10 thoughts - 49ers game

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
1 – He might not be aware of it, but James Conner is my new best friend.

2 – Kliff Kingsbury clearly outcoach the mighty Kyle Shanahan. What do you know?

3 – I am starting to believe Keim when he says that McCoy was their most important offseason addition.

4 – I am sure that some of you were lucky enough to have watched Freddie Joe Nunn play. Very cool honoring of him that Chandler Jones made when he broke his sack record.

5 – I am proud of Sean Harlow.

6– Vance Joseph is going to get head coach opportunities in the offseason.

7 – I miss Aqib Talib as an announcer. After the Vikings game I was a little annoyed with him, but @Cardsfaninlouky and @Osbern61 told me to just take him for what he is, and I took that in. Talib probably don’t know about much else than DBs and straight up gangzta rap, but him and Gus Johnson are at least enthusiastic and contagious.

8 – Your head coach absolutely cannot get a personal foul, but I kind of liked it. Fiery attitude.

9 – I understand that Kingsbury and Kugler wants their fairly high draft pick, Josh Jones, to pan out. That’s all I am going to say on the matter this week (cough cough).

10 – Andy Isabella made a big play! Great tackle on special teams at the end of the third quarter to prevent any return and pin them back inside their own 20.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
He's a real solid player and I hope the Cardinals keep him long term. I doubt teams line up to pay him so the Cardinals should offer a reasonable contract and keep him around.
2 – Kliff Kingsbury clearly outcoach the mighty Kyle Shanahan. What do you know?
I'm not a Shanahan believer and I think this game demonstrates exactly what I see about Shanahan. He is a lot of bluster and a lot arrogance and isn't half as good a head coach as his fanboys think he is. The Niners should have WIPED THE FLOOR with the Cardinals yesterday, but coaching was the big difference.
3 – I am starting to believe Keim when he says that McCoy was their most important offseason addition.
I was a fan of the McCoy signing because good NFL backup QBs generally have started a good amount of games and have had some success. McCoy has had ample time to watch what right looks like and should be able to apply what he has seen for 2-3 games.
4 – I am sure that some of you were lucky enough to have watched Freddie Joe Nunn play. Very cool honoring of him that Chandler Jones made when he broke his sack record.
Freddie Joe Nunn was right before my time as a fan, but I grew up in Ahwatukee and I saw him a few times as a kid.
I'm a Sean Harlow fan. He is, what is becoming the quintessential Kugler lineman. Tough, smart, and ready to answer the call on a whistles notice.
I wish him the best, but he would be smart to wait for the right opening, not the first opening. Smart coaches wait for the right jobs.
7 – I miss Aqib Talib as an announcer. After the Vikings game I was a little annoyed with him, but @Cardsfaninlouky and @Osbern61 told me to just take him for what he is, and I took that in. Talib probably don’t know about much else than DBs and straight up gangzta rap, but him and Gus Johnson are at least enthusiastic and contagious.
Talib is like listening to one of the guys. I love his enthusiasm. Sanchez is a tool.
8 – Your head coach absolutely cannot get a personal foul, but I kind of liked it. Fiery attitude.
You could see Kliff talking smack. It's exactly what I'd do. Some punk ass comes up talking smack while his team is losing, why not respond?
9 – I understand that Kingsbury and Kugler wants their fairly high draft pick, Josh Jones, to pan out. That’s all I am going to say on the matter this week (cough cough).
OL sometimes take 4-5 years to take off. A 23 year old generally has a strength deficit on 28 year olds. Be patient, we've seen enough good from Josh Jones to warrant waiting a year or two from him to develop.
10 – Andy Isabella made a big play! Great tackle on special teams at the end of the third quarter to prevent any return and pin them back inside their own 20.
I expect a bit more from a 2nd round pick...

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I actually like Talib, I think he's funny & his slang if you will is different for t.v, not just the same ole same ole.

WindCardinal

All Star
Reaction score

Garcia was playing RG for a while (getting beat) before leaving due to injury. I didn’t notice Jones playing bad though when he replaced him?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was just about to post same thing lol. D Hop looking out for K2 tells you all that's needed about state of locker room right now
Hump too. When interviewed he outright said “I’m not gonna let you talk smack to my coach. I went and looked for that guy after the game and couldn’t find him”

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hump too. When interviewed he outright said “I’m not gonna let you talk smack to my coach. I went and looked for that guy after the game and couldn’t find him”

And he said "but I kept my helmet on".

Cause thats how you know it's a real fight. You are considering what if he hits back

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
WindCardinal:

Garcia was playing RG for a while (getting beat) before leaving due to injury. I didn’t notice Jones playing bad though when he replaced him?

Yes, WC, but Garcia were injured sometimes in the second quarter (I believe it was), and he wasn’t playing that well either. But on Jones’ first play of the game, he almost got McCoy killed. The rest of the game you are right that he did not commit big mistakes.

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm not a Shanahan believer and I think this game demonstrates exactly what I see about Shanahan. He is a lot of bluster and a lot arrogance and isn't half as good a head coach as his fanboys think he is. The Niners should have WIPED THE FLOOR with the Cardinals yesterday, but coaching was the big difference.

I agree Krang. I think he has gotten a pass way too many times. Yes, many of his players have been injured, but so has a lot of other coaches’. At some point you are just not good enough as a head coach.

By the way, thanks for always taking the time to answer these columns. It makes for good discussion.

Reaction score
:lol: Gotta love those "lunch pail" guys who play their asses off!
Shanahan - OVERRATED! Carroll - DEAD! McVay - . . .
The FA acquisition that NOBODY talked about! The perfect backup QB.
Harlow has played well for a guy that wasn't expected to be playing at all! Love what Kugler has done. . .
It's my hope that VJ recognizes that not everyone is meant to be a HC. I would love to see the organization build something that lasts more than a season, keeping the coaching staff intact is a major part of making that happen!
Norman has a habit of getting under one's skin! Don't make it a habit K2! :cool:

A question: How in the heck do you split quotes with this software version, without having to copy, paste, cut. . . about 50 times?

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
A question: How in the heck do you split quotes with this software version, without having to copy, paste, cut. . . about 50 times?

I actually think you don’t, CL. :( At least I don’t know how.

But yes, I too think that keeping a coaching staff intact is a big key to success. I am a big proponent of continuity, and I also think that every coach in the NFL have big abilities, so if they are put in the right situations, they can succeed – it is just that often it takes time to get to that situation. However, I completely understand if Vance Joseph wants to try again, and I think it might help him tremendously that it would be his second chance at being a head coach. That he will have learned from previous mistakes.

P.S. I must honestly say, CL, that I always become a little scared when seeing your avatar. :shock::p

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose