10 Perhaps Early Surprising Predictions About this Draft

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
1 By drafting well the Seahawks can become the top team in the West.
2 The Cards will have a solid draft and become a 2024 playoff contender
3 This is the best draft in years for OL & CBs with huge numbers taken
4 This draft will feature continuous trading, maybe record setting
5 The Cards will only consider day 3 receivers, maybe taking none
6 The runs on positions will start with QBs, DLs, OLs & CBs
7 The Cards will sign a FA CB before the draft
8 If Cards don’t take Anderson they won’t take an Edge before day 3 if at all
9 Cards will take more OLs than any other position
10 If Schmitz isn’t there at 34, the Cards will trade down

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Mostly agree... however I see a 3rd round receiver coming AZs way... especially if Hop is traded.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mostly agree... however I see a 3rd round receiver coming AZs way... especially if Hop is traded.

I can see us not taking one. Maybe late as a developer with ST's potential but not early.

If Hopkins goes then I'd guess they use that pick on his replacement but otherwise Nuk, Brown, Rondale, Dortch, McBride and Ertz are plenty of receiving options. Maybe they resign Tweezy on the cheap too.

We need some outside depth. Maybe they add a cheap vet there.

Last edited:

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
If Hopkins is traded, which is very likely, you can't rely on just Brown, Dortch, McBride and Ertz. Zach is coming back from major injury. Notice I don't include Moore...that's because he can't be counted on, as well. Anything you get from him is just bonus...I think it will be Moore and Pharaoh Cooper (not sure of his contract status, but should be retained) battling it out for end of bench and ST reps. It's a shame Anderson didn't work out...his size/speed combo is just what this team will need to go along with Brown and Dortch.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Hopkins is traded, which is very likely, you can't rely on just Brown, Dortch, McBride and Ertz. Zach is coming back from major injury. Notice I don't include Moore...that's because he can't be counted on, as well. Anything you get from him is just bonus...I think it will be Moore and Pharaoh Cooper (not sure of his contract status, but should be retained) battling it out for end of bench and ST reps. It's a shame Anderson didn't work out...his size/speed combo is just what this team will need to go along with Brown and Dortch.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Did I miss Anderson getting released. His cap number is a concern but that can be fixed.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
#3 is pretty key for me. We need at least one starter and a lot of depth both at OL and CB. This is the draft to get those positions locked up. Double, even triple dip into those position groups if need be.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Allen Lazard

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Lots of Trees in the forest at WR, if you get my drift..

I see a quality drop off at CB at the beginning of R2. So I would like to grab one by pick 34 if that is still a priority with our new GM.

I do like the day 1 and 2 selection of IOL and could see us filling our need there with 2 by our first 3 or 4 picks with the likes of Skoronski, Schmitz, Torrence, Mauch, Oluwatimi, Avila, Wypler, Vorhees, and Patterson.

If we stay put and take Anderson, well that will limit our numbers considerably. We'd have to pretty much look elsewhere for an upgrade at starting CB, if we plan on upgrading the OL fully via the draft.

Trading back from #3 is going to completely decide the direction and depth of our draft. I have no desire to see us accumulating a bunch of late round picks. To me, that is just a waste of time and resources in a draft so deep in Day 1 and 2 players.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
If Monti goes this direction, things are looking good.

1 - Will Anderson
2 - John Michael Schmitz

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Cards trade down and address trenches, pick up the next star rb like Derrick Henry in the second round to with several linemen selected. The GM office has that look like we're fixing the line look.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A couple of good WRs in FA. How about Jakobi Meyers or DJ Chark?

Meyers is going to get Christian Kirk money.

Chark is possible. He blew if shot last year on a $10m deal. Didn't earn it at all. I can see him costing $7m ish.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The more I read about Tippmann the more I want him. Super athletic, strong as an ox, and great size.

Steve Avila is my favorite C. He seems to have been removed from the C conversation but he played more seasons there than G.

Avila and Schmidt are the only guys I think have a shot of starting at C right away.

But after those 2 I like Tippmann, but I think he needs time to adjust.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Steve Avila is my favorite C. He seems to have been removed from the C conversation but he played more seasons there than G.

Avila and Schmidt are the only guys I think have a shot of starting at C right away.

Pedigree matters to an extent.

Wisconsin just churns out OL year after year just like Notre Dame does.

I like all three to be honest though, I'd just bet on the Wisconsin factor.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
The more I read about Tippmann the more I want him. Super athletic, strong as an ox, and great size.
Certainly the best alternative. He’s not as agile as Schmitz, but he’d be a day one starter for Cards.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score

I think he’s more of a project than Schmitz or Tippmann. He’s not as agile and has had issues diagnosing plays to call out blocking at C. That’s why several see him more at G. I don’t think he’s a day one starter if you project him at C. He has the toughness and basic components to play C, but needs to be cosched up for a year before starting IMO.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson