10 thoughts - Jaguars game

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
1 – I call him Byron Playmaker (okay, not really).

2 – The first time Matt Prater misses this year it ends in a kick six. That’s rough, man.

3 – I do understand why they want Kelvin Beachum and/or Justin Murray on the field, but it is very clear that Josh Jones is most natural at tackle. Good game by him.

4 – Kyler Murray’s baby yoda is easily the best celebration I have ever seen.

5 – This is not the first time – not even this season – that Isaiah Simmons does something, that is borderline stupid, after a play. This was just the only time he was caught in it. Calm down.

6 – Talk about a freak play.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

7 – It seems to me that Kingsbury has a different attitude on the sideline this season. He seems more expressive, more fiery. I like it.

8 – Last week I criticized the signing of A. J. Green. That aged well, huh?

9 – Truth be told, I think Baker Mayfield is a good actor in those Progressive commercials.

10 – A sign of a good team is that they can win games where they play bad.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
#2 that wasn’t his first miss

#4 during broadcast they said it has nothing to do with baby Yoda and his love of Bruce Lee instead??? Not sure I buy it though... lol

Chris Godwin copied it yesterday which I thought was weird.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
1 – I call him Byron Playmaker (okay, not really).
I was never concerned about Byron Murphy and pretty much every metric I could find showed that he was an average starting cornerback last season. With his youth, I thought he still had some growth, and it looks like he has taken the next step so far this year. Murphy and Wilson can be a good twosome at corner for the foreseeable future.
2 – The first time Matt Prater misses this year it ends in a kick six. That’s rough, man.
It was a real stupid decision when you weigh the downside. Luckily the team bounced back, but could you imagine if the Cardinals lost by 3? Sometimes doing nothing is your best option.
3 – I do understand why they want Kelvin Beachum and/or Justin Murray on the field, but it is very clear that Josh Jones is most natural at tackle. Good game by him.
Josh Jones has been a bright spot so far, but I still wonder WHY the team was rotating him in and out in the earlier games. I'm happy they moved on from Winters who has been a below average starter for most of his career and I'd rather go with a young guy like Harlow.
4 – Kyler Murray’s baby yoda is easily the best celebration I have ever seen.
I think it's even more funny when you consider that Murray hasn't watched Star Wars.
5 – This is not the first time – not even this season – that Isaiah Simmons does something, that is borderline stupid, after a play. This was just the only time he was caught in it. Calm down.
It was a dumb, adrenaline type play. I thought it was crazy the refs caught that but didn't catch the hit on Hopson when he was standing out of bounds. Jaguars player literally hit him seconds after the play and it wasn't an adrenaline type play. That was the type of player you look to eject a guy over.
6 – Talk about a freak play.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I was talking about the game with my friend who is a Rams fan and all I could say over and over is that it was a weird game. I agree with what Murray and Kingsbury opined.....the last two seasons this game would have been a loss. I was getting concerned when they didn't turn the game around immediately in the third quarter and kept saying "they need a turnover". Thankfully, Trevor Lawrence is a terrible starting QB right now and he served up a juicy one.
7 – It seems to me that Kingsbury has a different attitude on the sideline this season. He seems more expressive, more fiery. I like it.
I think he feels the pressure, and he should. He is the head coach. Right or wrong, he takes all of the blame first and foremost. One of the things that made you know that Wilks wasn't a head coach was when he blamed the players after every loss.
8 – Last week I criticized the signing of A. J. Green. That aged well, huh?
Green doesn't have to be a #1 or a #2 or even a #3 to be successful. The Cardinals have enough weapons this year and Green will have his games.
9 – Truth be told, I think Baker Mayfield is a good actor in those Progressive commercials.
Agreed.
10 – A sign of a good team is that they can win games where they play bad.
If you are just looking at the end result, the stats didn't even look bad! But if you watched the game, you knew that for 2 1/2 quarters the Cardinals didn't really beat up on a team that they should.

The Jaguars do a few things well and they had a solid game plan. They pass block well and can run the ball a bit. They played two deep safeties and forced the Cardinals to dink and dunk.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
6. Why would a referee even be throwing the flag in that direction? It doesn’t make any sense to me .

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

#4 during broadcast they said it has nothing to do with baby Yoda and his love of Bruce Lee instead??? Not sure I buy it though... lol

It's because they're both on my fantasy team (-:

I thought it was weird too copying celebrations from a guy on another team?

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kyler wears thigh pads with Bruce Lee on them. Pretty sure thats what his celly is for but he's lucky it took off as baby yoda after Chandlers comments

Reaction score

It's more of a zen/meditation pose. Buddhism

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
K1's celebration has nothing to do with Baby Yoda whatsoever.

I know, but I guess that is kind of like how it is known now. Bruce Lee-celebration sounds a little strange, I guess. :)

But honestly, I have never watched Star Wars either, so I actually don’t know if he is making a baby yoda.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I don’t think it’s baby Yoda. I think it’s a budda/meditation thing that everyone has co-opted as baby Yoda due to chandlers nickname.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t think it’s baby Yoda. I think it’s a budda/meditation thing that everyone has co-opted as baby Yoda due to chandlers nickname.
It's a yoga pose I believe and putting the hands in that position is a meditation form of this pose

You must be registered for see images attach

Dynomite

Veteran
Reaction score
Baker is actually a funny dude. I actually look forward to seeing any new progressive commercial with him in it.