15 thoughts - Seahawks game

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
1 – Congratulation Carson Palmer!

Congratulation Larry Fitzgerald!

2 – I don’t judge Keim yet. Months ago we all knew this was going to be a project, and it would be unfair to judge it after only four weeks. We knew what we was getting ourselves into, you could say.

3 – Very often do you see star players go out in not so impressive ways. I am not saying that Terrell Suggs is necessarily on his way to ending his career, but I feel so happy for him that he is still a monster. Don’t get me wrong – there’s no luck in it. He has certainly earned it. When they signed him I just worried that it would be a bad experience.

4 – Why do they keep substituting right tackles, Jordan Mills and Justin Murray. Stop doing that!

5 – The general thought is that you need great pass rushers so that you can stop the quarterback before he hurts you, right? Well, a couple of years ago a trend slowly started that your secondary was the most important unit on the defense, because you could manufacturer pass rush by covering really well on the backend. The idea is to counter the advantage offensive coordinators have gotten due to how quickly quarterbacks get the ball away nowadays, which kind of eliminates the pass rush. Thus, by covering all of their weapons you are forcing the quarterback to hold on to the ball longer = your pass rushers has more time to get there. So, long story short, where is Patrick Peterson when you need him? Why did he have to screw up?

6 – Tight end Maxx Williams has played well. Nice pickup.

7 – I thought I could hear a lot of Seahawks fans in the stadium? Now, I don’t know if that is true, because there is obviously various reservations when it is coming from a TV, but If it is correct, I think it would certainly be fair. I assume that the money you could earn from selling your tickets would make a big difference to many people and their families. Sure, it would be nice to have Cards-fans show up in spades and protect the home turf, but it is only sports. It’s not like those fans don’t care. Let’s get some perspective.

Don’t feel bad if you sold your ticket. Michael Bidwill did this.

8 – Now Kyler Murray has lost as many games in the NFL as he lost in high school and college combined.

9 – David Johnson in April 2017:

"Basically, I can get better in all aspects," he said, "but mainly I want to get better at the pass protection. I definitely missed a lot of blocks and missed a lot of linebackers and hurt Carson (Palmer), got him sacked or rush the throw."

David Johnson several times in September 2019:

“Woops. Sorry, Kyler.”

The lack of improvement is unacceptable.

10 – Oh boy, what if that injury holds Kirk out for some time? What to do then? You could argue that Byrd coming back would be an equal substitution quantity-wise, but is that really good enough? Are you bringing free agent Pharoh Cooper back? Are you trading for someone?

11 – First I was annoyed by seeing defensive tackle Jonathan Bullard play with Dockett’s #90. Come on, don’t give that number to a journeyman. It was fair with a supremely talented first round pick like Nkemdiche, but show it a little more respect than handing it insensitively to a guy who then played 18% of the defensive snaps in week 1, and was inactive for the next two weeks. But then Bullard played well, played 54% of the defensive snaps, and supplanted Zach Allen as the primary defensive end. So for at least a week I will shut up with my number-complaining.

12 – Fringe players gets cut for less than making a huge drop in a potentially decisive moment. Trent Sherfield gets promoted to key contributor.

13 – It was obviously a point of emphasis to get David Johnson more involved. That seems like a reasonable idea.

14 – I don’t think the safety tandem of Swearinger and Baker has been doing that well, and now I see that Swearinger has been let go. Do you find two new safeties and move Budda Baker to nickel back? I liked him there previously. If so, do you deploy one or both of the Thompson´s? I still think it would be fascinating to bring in free agent Eric Berry.

15 – The NFL has changed. Now it is absolutely fair to expect first- and second round draft picks to contribute right away. Andy Isabella’s contribution is unacceptable.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
RE: #7 our group sold 4 of our 12 tickets on stubhub, since the new digital tickets make it hard to sell any other way, and surprisingly all 4 were bought by Cards fans. I was actually surprised there were not more Seattle fans at the game.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
RE: #7 our group sold 4 of our 12 tickets on stubhub, since the new digital tickets make it hard to sell any other way, and surprisingly all 4 were bought by Cards fans. I was actually surprised there were not more Seattle fans at the game.

Unfortunately, we won't be making out to the ATL home game, so I will be listing mine on the ticket exchange. Hopefully they will sell to some Cards fans as well.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1 – Congratulation Carson Palmer!

Congratulation Larry Fitzgerald!

2 – I don’t judge Keim yet. Months ago we all knew this was going to be a project, and it would be unfair to judge it after only four weeks. We knew what we was getting ourselves into, you could say.

3 – Very often do you see star players go out in not so impressive ways. I am not saying that Terrell Suggs is necessarily on his way to ending his career, but I feel so happy for him that he is still a monster. Don’t get me wrong – there’s no luck in it. He has certainly earned it. When they signed him I just worried that it would be a bad experience.

4 – Why do they keep substituting right tackles, Jordan Mills and Justin Murray. Stop doing that!

5 – The general thought is that you need great pass rushers so that you can stop the quarterback before he hurts you, right? Well, a couple of years ago a trend slowly started that your secondary was the most important unit on the defense, because you could manufacturer pass rush by covering really well on the backend. The idea is to counter the advantage offensive coordinators have gotten due to how quickly quarterbacks get the ball away nowadays, which kind of eliminates the pass rush. Thus, by covering all of their weapons you are forcing the quarterback to hold on to the ball longer = your pass rushers has more time to get there. So, long story short, where is Patrick Peterson when you need him? Why did he have to screw up?

6 – Tight end Maxx Williams has played well. Nice pickup.

7 – I thought I could hear a lot of Seahawks fans in the stadium? Now, I don’t know if that is true, because there is obviously various reservations when it is coming from a TV, but If it is correct, I think it would certainly be fair. I assume that the money you could earn from selling your tickets would make a big difference to many people and their families. Sure, it would be nice to have Cards-fans show up in spades and protect the home turf, but it is only sports. It’s not like those fans don’t care. Let’s get some perspective.

Don’t feel bad if you sold your ticket. Michael Bidwill did this.

8 – Now Kyler Murray has lost as many games in the NFL as he lost in high school and college combined.

9 – David Johnson in April 2017:

"Basically, I can get better in all aspects," he said, "but mainly I want to get better at the pass protection. I definitely missed a lot of blocks and missed a lot of linebackers and hurt Carson (Palmer), got him sacked or rush the throw."

David Johnson several times in September 2019:

“Woops. Sorry, Kyler.”

The lack of improvement is unacceptable.

10 – Oh boy, what if that injury holds Kirk out for some time? What to do then? You could argue that Byrd coming back would be an equal substitution quantity-wise, but is that really good enough? Are you bringing free agent Pharoh Cooper back? Are you trading for someone?

11 – First I was annoyed by seeing defensive tackle Jonathan Bullard play with Dockett’s #90. Come on, don’t give that number to a journeyman. It was fair with a supremely talented first round pick like Nkemdiche, but show it a little more respect than handing it insensitively to a guy who then played 18% of the defensive snaps in week 1, and was inactive for the next two weeks. But then Bullard played well, played 54% of the defensive snaps, and supplanted Zach Allen as the primary defensive end. So for at least a week I will shut up with my number-complaining.

12 – Fringe players gets cut for less than making a huge drop in a potentially decisive moment. Trent Sherfield gets promoted to key contributor.

13 – It was obviously a point of emphasis to get David Johnson more involved. That seems like a reasonable idea.

14 – I don’t think the safety tandem of Swearinger and Baker has been doing that well, and now I see that Swearinger has been let go. Do you find two new safeties and move Budda Baker to nickel back? I liked him there previously. If so, do you deploy one or both of the Thompson´s? I still think it would be fascinating to bring in free agent Eric Berry.

15 – The NFL has changed. Now it is absolutely fair to expect first- and second round draft picks to contribute right away. Andy Isabella’s contribution is unacceptable.

most of the stadium is owned by scalpers.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Unfortunately, we won't be making out to the ATL home game, so I will be listing mine on the ticket exchange. Hopefully they will sell to some Cards fans as well.
FYI-We have had better success on stubhub, I think the fees are less for the buyers,. You can get the needed barcode for stubhub listing from the ticket details in account manger, click on the particular game.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Years ago Seattle set up ticket sales so that only local fans could buy them, had to have 206 or 254 area codes on phones.
we do that for single game tickets. Might even do it for season tickets. But, season tickets are mostly owned by scalping companies that could easily get a local area code.

No different than tool selling out in 30 minutes and then stubhub being flooded with tickets except football is far more consistent to make money from.

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Of course that is even better!

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I thought that David Johnson, who led the team in receiving, played pretty well. About 140 yards combined.

I agree. Johnson is dangerous once through the line. He'd be a monster with an OL that could open a hole. Doesn't have quick feet & quick burst, so KK needs to know what plays work best for DJ. Edmonds conversely hits the hole quicker, with a little more wiggle. K1 needs to continue to find DJ in the flats. That's where he's most dangerous. DJ almost took two of those passes to the house. With our struggles in the red zone, we need to score on plays originating outside of the red zone. Once in the red zone, D's have too much of an advantage with our weak OL.

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I thought that David Johnson, who led the team in receiving, played pretty well. About 140 yards combined.

I did not want to insinuate that he did not play well, Garth, because I too think he did. It was just trying to put out his shortcomings in pass protection.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose