15 thoughts - Rosen vs. Murray

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Just going by the “chart” a equal trade would be the raiders 4,27, and a swap of our 33 for their 37. Just sayin.

Slandrian, the picture shows a chart that is – in my opinion – more accurate because it calculates the pick value based on all draft trades including only draft picks from 2011 through 2016. Unfortunately that exclude trades from 2017 and 2018, but I think it is still more fair than the old Jimmy Johnson-chart, and also, in neither of the last two drafts the top pick were traded, so that does not influence the chart.

As you can see, according to the chart, even the Raiders’ three first round picks would not be enough. That said, in his explanation of how the chart is constructed (click here to read it), the author specifically mentions that there is no pattern in the trades of top five picks, and that the value has to be determined from year to year.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Apparently Rosen is officially on the trading block. This is according to 247 Sports so take it with a grain of salt.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe is not about how much they like Murray but how much they dont like Rosen
Obviously they know things we don't know, they aren't crazy

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It has been repeated 8 and 4 and quite frankly I don’t know which one is right. There’s that before June after June thing. But if we keep both how much do we save by cutting Glennon?
Good question. I think glennon is gone no matter what unless it’s totally financially unfeesible. I expect Case Keenum to be our backup if he doesn’t land a starting gig somewhere.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why cut Glennon..he is a more than capable fill-in/backup.Glennon played okay when he saw action and a veteran backup never hurts.
Because almost all new offensive coaches want to bring in a backup who knows their system. See Stanton w/ BA.

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
According to Charlie Casserly so an iceberg sized grain of salt.

The same guy who has ripped Mahomes in the past. Casserly maybe speaking the truth, but he also maybe pushing BS on behalf of people like Gruden that don't want to trade into the #1 spot to get Murray.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Gruden: I am not the kind of guy that asks for a favor after doing a favor...

Casserly: I don't know Jon. This is all sounds made up and BS about Kyler Murray

Gruden: Look once you say it on TV, I'll take you to Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles. My treat. Just think, man, that Roscoe's special, smothered in gravy and onions. Get a side of red beans and rice. Umm, that's some good eatin'

Casserly: How long is this TV segment?

UK Cardinal

Reaction score
I'm sure Kyler wasn't all bad in the interviews and a team is just trying to lower his stock, but the bad leadership is clear to see!

His media interview at the combine seemed off and his TV appearances before the Superbowl were just embarrassing for a potential leader of an NFL franchise, couldn't answer simple questions on his own

I don't know if Josh is the guy or not yet but Kyler just seems to be way to risky in a must win draft class

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm sure Kyler wasn't all bad in the interviews and a team is just trying to lower his stock, but the bad leadership is clear to see!

His media interview at the combine seemed off and his TV appearances before the Superbowl were just embarrassing for a potential leader of an NFL franchise, couldn't answer simple questions on his own

I don't know if Josh is the guy or not yet but Kyler just seems to be way to risky in a must win draft class

Murray definitely does not have the dynamic interview personality of guys like Mahomes or Mayfield. Given everything the Cardinals have already invested in Rosen (3 draft picks, $10+ million) and the opportunity cost of not drafting other spots on the team (defense, OL, etc)...there are a lot of great reasons for them to stick with Rosen here.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good question. I think glennon is gone no matter what unless it’s totally financially unfeesible. I expect Case Keenum to be our backup if he doesn’t land a starting gig somewhere.

We betting or not? Or is the report that your boy is not so football smart scaring you away?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The national media is falling for it. If you want to trade the pick, YOU HAVE TO SHOP ROSEN.

You have to create the illusion that you are taking Murray.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A really big grain of salt
Hence the disclaimer. According to them, it was brought up on NFL Network. But here it is being reported by CBS Sports: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...m-says-the-cardinals-are-shopping-josh-rosen/

Former NFL general manager Charley Casserly, also of NFL Network, added to speculation of an Arizona future without Rosen, however, saying later Tuesday that he spoke with one team that "confirmed the Cardinals are shopping Josh Rosen."

I take it as this, like the #1 pick, the Cards are going to field offers in a multiple of directions. If they're not blown away by a trade offer then they don't trade him. This might go up until it's time to make the selection.

I also would like to throw in that Kyler Murray is not #1 pick material.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Def betting. What’s it going to be? Avatar? Bar tab? My children’s college education?
Scroll through your alerts bro I already listed what we should do it if it’s acceptable to you I quoted one of your posts

NYCARDS

Registered
Reaction score
Hence the disclaimer. According to them, it was brought up on NFL Network. But here it is being reported by CBS Sports: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...m-says-the-cardinals-are-shopping-josh-rosen/

I take it as this, like the #1 pick, the Cards are going to field offers in a multiple of directions. If they're not blown away by a trade offer then they don't trade him. This might go up until it's time to make the selection.

I also would like to throw in that Kyler Murray is not #1 pick material.

Put me down as Murray not being #1 pick material as well. All the talk about KK being so high on Murray has me a little concerning our HC now too

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Apparently Rosen is officially on the trading block. This is according to 247 Sports so take it with a grain of salt.

That would only go against Rich Eisen’s sourced information that the team has told Rosen that he’s the guy.

In other words, a lot of misinformation out there.

The only thing I’m certain of is that the #1 pick is for sale to the highest bidder. Keim has made that abundantly clear. Everything else is speculation.

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The only thing I’m certain of is that the #1 pick is for sale to the highest bidder. Keim has made that abundantly clear. Everything else is speculation.

Not to the highest bidder, but to a high enough bid. It always is. It would be downright stupid by a general manager to say otherwise and not at least look at the potential offers. Maybe someone would completely blow you away.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose