#1 Corona del Sol @ Chandler

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
That's right, Corona del Sol is #1... you can say they are overrated, having played no worthwhile competition and possessing no top college prospects, but nevertheless they...no WE, are #1. Now, maybe I shouldn't say "we" since I have not been to a game in all my four years at Corona, but I believe it is my right as a Senior (class of '09 baby!).

I will be at this game down ghetto AZ Ave. between Ray and Chandler Blvd. and I suggest you all come by too, sporting your orange and yellow Aztec gear. It's a match-up between two of the top five teams in the state (if Chandler wins this week's game vs. Highland I believe..). And Chandler does have a couple prospects to watch, though they will not look good vs. Corona's smothering defense or unstoppable offensive attack.

I despise Chandler High. Those :soapbox: will get what's coming to them Friday, Oct. 17th at 7P.M. This will more than likely be the game of the week. Do not miss it.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
I am a Corona alum - I am assuming this is in basketball?

We were pretty loaded when I was there in 96-99 too.

OP
OP
N

Nasser22

Reaction score
Actually this is football. #1 in power rankings

I remember. You told me you were in Mr. Carter's theater program.

I don't expect much in the playoffs as I believe our coach hasn't changed anything he does since the 80's...lol, but for now I'll enjoy this. :D

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Actually this is football. #1 in power rankings

I remember. You told me you were in Mr. Carter's theater program.

I don't expect much in the playoffs as I believe our coach hasn't changed anything he does since the 80's...lol, but for now I'll enjoy this. :D

christ where is my head - we are #1 in football?????

Nice - I have been out of Arizona too long.

OP
OP
N

Nasser22

Reaction score
Yep, I know it's strange...the football team isn't usually very good and after this season they'll go back to what they were before. The freshman team is awful. It's just my class that brought the talent. Venturo is not a great coach...I think the last time they reached the semifinals was the year I was born. :D 1991

I'll let you know how the game goes. A win here would really earn the team some respect.

OP
OP
N

Nasser22

Reaction score
Well, Hamilton just jumped over us in the power rankings. Now it's #2 Corona del Sol @ #3 Chandler... Still going to be a good one as we regain our #1 spot.

OP
OP
N

Nasser22

Reaction score
Corona del Sol defeated Chandler tonight by eight and so has taken back the #1 seed! That was such a fun game to be at. We were standing throughout the second half, damn I'm tired. :p Big win on the road!

Edit: Nope, Hamilton beat up on a nobody, 48-0, and kept the #1 spot in the power rankings, but Corona is now a clear #2

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose