Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi

Release Date: January 15, 2016
Studio: Paramount Pictures
Director: Michael Bay
MPAA Rating: R (for strong combat violence throughout, bloody images, and language)
Screenwriter: Chuck Hogan
Genre: Drama
Website: ThirteenHoursmovie.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Starring: Pablo Schreiber, John Krasinski, James Badge Dale, David Denman, Max Martini, Dominic Fumusa

Plot Summary: An adaptation of Mitchell Zuckoff's book, officially described as follows: "13 Hours" presents, for the first time ever, the true account of the events of September 11, 2012, when terrorists attacked the US State Department Special Mission Compound and a nearby CIA station called the Annex in Benghazi, Libya. A team of six American security operators fought to repel the attackers and protect the Americans stationed there. Those men went beyond the call of duty, performing extraordinary acts of courage and heroism, to avert tragedy on a much larger scale. This is their personal account, never before told, of what happened during the thirteen hours of that now-infamous attack.

You must be registered for see images attach

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Don't they all die?
Sounds depressing

sent from a fone

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Not really interested in seeing it since the script of the movie relies heavily on Benghazi details that have been debunked a long time ago.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I can't wait for this thread to turn politico, implode and get locked lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I actually enjoyed this. Okay, so I didn't at all enjoy Michael Bay's treatment of the non-action shots...I mean, really, do we need the shaky cam when someone's just walking and talking? Cripes! Still, it served him well in the action sequences. The two surprises for me was how well the human element was played in this one, and how non-political it was. There were hints here and there, of course, but it mainly focused on how it was generally bungled by everyone. Nothing specific. A bit of controversy with one spot, but after reading up on it, I definitely fall in favor of the movie.

The CIA station head insists no one was delayed in the least in being sent out to the ambassador's, while the people on the ground at the CIA annex insisted that the CIA station head delayed them, and that the delay led to the ambassador's death.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The CIA station head insists no one was delayed in the least in being sent out to the ambassador's, while the people on the ground at the CIA annex insisted that the CIA station head delayed them, and that the delay led to the ambassador's death.

The reality is that the CIA Station Chief made the tactical decision to try to get some reinforcements before blindly storming in (See 8 or so investigations). There's disagreement among the participants as to what was said and done on this issue. And it's a bold assumption that any decisions made resulted in the death of the Ambassador.... that's mere conjecture and does not seem to be supported by the evidence.

R/T has now given it a fresh tomato (barely) at 60%, but with a gross at this point of 33.5 million (on a $50 million budget), it doesn't look like many people are going to see it.

Last edited:

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Awful movie chalk full of Michael Bay type dialogue. I almost didn't make it past the first 10 minutes. Cutesy, unfunny, Gilmore-girls esque conversations:

Can you believe Emily is about to start kindergarten?
she dating yet?
Hey you better watch your mouth!
Hey paybacks a B and her stripper names karma!
You come up with that yourself?
I read it on a license plate in mexico! hahaha

That's the most manufactured "thisll make the audience laugh" trash attempt at dialogue ive heard in awhile

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Awful movie chalk full of Michael Bay type dialogue. I almost didn't make it past the first 10 minutes. Cutesy, unfunny, Gilmore-girls esque conversations:

Can you believe Emily is about to start kindergarten?
she dating yet?
Hey you better watch your mouth!
Hey paybacks a B and her stripper names karma!
You come up with that yourself?
I read it on a license plate in mexico! hahaha

That's the most manufactured "thisll make the audience laugh" trash attempt at dialogue ive heard in awhile

Yeah, I actually knew guys in the army who talked like this quite often. Sometimes I'd even get in on it. Meatball behavior at its finest :)

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
It seems dialogue like that is mandatory in every military movie.

This was a nice role for John Krasinski; his biggest that I'm aware of. I never knew he had a small role in Jarhead.

The audience liked this one. I thought it was a decent film.

You must be registered for see images attach