11/23/63 (Hulu)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
J.J. Abrams Will Time Travel With This Stephen King Novel

http://www.cinemablend.com/television/J-J-Abrams-Time-Travel-With-Stephen-King-Novel-67447.html

It’s taken a full 17 months for this news to finally turn into something concrete, but J.J. Abrams and his company Bad Robot Productions are adapting Stephen King’s excellent 2011 novel 11/22/63 into an event series. Of all places, Hulu has stepped in and officially announced a direct-to-series order for the emotionally gripping time travel story that centers on one of the most infamous days in American history: the day that President John F. Kennedy was assassinated.

11/22/63 will be a nine-hour limited series, and is the first collaboration between King and Abrams, who have a mutual admiration for one another, as well as the first deal between Hulu and Warner Bros. Television. Also stepping in as executive producer is Bridget Carpenter, a former writer/producer on shows such as Friday Night Lights and Parenthood. Carpenter will be writing the entire teleplay, which is quite unlike anything she’s worked on in the past.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited by a moderator:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody read the book? I am thinking about picking it up.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I've read it. It's well written, but a little boring. Story is interesting though.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Stumbled across this series on Hulu recently, pretty entertaining show about a guy (James Franco) who travels back in time to try to save JFK. Based upon the Stephen King book.

Seems pretty well done so far. I enjoy seeing all the old cars, clothes, etc. from that era.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Stumbled across this series on Hulu recently, pretty entertaining show about a guy (James Franco) who travels back in time to try to save JFK. Based upon the Stephen King book.

Seems pretty well done so far. I enjoy seeing all the old cars, clothes, etc. from that era.
Haven't seen the show, but I had mixed feelings about the book. Interesting premise and well written, but really nothing happens. It's the least action King book I've ever read. (Bad sentence, but you get the idea)

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Haven't seen the show, but I had mixed feelings about the book. Interesting premise and well written, but really nothing happens. It's the least action King book I've ever read. (Bad sentence, but you get the idea)
I haven't seen the show since it first aired but this is the impression I have from it. It was an interesting premise and start but it didn't really have a great payoff.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The show just completely missed a huge chunk of the plot, which was essential to the story, so I didn't make it very far. It wasn't bad, per se, especially if taken independently from the book, but no. Just no.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The show just completely missed a huge chunk of the plot, which was essential to the story, so I didn't make it very far. It wasn't bad, per se, especially if taken independently from the book, but no. Just no.

That's what you get for reading the book.

:D

Of course, I tend to enjoy stuff that a lot of people don't. I wouldn't make a very good film/media critic.