15 thoughts - draft

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Gandhi, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Shane

Shane Current STAR Contributor

nobody is trading for Andy Isabella

2. juza76

juza76 Registered

About Kirk there is not need to trade him, he is in the last year of his contract, he is a 700/800 yards guy and we couldn't get more then a fourth for him, so I would prefer to keep him

For Isabella, at best u can get a 7th round pick

daves likes this.
  3. BritCard

BritCard Registered

He dropped into coverage a total of 4 times in his college career. I'm not saying he can't do it, he's a good athlete, but he doesn't have a lot of experience doing it which will be a concern for many in todays NFL.

Garthshort and Ohcrap75 like this.
  4. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

If true that’s an alarming lack of data regarding something upon which I’d base drafting him.

5. Ouchie-Z-Clown

He had five pass breakups, so I’m heavily doubting the “4” claim. Are you meaning man-to-man coverage verses dropping back into zone coverage?

Stout likes this.
  6. Krangthebrain

Krangthebrain Captain of Team Murray

I'd play Micah Parsons as an edge in our system. His size/speed ratio could turn him into a top sack guy. That's why I WOULD heavily consider him.

7. BritCard

BritCard Registered

Yes, man coverage responsibilities.

As a LB in the NFL you have to be able to cover a TE or RB at least.

8. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Unless your team deploys heavy inside zone scheme.

9. AZCrazy

AZCrazy Registered

I wasn't defending Keim. Just saying that those charts measure nothing.

Keim's charts have been terrible. We tend to have a proximity bias where we only are aware of what Keim does. Every GM's drafts suck, if you're looking for a player to come out of every pick. I'd say Keim's drafts have been fairly average except in the first round where he hasn't come through with a whole lot of guaranteed players.

Jonathan Cooper. Supposed to be one of the best ever. Seemed like a solid pick, but there's no metric for how a guy responds when the chips are down.

Deone Bucannon. Solid pick at the time. They seemed to be reinventing NFL defensed for the first few years, based on the plaudits of the national media. Turns out they just kept playing him in the wrong place. 6'0", 210 isn't a middle linebacker. He would have been a savage strong safety, which he was in college. This one may be more on the coaching. Guys tend to fall in love with their own plans.

DJ Humphries. Starting long term left tackle. Not a Hall of Famer probably, but he's been the first successful first round pick the Cards have made on the offensive line sine the early 80's.

Robert Nkdemiche. First round dropper who fell into our laps. The critique on him at that time was that he had limited production for unlimited potential. Turns out they were right. Seemed to be happy not to have a second contract.

Haason Reddick. This one was a reach that seemed to turn out in the end. He was the other kid who was played out of position for years until they cut that crap out and he finally flourished. He wasn't a genius, but they still made him learn a different position every year. He popped well and he's gone so that we could hang on to Golden. Probably even up trade

Josh Rosen. Well, there were four big quarterbacks that year and we needed one, so we traded up to get the last of them. I remember being happy at the time. Rosen hasn't worked out anywhere he's been yet, but this poor guy can't seem to find a team that isn't tanking. He was forced to work in the Wilks/McCoy year, with a fully injured Offensive Line. I'm amazed he won 3 games. Anyway, Keim showed a bit of mettle the next year.

Kyler Murray. First time ever holding the top pick. Other than his height, Murray was the complete package and has played largely like it in his two years. Took the team from three wins to five to eight, and would have had more if we had a reliable kicking game. Pretty good outcome so far for a 21 year old rook. Surround him with a good line and some decent skill position players besides Hopkins, and he'll shine.

So about 50% hits on first rounders. Not great, not terrible. A lot of them seemed like excellent picks at the time. Look at most other teams and their first round picks are usually hitting at the same rate. A few have a better run, and they turn into playoff teams.

I think with the addition of Malcolm Butler, our primary need right now is WR. Not a popular opinion but really we've got Hop and some role players. For a high flying Offense, more is necessary.

cardncubfan and Garthshort like this.
  10. kerouac9

kerouac9 Klowned by Keim

You seem to misunderstand what a metric is.

Arz101 likes this.
  11. Arz101

Arz101 Registered

Any takers for this....

I will donate my share for a billboard on I-10 and Warner exit to show this image. Bidwill needs to see this team is the worst in NFL when it comes to drafting under Keim.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

12. oaken1

oaken1 Stone Cold

I would take AVT in a heartbeat

juza76 likes this.
  13. Gandhi

Gandhi Registered

I must say that it excites me that you say that. I thought long about including me in my mock draft (in the fifth round, by the way), but decided against it because I thought “he” was already on the roster and thus that the pick could be used wiser. As I said, I also like Williams in a more general perspective, so if you think there is a place for him (it is not like Keesean Johnson has set the stage on fire, but still…) I would use a pick on him – especially if they don’t get a wide receiver in the two first rounds.

14. Gandhi

Gandhi Registered

You are definitely correct, but I trust in Sean Kugler. And if Anderson fits what Kingsbury wants to do, then it seems to me that it would make good sense. I do think that the two guard spots will be fine, and thus they can bring Anderson along slowly.

This I disagree with. I like Evans a lot, and it has also been reported that several teams are high on him. I expect him to be drafted.

Garthshort likes this.
  15. cardncubfan

cardncubfan H

I'm pretty sure Bidwill already knows & doesn't care.