Settle this fantasy baseball fiasco

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
So I am in this roto league and the comish turned off the waiting period for waiver time so everybody could pick up free agents instantaniously. So some guy drops Vlad Guerrero by mistake at like 4:00 am and I snapped him up at 4:01 am before the season started. Now he is crying to the league and to the commish to make me give him up because he is a newbie and it was an accident. My outfield is Bonds-Guerrero-Walker, far and away the best OF unit out of any other manager.

So I have stayed quiet this whole time, like 5 people have e-mailed me asking me to drop him or trade him back. what should I do? I picked him up fair and square. Should I give in and drop him or hold onto him? If I keep him, what would be a nice way to say it with out sounding like a dick?

moviegeekjn

Registered
Reaction score
If you picked him up fair and square, I see no problem.... If he wants to cry to the Commissioner and plead his case, let him do so. If the Commissioner goes strictly by the rules... you win. If he is like Bud Selig, you lose :)

Derek in Tucson

Veteran
Reaction score
In a gesture of good will, I'd give him back. All you would accomplish by keeping him is to piss off the rest of the league. If you keep him, you will have basically ruined the league. Nobody is going to want to trade with you, and I'd say it's highly likely that a lot of dead teams would start floating around on your fantasy baseball pond.

To me it's like somebody losing their wallet and you justify keeping all the cash in it as a "finders keepers" mentality. We should strive to have honesty and integrity in all parts of out lives...even fantasy baseball.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Dude give him back my team sucks with out him. :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Moose Lady

Veteran
Reaction score
Even though you snatched him up "fair and square", you had to know that it was a huge mistake on his part. But rather than just giving him back, you should tell him you'll trade him back for someone that's pretty decent but of course not of Vlade's caliber (who is?). Doing this would be a penalty on him for doing something totally stupid and not paying attention to what he was doing. And yet, he wouldn't totally lose out. IMO that would be the most fair thing to do.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ryanwb
So I am in this roto league and the comish turned off the waiting period for waiver time so everybody could pick up free agents instantaniously. So some guy drops Vlad Guerrero by mistake at like 4:00 am and I snapped him up at 4:01 am before the season started. Now he is crying to the league and to the commish to make me give him up because he is a newbie and it was an accident. My outfield is Bonds-Guerrero-Walker, far and away the best OF unit out of any other manager.

So I have stayed quiet this whole time, like 5 people have e-mailed me asking me to drop him or trade him back. what should I do? I picked him up fair and square. Should I give in and drop him or hold onto him? If I keep him, what would be a nice way to say it with out sounding like a dick?

Fair and square? The guy dropped him by accident, he didn't mean to. You are taking advantage of something that shouldn't have happened, and now you have an outfield that you basically got unfairly.

You would feel good about yourself all season knowing you didn't deserve him really?

Pretty lame of you not to give him back.

Mike