Gortat Traded.....Seriously

asudevil83

Reaction score
Magic Trade Andriuskevicius To Cleveland, Obtain Gortat From Suns

Magic Press Release - The Magic selected center Martynas Andriuskevicius in the second round (44th overall) of the 2005 NBA Draft, then traded his draft rights to the Cleveland Cavaliers in exchange for a 2006 second round draft pick and cash considerations.

Later, Orlando obtained the draft rights to forward-center Marcin Gortat (57th overall) from the Phoenix Suns in exchange for cash considerations.

so much for that guy......

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
So what the heck are they doing? They're making moves like we're 50 million over the cap!!

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
asudevil83 said:
so much for that guy......

In exchange for cash.

Does anybody know how Sarver's business is doing.

Maybe he spent to much time acting stupid at Suns games and lost a bunch of money?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wha? Damn Caucasians! Didn't want him anyway! :confused:

playstation

Selfless Service
Reaction score
LOL

i about fell out of my chair laughing. seriously, that's friggin cheap. if you were to objectively look at what sarver has done since taking over the team, the cheapness is quite startling.

you think they'd let me use walter mccarty in my rec league if i gave sarver a 20 spot?

Reaction score
At least BC didn't give us a chance to get excited over this guy. More money for the JJ/STAT fund, I suppose.

OP
OP
asudevil83

asudevil83

Reaction score
oh.......and a twist to this one

this was the pick i believe that the suns got in the Archibald trade a couple of years ago.

:confused:
Phoenix Trades Robert Archibald to Orlando

Posted: Dec. 26, 2003 The Phoenix Suns traded forward Robert Archibald to Orlando in exchange for a conditional 2005 second-round draft pick today.

Archibald recorded one point, one rebound and one assist in his only appearance this season at Miami on Dec. 9. The second-year pro was acquired by Phoenix on Sept. 30 from Memphis, along with Brevin Knight and Cezary Trybanski, in exchange for Bo Outlaw and Jake Tsakalidis.

In 13 career games with the Suns and Grizzlies, Archibald, the first-ever Scottish born player in the NBA, averaged 1.5 points and 1.4 rebounds in 6.0 minutes per game.

The trade is the second deal the Suns and Magic have pulled off in the last four days. Phoenix previously acquired forward Donnell Harvey from Orlando in exchange for a 2004 second-round draft pick on Dec. 23.

Last edited:

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I was trying to spell out a way Sarver could redeem himself.:confused:

Selling a draft pick. Man that's cheap.

Has Donald Sterling ever sold a draft pick?

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I'm not sure which is funnier -- that the Suns sold the pick, or that Orlando bought it. Seriously, what's the going rate for the #57 pick? A hundred dollars? Was it that likely that he was going to be taken in the final three picks of the draft if the Suns left him on the board? I just can't imagine anyone in Orlando thinking, "Oh God, I sure hope that Phoenix doesn't take Gortat."

OP
OP
asudevil83

asudevil83

Reaction score
elindholm said:
I'm not sure which is funnier -- that the Suns sold the pick, or that Orlando bought it. Seriously, what's the going rate for the #57 pick? A hundred dollars? Was it that likely that he was going to be taken in the final three picks of the draft if the Suns left him on the board? I just can't imagine anyone in Orlando thinking, "Oh God, I sure hope that Phoenix doesn't take Gortat."

i think its worse that the suns sold Orlando their own pick BACK.

HooverDam

Reaction score
So in essence we traded Q and #21 for KT and moving up a few sports in the 2nd round?

Man, if we need money that bad, trade Jake. I know he is overpriced, but there has to be some fool out there who wants him (NY, Boston, LAC, Im looking at you guys). Shouldnt someone out there be willing to do Jake for a future 2nd rounder? We have got to get his $2M off the books if our new plan is (and it clearly seems to be) "clear as much money as possible, try to sign some veteran FAs"

mribnik

Reaction score
So should I start the Gortat appreciation thread now?

Someone actually did one on the ESPN board, lol.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I thought we were going to trade Gortat to Seattle, but Magic do just as well. :shrug:

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Remember that we also sold the Golden State second-round draft pick that we acquired from the Cabarkapa deal to Boston as part of the McCarty deal.

If we had the #1 pick in the draft I'll bet Sarver wouldn't easily move down a few spots for $3 million.

Joe Mama

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Maybe Sarver will trade the Suns roster for the Clippers' roster to save $15 Million.

I wish someone stinking rich like Paul Allen bought the team.

moviebuff316

Registered
Reaction score
Suns trade 57th pick to Orlando

PHOENIX (AP) -- The Phoenix Suns have traded second-round draft pick Marcin Gortat to the Orlando Magic on Wednesday for future considerations.

Gortat, a 6-foot-11 forward-center from Poland, was the 57th selection overall.

The move left the Suns with one selection from Tuesday night's draft -- guard-forward Dijon Thompson of UCLA. Phoenix chose Thompson as the 54th pick overall, a selection obtained as part of the trade of Quentin Richardson to New York for Kurt Thomas.

The Suns sent first-round pick Nate Robinson, the 21st choice overall, to the Knicks as part of that deal.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/basketball/nba/06/29/bc.bkn.suns.magictrade.ap/index.html

The Commish

youknowhatimsayin?
Reaction score
Whatever...it's not like this guy was going to help our team during a playoff run. Man, everyone's panties are sure in a bunch these days...get over it.

Ballamania

Registered
Reaction score
who knows, they might be trying to resign hunter also. he might not want much more than was offered.

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
HooverDam said:
So in essence we traded Q and #21 for KT and moving up a few sports in the 2nd round?

Man, if we need money that bad, trade Jake. I know he is overpriced, but there has to be some fool out there who wants him (NY, Boston, LAC, Im looking at you guys). Shouldnt someone out there be willing to do Jake for a future 2nd rounder? We have got to get his $2M off the books if our new plan is (and it clearly seems to be) "clear as much money as possible, try to sign some veteran FAs"

No, it's much MUCH worse than that.

We traded Q, #21, last years #7 (which would have been Iguodala), and Gortat for Kurt Thomas, Jackson Vroman and Cash. :shrug:

hafey2

Rookie
Reaction score
ActingWild said:
No, it's much MUCH worse than that.

We traded Q, #21, last years #7 (which would have been Iguodala), and Gortat for Kurt Thomas, Jackson Vroman and Cash. :shrug:

That is not correct. We got the 21 cause we traded the 7. Thus we only traded one pick.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose