10 thoughts - Packers game

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
1 – All you can ask for is a chance, and the Cards got that.

2 – Losing J.J. Watt is massive. Massive. Can’t be overstated.

3 – All offseason I was singing the praise of Sean Harlow, so it was so great to see him starting in a real game now. And he did well, by the way.

4 – It felt like the Cards were always a step behind. Which they were, so it makes sense that it felt that way, but no, you know, like every second was an uphill battle.

5 – I like the black uniforms better than the red. I wish they would always play in black.

6 – I don’t have any opinion (okay, that is a lie) about the whole selling-tickets-to-Packersfans-gate, so I won’t get into that discussion. I just want to calmly point out that as long as people sell their tickets at extreme overprizes, the organization-sold tickets will become more and more expensive for the coming seasons. Thus, it will become more expensive for everyone. Again, I am not judging. Just something to think about.

7 – Nothing is more frustrating than long, methodical drives by the opponent, and that the Packers had three of those made me at least 50 years older.

8 – I would trade Chandler Jones before Tuesday.

9 – Please be well, Nuk Hopkins.

10 – My kingdom for a sweep of the Niners! I really, really don’t like them. Horrible organization. I truly, deeply, and wholeheartedly despise them. Easily the worst team in the NFL.

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The last thing I would do is trade CJ. Maybe we don't re-sign him next year but we need any and all the talent we can muster in the front 7 this year.

I completely agree, Cardiac, but that is also the problem, in my opinion. I don’t think Chandler Jones cause much of a difference, neither by himself nor in helping others. In fact, I would argue that the money he gets could – theoretically, of course – could have been better used to keep Haason Reddick.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree about Reddick but that's water under the bridge at this point. CJ still gets pressures and has to be accounted for.

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I agree about Reddick but that's water under the bridge at this point. CJ still gets pressures and has to be accounted for.

You are right, Cardiac. It is probably also one of those situations where he is more worth to the Cardinals than to anyone else, and it makes no sense to let him go now for a midround pick. I think my idea was to get a player in return, but again, the numbers back you up - he is still a big part of the pass rush.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA