10 thoughts - Panthers game

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
1 – If not for this column, I would have turned off the TV somewhere in the third quarter.

2 – Did the injuries catch up to them? Horrible run defense, horrible quarterback play, horrible passing attack.

3 – Second drive – own half – fourth down. Is it correct to go for it? I don’t think so.

4 – Three first downs in the first half if not that good.

5 – I understand that several players are obligated (I am sure) by sponsorship deals to wear those yellow cleats, but it makes me cringe every time I see it. Get them off!

6 – I wonder if Haason Reddick comes back next year when his deal with Carolina runs out. Why would he do that, you ask? I don’t know. I was just wondering it.

7 – The sky is not falling. It is one defeat. Calm down.

8 – In a bizarre way, I felt it more interesting when Streveler came in, simply because the gameplan must have changed 180 degrees from McCoy, so it was at least a little interesting to see what Streveler could do. I mean, it’s not like I was hoping that he would get them back in the game, but just to see something else than what had failed miserably until then.

9 – It has sort of become a tradition (one of the rock-solid types of tradition that might change from week to week) that I write something about the announcers here. Jonathan Vilma is fun to listen to, mainly because he is an unusual type of announcer. He says things that other color analysts don’t say.

10 – They came back from a heartbreaking loss to the Packers. Can they do it again? In the words of Vince Lombardi: “It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.”

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
1 – If not for this column, I would have turned off the TV somewhere in the third quarter.
I walked away from the TV and started knocking out some chores, but I still couldn't not watch.
2 – Did the injuries catch up to them? Horrible run defense, horrible quarterback play, horrible passing attack.
The Cardinals structurally have issues stopping the run. Too many guys that aren't plus run defenders. And then Vance likes to play the two deep look and generally refuses to bring up safeties to help.
3 – Second drive – own half – fourth down. Is it correct to go for it? I don’t think so.
Horrible call. With Murray out the team should focus on risk adverse football for the most part. For me, I thought that was the turning point of the game and it was early.
4 – Three first downs in the first half if not that good.
Terrible, which is why you play a less risky game.
5 – I understand that several players are obligated (I am sure) by sponsorship deals to wear those yellow cleats, but it makes me cringe every time I see it. Get them off!
I like them.
6 – I wonder if Haason Reddick comes back next year when his deal with Carolina runs out. Why would he do that, you ask? I don’t know. I was just wondering it.
Likely not.
7 – The sky is not falling. It is one defeat. Calm down.
I tend to think so, but I also think this team will not win many more games with Colt as the QB. It's not that Colt is terrible, it's just the fact that he is a backup for a reason.
8 – In a bizarre way, I felt it more interesting when Streveler came in, simply because the gameplan must have changed 180 degrees from McCoy, so it was at least a little interesting to see what Streveler could do. I mean, it’s not like I was hoping that he would get them back in the game, but just to see something else than what had failed miserably until then.
Streveler is such a limited passer though. He had a couple W.T.F! passes that were bad throws for a pee wee player.
9 – It has sort of become a tradition (one of the rock-solid types of tradition that might change from week to week) that I write something about the announcers here. Jonathan Vilma is fun to listen to, mainly because he is an unusual type of announcer. He says things that other color analysts don’t say.
I've turned into an Aqib Talib fan. That dude talks nuts and bolts which is rare for a color analyst.
10 – They came back from a heartbreaking loss to the Packers. Can they do it again? In the words of Vince Lombardi: “It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.”
I think they don't if Murray doesn't come back. The Cardinals WILL be 8-3 if Colt starts against the Seahawks.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
9. Only Fox guys I like are Daryl Johnston and Greg Olson
Aikman is tolerable as is Talib if we win.

AzRedbird69

Rookie
Reaction score
Sinks? I don't think so. Taking on water for sure. I'll feel a lot better when Murray and Hop are back.

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The yellow cleats look like yellow flags to me. I think there's a penalty on every play. :)

Exactly, CCF! :D It is annoying. And also, related to my football- (soccer) supporting here in Denmark, I just really, really, really don’t like yellow, but that is another story. I constantly got confused with the cleats.

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I did wonder whether it was a case of us taking on water for a while but the ship sails on ok... then reaches a certain point and sinks quickly

I have thought the same, RoW. That it might actually have been a very good idea in the long run to take this beatdown, yet get Murray and Hopkins more time to recover, and thus hopefully being ready for the final part of the season.