10 thoughts - Niners game

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
1 – When in trouble – look for #10.

2 – Did Kliff Kingsbury just outcoach the (media-anointed) mighty Kyle Shanahan? Did you see that, media?

3 – Four 4th down stops! I have never seen that before. Heck, I have never even heard about it before.

4 – Kyler Murray off.

5 – You are Trey Lance. You see J.J. Watt and Corey Peters come running at you, without any blockers stopping them, and with their arms up in the sky, making them look like giants. What are you thinking?

6 – If Rodney Hudson and Maxx Williams are out for an extended period, and Kyler Murray is feeling some pain in his shoulder? Well, then there is always next year.

7 – Who would have thought that Mark Sanchez would be a good color analyst? Not great, but good.

8 – I have never understood that each week different posters would give variations of “Josh Jones is a good guard.” He has been a liability since preseason started, and this week was the worst so far.

9 – Isaiah Simmons is becoming a true force.

10 – Steve Keim has had a great offseason.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

2 – Did Kliff Kingsbury just outcoach the (media-anointed) mighty Kyle Shanahan? Did you see that, media?

3 – Four 4th down stops! I have never seen that before. Heck, I have never even heard about it before.

4 – Kyler Murray off.

5 – You are Trey Lance. You see J.J. Watt and Corey Peters come running at you, without any blockers stopping them, and with their arms up in the sky, making them look like giants. What are you thinking?

6 – If Rodney Hudson and Maxx Williams are out for an extended period, and Kyler Murray is feeling some pain in his shoulder? Well, then there is always next year.

7 – Who would have thought that Mark Sanchez would be a good color analyst? Not great, but good.

8 – I have never understood that each week different posters would give variations of “Josh Jones is a good guard.” He has been a liability since preseason started, and this week was the worst so far.

6 - Did we quit when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

4 – Kyler Murray off.

Are you serious? He was flat out the worst I’ve heard in years. He was horrible. He seems nervous. Didn’t know how to fill time and really offered no insight to the game.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I've been happy that Murray has spread the ball around this year, but this was the type of game that you sometimes just have to get the ball into your best players hands.

2 – Did Kliff Kingsbury just outcoach the (media-anointed) mighty Kyle Shanahan? Did you see that, media? I thought so. Leaving 2 FGs on the board clearly could've helped the Niners at the end of the game. I think it's incredibly suspect to leave points on the field when you have a raw, rookie QB.

3 – Four 4th down stops! I have never seen that before. Heck, I have never even heard about it before. Bend, don't break defense. I'm not a huge Vance Joseph fan, but there are a number of really good players on the Cardinals defense.

4 – Kyler Murray off. Credit the Niners front seven, but Murray still has some flaws to his game. He needs to still improve at climbing the pocket. A number of times when he got into trouble, it was because of him bailing.

5 – You are Trey Lance. You see J.J. Watt and Corey Peters come running at you, without any blockers stopping them, and with their arms up in the sky, making them look like giants. What are you thinking? Trey seemed pretty tough. I think he'll need to learn to tone it down. He's not playing Wyoming School of Mines.

6 – If Rodney Hudson and Maxx Williams are out for an extended period, and Kyler Murray is feeling some pain in his shoulder? Well, then there is always next year. Garcia played well and I think that the Cardinals really just need a good blocker at TE.

7 – Who would have thought that Mark Sanchez would be a good color analyst? Not great, but good. I wasn't a fan.

8 – I have never understood that each week different posters would give variations of “Josh Jones is a good guard.” He has been a liability since preseason started, and this week was the worst so far. He's had some good play at times, but he was physically overmatched.

9 – Isaiah Simmons is becoming a true force. Just imagine if Zaven was actually playing more. I thought he looked really good in the snaps he got. The Cardinals middle of the defense has a future with the ILB and Safety tandem.

10 – Steve Keim has had a great offseason. I agree, but my caveat is that this upcoming offseason will be pivotal on how he uses cap space.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
#8-The RG position. Does anyone think that if Hudson can come back, that we try Garcia at RG?

P.S. Thanks Gandhi.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The best part of the Sanchez commentary was the first drive where it wasn't working

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I sense that I should explain myself about the Mark Sanchez-point. :Dold

I measure the analysts up against each other. In my opinion, that is the only way it makes sense, since we as fans obviously have no input in who the networks put on the broadcasts, and thus simply have to live with the commentary team for that week. And in that context, I do think Sanchez was better than most other analysts, and thus, good. :)

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
#8-The RG position. Does anyone think that if Hudson can come back, that we try Garcia at RG?

P.S. Thanks Gandhi.

Yeah I've been pulling for Josh Jones but he was BAD in that game. If he doesn't get better soon as soon as Hudson can play C again we should consider playing Max at RG. I continue to be impressed with Max he's not a pro bowler but he so far has avoided big mistakes and he does his job.

Also that was the best game Pugh has played in awhile he made 3-4 REALLY good blocks on runs and saved Kylers butt once on a great last second block

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA