I completely agree. Who cares? There will still be a good player to them when they are on the clock.

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It kills me that some people think Larry isn't worth the money. He's the most sure handed WR we have. Perfect examples. Both TD's Sunday. I say both because the one that got overturned was indeed a TD. The other one, he jabbed at it, stopped it, caught it, then was hell bent on taking it in. What other 36 yr old would do that? None.

I actually thought some about that, CFL. If I could handpick my own dream receiver corps (let’s say five players), I would have Fitzgerald on it. And yes, Julio Jones, Beckham, Nuuk Hopkins and others are better (and would be in the corps too), but Fitzgerald is such a reliable target.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
#16- The Cardinals might need a new punter next year. I'm officially worried about Andy Lee.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score

8 – Caption this:

What I wrote on August 9, “I thought Hundley looked good at the backup spot. I had endorsed that signing. He’s the right guy for the system. He won’t wow you but he’s solid.“
4 fully agree, should have already been extended; could someone wake up SK!
10 best game of the season
12 will prove very hard to resign & keep motivated
13 he has not grown; major concern
14 worries me too, it’s like he’s saying he doesn’t need any coaching opinions as to what the defense is doing; mistake

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
13 he has not grown; major concern

I agree, Harry, and it is pretty worrisome. He will have his great game once in a while, but other times he will get outplayed by relatively unknown guys like Damiere Byrd and Pharoh Cooper. I think Kirk should definitely be back next year – which he will – but I also think it would be the right decision to start look for other options.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ghandi - I always look fwd to your post-game write-ups..

One thing I haven''t figured out is whether a solid performance by a Cardinal player (like Cooper)? is a one-time flash in the pan or whether it's a function of being coached-up.

I wonder if there's a way to track each player to gauge his improvement from game to game over the season.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Ghandi - I always look fwd to your post-game write-ups..

One thing I haven''t figured out is whether a solid performance by a Cardinal player (like Cooper)? is a one-time flash in the pan or whether it's a function of being coached-up.

I wonder if there's a way to track each player to gauge his improvement from game to game over the season.
Cooper is perplexing. I’m thinking it may be confidence. He usually was a decent returner, but he’s never looked this good at WR. That reaching back catch he made against Seattle showed a new skill level. Frankly I’m not too worried about why, as I think it’s a lasting change.

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Jeff, do you have anyone other than Cooper in mind? I don't think we can judge it as a generel thing, as each case will obviously be different, but overall I believe in the coaching staff, and I do think they can coach up a lot of players.