15 thoughts - draft

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Gandhi, May 14, 2021.

1. SECTION 11

SECTION 11 vibraslap

If I were built like an offensive lineman and had to deal with that, the good and the bad, growing up, I would be interested in it also.

2. Gandhi

Gandhi Registered

I know you are joking, Gimpy, but honestly, I do actually care about off-field-things like that. :) I like to root for players that I sympathize with, for whatever reason. In fact, I am not nearly as negative to Keim because of his team building-abilities as I am because he got a DUI.

gimpy likes this.
  3. Gandhi

Gandhi Registered

I too fully expect him to be cut. I would even go as far as to say that I would be shocked if he is not.

Cardsfaninlouky likes this.
  4. Gandhi

Gandhi Registered

Thank you, GC! It seems like something I would not have majored in. :D

5. Gandhi

Gandhi Registered

I absolutely agree, Garth, but I think you still hear the “you can’t judge a draft class right after the draft.” Okay, I think you are right that three years might be an exaggeration, but the idea that, for example, this post comes too soon, I do think that narrative is out there, and I don't agree with that.

Garthshort likes this.
  6. CardLogic

CardLogic .

It's not so much that a draft can't be evaluated and graded soon after its occurrence, as that the grade will rarely be the same as one given three years hence. Both; grading immediate and three years hence; have their own value and meaning.
    We can only hope so! And that it also lasts for a longer period.:stick: (I'm still dismayed over Daryl Washington's selfishness!)
    Taken from an article at azcardinals.com: {Dimukeje is interested in physical therapy and went to Duke thinking he'd attend medical school, which is still among his long-term goals.
    Right now, "I'm just focused on football, playing as long as possible," he (Dimukeje) said.}

If for no other reason than my own sanity, I also believe Moore is nothing like Isabella! Yes, they are both short, fast, wide receivers; and the comparison ends there.
    Michal Menet was a three year starter/two year team captain at Penn State. Technically sound, with decent mass and strength. But he has shorter than ideal arms and sluggish feet. So think of a larger version of A. Q. Shipley. Adequate, not great!
    Here's to hoping Marco Wilson is the steal of the draft!

:cheers:

daves likes this.
  7. BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan Go for it Contributor

Why the red print?

8. Stout

Stout Hold onto the ball, Murray!

Good stuff as always, Gandhi, and well thought out. My thoughts:

#3: Unfortunately, not getting a day-one contributor RB (a late-round nobody likely wouldn't have been a difference maker) at RB is going to haunt us. I don't think we have enough when the RB room is healthy, let alone when the inevitable injury woes occur. I know, this is a shocking opinion on my part :D

#5: He's a tiny tank that throws track all the time, meaning he can't depend on his wheels. Even IF he's got the size to succeed in the NFL--and he might not--he has huge durability issues. Not a good combo, for me. It sounds great to hear sound bites like, "How tall is fast?" How about, "How fast is injured?" or "How fast is 260lb linebacker laying you out?" Can't fault the kid for his attitude. I just hope his play backs it up. I have doubts.

#6: Ditto! Also, I'll take an underrated PSU center any day of the week :)

#10: I'm rooting so hard for this kid. I mean, we are desperate for any kind of warm body at TE, granted, due to mishandling the position thus far, but I would have been behind this kid no matter what. What a great story, and how much better will it be if he makes the team?

9. CardLogic

CardLogic .

Simply makes it easier distinguish between quoted post and response; particularly when multiple sections.

10. BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan Go for it Contributor

Just curious

Everyone else does it in regular print and we all get it

11. Gandhi

Gandhi Registered

Stout, I think it is very likely to get good production from less profiled runningbacks and I would personally not invest a lot into the position. I believe that it is much more about the blocking, and I think the Cards have at least an above average offensive line. Plus the threat of Murray running himself. I think they will be fine with the ones they have in the squad now.

That is certainly a good point. He is no good if he is not available, and since he has almost not played for two years, your argument is definitely valid.

Stout and Krangthebrain like this.