Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

‘Ghostbusters: Afterlife’ Sequel to Hit Theaters in December 2023​

The next Ghostbusters movie will hit theaters on Dec. 20, 2023.

The sequel is a follow-up to director Jason Reitman’s Ghostbusters: Afterlife, which at long last revived the marquee franchise for Sony. The studio announced the high-profile 2023 release date on Tuesday.

Earlier this month on “Ghostbusters Day,” Reitman and co-writer Gil Kenan confirmed what the end credits of Ghostbusters: Afterlife hinted at –— that the live action sequel will return to the original films’ New York City and firehouse setting.

Ghostbusters: Afterlife, which debuted in theaters in November 2021, earned more than $200 million at the global box office despite the pandemic.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got me some goosebumps when they showed the OGs!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm talking about the movie! There have been no ads, no buzz, nothing in the lead up.

Would the media blitz have possibly been held up because of the strikes? (I honestly don't know)

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would the media blitz have possibly been held up because of the strikes? (I honestly don't know)
Bingo

When is Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire in cinemas?
Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire will hit cinemas on 29 March, 2024 — Easter weekend.

The film was originally slated for release at Christmas 2023 but was delayed amid the ongoing writer and actor strike.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plot: The discovery of an ancient artifact unleashes an evil force, Ghostbusters new and old must join forces to protect their home and save the world from a second ice age.

Director: Gil Kenan
Written By: Jason Reitman, Gil Kenan
Cast: Paul Rudd, Carrie Coon, Finn Wolfhard, McKenna Grace, Kumail Nanjiani, Patton Oswalt, Celeste O’Conner, Logan Kim, Dan Aykroyd, Ernie Hudson, Annie Potts, Bill Murray

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kind of shocked Murray is in this trailer considering the massive battle it took to get him to agree to the last one.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Considering his legal problems right now, I’m guessing the paycheck was pretty enticing.
You talking about the stuff that got Aziz’s movie canceled? If so, I was thinking the same thing, but I actually think Busters 2 was already in the can when the news of him getting Aziz’s movie shut down happened.

Regardless, I’m sure they backed up the brinks truck to his front door with money to come back.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
You talking about the stuff that got Aziz’s movie canceled? If so, I was thinking the same thing, but I actually think Busters 2 was already in the can when the news of him getting Aziz’s movie shut down happened.

Regardless, I’m sure they backed up the brinks truck to his front door with money to come back.
No I’m talking about his own #MeToo stuff.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No I’m talking about his own #MeToo stuff.
That is what I’m talking about. Aziz had a movie in production last year (2022) that got shut down because of MeToo allegations made against Murray by crew member while on Aziz’s set.