‘Smallville’s Allison Mack Granted $5M Bond In Sex-Trafficking Case

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

http://deadline.com/2018/04/smallvi...granted-bond-sex-trafficking-case-1202375882/

You must be registered for see images

A federal judge today approved a $5 million bond for the release of Allison Mack, the former Smallville star who was arrested last week on charges of sex trafficking, sex trafficking conspiracy and forced labor conspiracy. The U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of New York confirmed the news to Deadline, without giving further details or comment.

She was arrested Friday and indicted along with Keith Raniere, the alleged leader of a self-help program and purported pyramid scheme being investigated for operating a shadow society of female “slaves.” Both face mandatory minimum sentences of 15 years to life in prison if convicted. (Read the indictment here.)

U.S. Magistrate Judge Viktor Pohorelsky granted the bond during a hearing Tuesday in New York. The government’s case is being handled by the Office’s Organized Crime and Gangs Section.

“As alleged in the indictment, Allison Mack recruited women to join what was purported to be a female mentorship group that was, in fact, created and led by Keith Raniere,” United States Attorney Richard P. Donoghue said Friday in announcing the arrests. “The victims were then exploited, both sexually and for their labor, to the defendants’ benefit.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow. Plenty of details at the link. Crazy stuff.

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score

http://deadline.com/2018/04/smallvi...granted-bond-sex-trafficking-case-1202375882/

You must be registered for see images

A federal judge today approved a $5 million bond for the release of Allison Mack, the former Smallville star who was arrested last week on charges of sex trafficking, sex trafficking conspiracy and forced labor conspiracy. The U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of New York confirmed the news to Deadline, without giving further details or comment.

She was arrested Friday and indicted along with Keith Raniere, the alleged leader of a self-help program and purported pyramid scheme being investigated for operating a shadow society of female “slaves.” Both face mandatory minimum sentences of 15 years to life in prison if convicted. (Read the indictment here.)

U.S. Magistrate Judge Viktor Pohorelsky granted the bond during a hearing Tuesday in New York. The government’s case is being handled by the Office’s Organized Crime and Gangs Section.

“As alleged in the indictment, Allison Mack recruited women to join what was purported to be a female mentorship group that was, in fact, created and led by Keith Raniere,” United States Attorney Richard P. Donoghue said Friday in announcing the arrests. “The victims were then exploited, both sexually and for their labor, to the defendants’ benefit.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow. Plenty of details at the link. Crazy stuff.

Yeah. This is a crazy case. Sounds like there are a lot of victims who were sexually abused and raped.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
This is nuts... There was a Latin artist named Gloria Trevi about a decade or so ago who was wrapped up in a similar situation.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He brainwashed her too but I doubt that saves her. She is going to go down. The last report I read is that they are negotiating a plea agreement. I am not excusing her actions but I think it's short sighted to think that a guy who brain washed so many women didn't also make her somewhat of a victim.

I also read that her Smallville co-star Kristin Kreuk was duped into joining the cult for 7 years until she wised up and left about 5 years ago.

This story is made for TV. In fact, I am pretty sure this story would have ended up on Chloe Sullivan's wall of weird.

Last edited: