10 thoughts - Rams game

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
1 – Calm down, guys. The sky is not falling.

2 – American football is easy. If the defensive line dominates the offensive line, you are in really, really good shape. #PrayForMaxGarcia

3 – Hard to win a game when your quarterback keeps screwing up.

4 – The silver lining is that the Cards got into the red zone several times.

5 – I couldn’t help thinking that now the media will hail the Rams, Packers, Bucs, and forget more about the Cards. Why is that important to me? Because I see the NFL as entertainment, and a source of providing fun. It is fun to read about the good things with your team. It is fun to have them in the spotlight.

6 – Much of their success can maybe be traced back to a huge motivation to prove the doubters wrong. Do they get that back now? Does it matter if they are being disrespected by the broader NFL community? I think it does. I think that professional athletes are automatically 99% motivated all the time, and I think that added element of outside noise against them give the last percent.

7 – I always wonder what a defender instinctively thinks when Kyler Murray start to scramble? My best guess is “oooooh c**p.”

8 – Rondale Moore has not had the impact this season that I expected.

9 – Do you even want home field “advantage” in the playoff? I mean, until now I have thought the discussion was silly, but the talk is real. The numbers don’t lie.

10 – I am not going to spend another thought on how great James Conner is playing (see what I did there?)

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
#8 - I agree and think he may be hitting that rookie wall. He should have kept both feet in on that wheel route. He made fair catches instead of returning the punt on at least 2 occasions.

NWMike

Rookie
Reaction score
Seemed like a good part of Murrays problems was because 99 was in his face on every throw almost. Hard to perform at a high level when you are running or can’t step into things. The overthrow to Green on the opening series was caused by pressure and so on

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Seemed like a good part of Murrays problems was because 99 was in his face on every throw almost. Hard to perform at a high level when you are running or can’t step into things. The overthrow to Green on the opening series was caused by pressure and so on
Mike, I agree to a certain part, but I saw several overthrows or simply missed throws, and he was not pressured in all of them. He needs to clean that up.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Welcome. I’ll have a vegetarian tamale (not because I’m vegetarian, but bc they’re delicious) from Habana. And a Tito’s on ice.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mike, I agree to a certain part, but I saw several overthrows or simply missed throws, and he was not pressured in all of them. He needs to clean that up.
He had an off game. It was what it was. Can't call it a trend yet.

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Oh no, AJ, it was not at all my intention to give the impression that I see it is a bad trend. I don't think there is anything wrong with Murray. So far, I think it was just a bad game, as you mention.

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
There's a trend in Australian Rules Football of "second game blues" when a player returns from an injury lay off.

Typically they are good first game back. Wow... didn't miss a beat... the break might have done him some good... etc.

But then Game 2 show a few signs of rust.

Game 3 they settle back into their normal rhythm.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave